Author Topic: Five Doubledays named NYPL All-Stars  (Read 256 times)

Offline daggerrrrrr

• Future Beast in the NL East
Five Doubledays named NYPL All-Stars
« Topic Start: August 09, 2012, 01:42:28 PM »
http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120809&content_id=36403842&vkey=news_t458&fext=.jsp&sid=t458

Congrats to 1B Shawn Pleffner, SS Wes Schill, OF Estarlin Martinez, OF Wander Ramos, and DH Craig Manuel. Im loving this Martinez kid, he's going to be really good I think.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: Five Doubledays named NYPL All-Stars
« Reply #1: August 12, 2012, 08:53:53 AM »
Who are these people?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Five Doubledays named NYPL All-Stars
« Reply #2: August 12, 2012, 12:30:22 PM »
JMU was pretty high on Martinez this off season, and BA ranked him out 3d best 1st base prospect behind Moore and Marrero going into this year.
Agreed on Estarlin, I've been following him statistically for a while now.  Has a very good eye for a DR prospect and makes a lot of contact.  The power has been starting to develop and with him being only 19 you could probably expect to see some more over the next couple of seasons.  Over years past, most of the even semi-interesting products from the DR academy have been 21 or older, so its good to see promising names like Martinez (19), Wilmer Difo (19), and Ivan Pinyero (19) start to trickle up.  I wouldn't be surprised to see both Wander Ramos and Martinez start the year at Auburn next season.

Also agreed on Karns.  He seems like more of a project than other prospects at this point and advanced age for his level coupled with some injuries is holding his prospect status back.  He has a really good arm, though, and is definitely a candidate for massive improvement next year. 

As an aside, I could also see Jack McGeary finally putting it all together next year.  He has mostly struggled, but at times has shown flashes of brilliance and has one of the best curveballs in the system.  Command has always been his issue, maybe he gets in under "control" next season?
Also pretty prescient on Karns.