Author Topic: My Apologies...  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Tribe Time

• Long Live LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!
My Apologies...
« Topic Start: August 09, 2012, 11:20:11 AM »
When I first came on this board, I had every intention of discussing the Nats, who I am a fan of as well, and having a good baseball discussion.  Recently though, I will admit I went a bit over-board with some flaming on here...instead of discussing baseball, some of my posts went back and forth with other users that I got in disagreements.

After talking to a few other posters on here, and a few specifically (i'll keep the names off), we had a good discussion on the board as a whole.  I don't usually like to ignore people (I like to see all people's views), however, I agree that instead of getting in a flaming war between users and taking the topic off...well...topic, I'll just ignore the posters that I clash with and get back to the point at hand.

I also think the way I share my opinions could be, well, delivered better.  Instead of jumping out at people, i'll try and phrase it better.

I'm not asking for forgiveness, because I don't make people do things they don't have to if they don't desire to - however, I do want to get back and talk Nationals (and Tribe baseball).

Sound good?

- Tribe Time

Offline NatMan

Re: My Apologies...
« Reply #1: August 09, 2012, 11:30:47 AM »
Enjoy being a doormat as long as Manny is the manager.   :lol:

Offline Tribe Time

« Reply #2: August 09, 2012, 11:33:45 AM »
Enjoy being a doormat as long as Manny is the manager.   :lol:

With the way he's managing, hopefully it won't be for long.  He can take Chris Antonetti and Larry Dolan with him.  lol

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #3: August 09, 2012, 12:18:14 PM »
I remember the Nats being laughed at when we fired Manny.  I also remember a sportswriter calling us "clowns" and ranting on twitter about how Manny wasn't the problem and thats why the Nats would never win.

I wish I could remember which douchebag said that,.

Offline Tribe Time

« Reply #4: August 09, 2012, 12:25:34 PM »
I remember the Nats being laughed at when we fired Manny.  I also remember a sportswriter calling us "clowns" and ranting on twitter about how Manny wasn't the problem and thats why the Nats would never win.

You could always Google it...

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #5: August 09, 2012, 12:34:37 PM »

One of the ESPN guys I think.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #6: August 09, 2012, 12:42:46 PM »

it's funny, between acta and riggleman leaving, Rizzo and the front office was as a clown show, now Rizzo is treated like one of the best GMs in the game and we're a model franchise- it's funny what a little winning does

Offline Tribe Time

« Reply #7: August 09, 2012, 12:46:45 PM »
I thought it was Ken Rosenthal?

I remember wanting Antonetti as GM of the Nats back when Bowden went packing.  In retrospect, I'm glad it didn't happen.  Baseball writers kept praising Antonetti for his role in building up the Indians by being instrumental in the talent evaluation that led to their resurgence in '05-'07.  It appears as if that assessment was a bit off.  The Indians have become a real collection of misfit toys.  Guys like Jack Hanahan and Casey Kotchman should not be your primary corner infielders.  They were cast aside by the Mariners and A's, FFS.

You're probably not going to get a John Hart, but you have to be able to do better than Antonetti.  As for Dolan, I feel for you, but you're screwed seeing as how ownership in sports only changes hands once in a blue moon.  Maybe hope for a McCourt-style divorce?  :mg:

From what I've heard - there are rumors - the Indians are looking to sell (why they dumped Lowe, Damon, Lopez, Accardo...).   Lopez is a good infielder, and wouldn't mind seeing him back on the Nats, but either way...

I really hope a sale is in the future.  I miss Richard Jacobs, God rest his soul.  That guy cared.

Rizzo has always been great.  He's always been underrated.  He gets little to no credit, until recently for what he's done.  He's starting to get his due.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #8: August 09, 2012, 12:52:51 PM »
Stop hijacking threads and spamming with all the meladrama and everything will be fine. Spare me the crocodile tears and just talk about baseball. If there is not a preexisting topic create one, in the correct section with the correct label. Speaking of which, this doesn't seem to belong in the Out of Town Scoreboard.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #9: August 09, 2012, 01:31:50 PM »
Obed - I think I'm going to let this stay in the Clubhouse but split off the Indians management discussion and move it into the Sigh thread. Most of the posts that got to you and to others were on this board, so I'll let the posts go back and forth for a day or so before I move it.  If you go to the first post, you'll see Tribe Time really wants to talk about the Nats.  We kind of turned this more into a bit of an Indians discussion because of the Acta-related posts.  The main focus is on going forth and sinning no more, with a little bit of trust but verify. 

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #10: August 09, 2012, 01:40:46 PM »
Your call JCA but more off topic meladrama cluttering up the out of town scoreboard doesn't seem like progress to me.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11: August 09, 2012, 01:43:06 PM »
did a split that I think works.  I left most of the Acta discussion here.  It's all in the out-of-town scoreboard now.  Someone else moved it, either TT or another mod.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #12: August 09, 2012, 03:36:40 PM »
cool at least you admitted that 8)

welcome to the board.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #13: August 09, 2012, 08:39:15 PM »
Would Hargrove want to come back?  Are there any coaches waiting in the wings to replace Acta?

Offline Tribe Time

« Reply #14: August 09, 2012, 09:25:59 PM »
Would Hargrove want to come back?  Are there any coaches waiting in the wings to replace Acta?

I'd really like to see Sandy Alomar Jr. (current bench coach) or Omar Vizquel take over

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15: August 09, 2012, 09:30:52 PM »
'grover probably burned a lot of bridges when he walked out on Seattle during the year of Death to Flying Things.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #16: August 09, 2012, 10:13:31 PM »
Yeah but hes an advisor for the Indians now.