Author Topic: Lets play a game... Where will Manny Acta end up?  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Tribe Time

• Long Live LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!
I used to think Eric Wedge was the worst manager in the MLB.  Now I can safely say I was wrong.  Manny Acta is God-awful.  The no expression-never arguing calls-lazy-horrible decision making manager has managed to help spiral a once proud franchise into the dirt.  We've been on losing streaks of 5, 11, and now currently 6 in a row this year.  Just painful.  He needs to go.

So lets play a game.  Where do you think Acta will end up?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Question isnt where Acta will end up but who will replace him?  Then again Im not familiar with the coaching staff.

How about Ryno (Sandburg)?

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
I think Manny Acta is a good manager, but our front office is full of air-heads. 

I don't see how Nats fans think he's a bad manager. 

Offline Tribe Time

Question isnt where Acta will end up but who will replace him?  Then again Im not familiar with the coaching staff.

How about Ryno (Sandburg)?

Nah Sandburg won't come to Cleveland.  They could hire bench coach Sandy Alomar Jr. or Omar Vizquel  (who is retiring after the year) - who are beloved in Cleveland and would show more firepower and passion than the bum who roams the dugout right now...

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Pensacola Blue Wahoos, I hear Riggles is on the short list for the Houston job.

Offline Tribe Time

Good job.  You know how to quote others.  Yes I said that before.  However, I am allowed to have a change of heart.  Acta sucks.

Offline Tribe Time

Who are they a minor league affiliate of?

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Who are they a minor league affiliate of?

Cincinnati Reds.

Offline Obed_Marsh

That could work out perfectly if Riggleman could be snatched up by the Indians. ;)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
You were so missed, MDS.

Only thing that should snatch up Riggles is a bunch of space aliens.

I'll say Acta ends up in houston.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
You were so missed, MDS.

I'm logging back out but this guy was just too much of a bozo to not take to task.

Offline blue911

I say Acta ends up playing 5 gallon paint buckets down on half street

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Playing them?  I thought his head was one.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Good job.  You know how to quote others.  Yes I said that before.  However, I am allowed to have a change of heart.  Acta sucks.

Of course you are. I too had a change of heart during his managerial career, and a bigger one once I saw improvement after he was gone. In fact, I think a big part of the reason I defending Riggleman for a long while was because of how he looked compared to Acta. Oh, well -- we finally have a good manager here in DC.

But a mere three weeks ago you were defending him and chiding us for thinking he sucks, so if you start a thread like this you can expect to be questioned about it. :lol:

Offline NatMan

Nah Sandburg won't come to Cleveland.  They could hire bench coach Sandy Alomar Jr. or Omar Vizquel  (who is retiring after the year) - who are beloved in Cleveland and would show more firepower and passion than the bum who roams the dugout right now...

Thats actually funny.   Yea Manny needs to be  DE ACTAvated he is bad

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
I used to think Eric Wedge was the worst manager in the MLB.  Now I can safely say I was wrong.  Manny Acta is God-awful.  The no expression-never arguing calls-lazy-horrible decision making manager has managed to help spiral a once proud franchise into the dirt.  We've been on losing streaks of 5, 11, and now currently 6 in a row this year.  Just painful.  He needs to go.

Maybe a bench coach somewhere, or managing somewhere in the Carribean.

I don't see him getting another MLB job for a couple four years. He's going to need to go somewhere and have some success before he gets back on the MLB short list.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday

I told you so

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Playing them?  I thought his head was one.

[/thread]

Offline Tribe Time

I told you so

Yes you did.

And then on here, many people did.  I guess it was the "hope" he would bring "change" to the team.  LOL

See what I did there?

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Darling and Cohen said they'd heard that Riggleman was in line to manage Houston. Ron Darling: "Riggleman is a very good manager, but he left the Nats in a...um...an inappropriate manner. I really never thought he'd manage in the majors again."

Acta goes to Houston as bench coach for Riggleman. Randy St Clair leaves Miami to become Astros pitching coach, as Miami drops the contract of every employee who is not signed for next year. Marlins "Owner" says he will move the team to Savanah, GA, unless Dade County agrees to absorb part of the cost to upgrade the image of the Marlins: uniform and ballpark make-over, hire former Yankee and Dodger players to appear in photos and newly re-written history of the Florida Marlins. Don Mattingly and Kirk Gibson hired to tell stories of how they led the Marlins to their first-ever World Series championship in 1987.  Acta then hired to replace Ozzie Guillen as manager of the re-named Miami Florida Marlins

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Darling and Cohen said they'd heard that Riggleman was in line to manage Houston. Ron Darling: "Riggleman is a very good manager, but he left the Nats in a...um...an inappropriate manner. I really never thought he'd manage in the majors again."

Acta goes to Houston as bench coach for Riggleman. Randy St Clair leaves Miami to become Astros pitching coach, as Miami drops the contract of every employee who is not signed for next year. Marlins "Owner" says he will move the team to Savanah, GA, unless Dade County agrees to absorb part of the cost to upgrade the image of the Marlins: uniform and ballpark make-over, hire former Yankee and Dodger players to appear in photos and newly re-written history of the Florida Marlins. Don Mattingly and Kirk Gibson hired to tell stories of how they led the Marlins to their first-ever World Series championship in 1987.  Acta then hired to replace Ozzie Guillen as manager of the re-named Miami Florida Marlins

Little kid from Angels in the Outfield:  "It could happen!"  Lol