Author Topic: NCAA Football (2012-13 season)  (Read 30887 times)

Offline BerkeleyNat

NCAA Football (2012-13 season)
« Topic Start: August 06, 2012, 05:49:47 PM »
Terps unveiled new uniforms today. They are back to just two uniforms. I'm guessing the Maryland Pride uniforms will still be used as alternates. The black helmet and turtle shell helmet are gone. I like the new ones, but I would like to see a better view of the helmet.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: NCAA Football (2012-13 season)
« Reply #1: August 06, 2012, 06:32:45 PM »
I'm still going to watch and root for PSU and I'm sure I'll get flamed for it. The new coach is a class act and the kids that stay are honoring their commitments, classy move (the kids that got the hell out of town are 100% cool with me too, obviously a wise choice).

To hate on kids who are playing a game is pretty crappy.

I wonder how much TV exposure they will get this year (probably like the '09 Nats, it will only be when they play top teams).

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #2: August 06, 2012, 06:34:14 PM »
I'm still going to watch and root for PSU and I'm sure I'll get flamed for it. The new coach is a class act and the kids that stay are honoring their commitments, classy move (the kids that got the hell out of town are 100% cool with me too, obviously a wise choice).

I wonder how much TV exposure they will get this year (probably like the '09 Nats, it will only be when they play top teams).

They'll get a lot this year as people can't turn away from a train wreck (or what they think will be a train wreck).  I think after this year they'll fade into the background for a while.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #3: August 06, 2012, 06:34:29 PM »
Terps unveiled new uniforms today. They are back to just two uniforms. I'm guessing the Maryland Pride uniforms will still be used as alternates. The black helmet and turtle shell helmet are gone. I like the new ones, but I would like to see a better view of the helmet.

(Image removed from quote.)

Looks sweet. Would've liked to see them keep last year's helmets and uniforms; I liked the turtle shell helmets (but these are sweet).

I'm actually really excited for Maryland football. We won't be very good, but I feel like our program actually has a future these days.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #4: August 06, 2012, 06:35:46 PM »
They'll get a lot this year as people can't turn away from a train wreck (or what they think will be a train wreck).  I think after this year they'll fade into the background for a while.

They are going to be awful but I have watched Rice games before so I can handle it.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #5: August 06, 2012, 06:36:02 PM »

Why would anyone flame you? I have lots of friends who are fans of PSU and they are still pulling for the Nittany Lions. No one on the current team had anything to do with the Sandusky scandal.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #6: August 06, 2012, 06:36:13 PM »

They are going to be awful but I have watched Rice games before so I can handle it.

They could be ok this year.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #7: August 06, 2012, 06:36:41 PM »
Why would anyone flame you? I have lots of friends who are fans of PSU and they are still pulling for the Nittany Lions. No one on the current team had anything to do with the Sandusky scandal.

:thumbs:

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #8: August 06, 2012, 06:38:32 PM »
Looks sweet. Would've liked to see them keep last year's helmets and uniforms; I liked the turtle shell helmets (but these are sweet).

I'm actually really excited for Maryland football. We won't be very good, but I feel like our program actually has a future these days.

Definitely agree on those turtle shell helmets, but I wasn't as crazy about the black helmets.

Terps will be improved this year. I was really down on Edsall after last season, but he recruited pretty well. I see this team getting better and better.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #9: August 06, 2012, 06:42:33 PM »
Definitely agree on those turtle shell helmets, but I wasn't as crazy about the black helmets.

Terps will be improved this year. I was really down on Edsall after last season, but he recruited pretty well. I see this team getting better and better.

I think the program is going to bring in enough talent to win the ACC (thanks Locksley and Under Armour!), and we have players who want to be here. I'm not sold on Edsall yet, but I like him and his overall attitude. Hopefully it translates to some wins!

Going to try to go to homecoming as an alum for the first time this year.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #10: August 06, 2012, 07:14:01 PM »
I think the program is going to bring in enough talent to win the ACC (thanks Locksley and Under Armour!), and we have players who want to be here. I'm not sold on Edsall yet, but I like him and his overall attitude. Hopefully it translates to some wins!

Going to try to go to homecoming as an alum for the first time this year.

I was absolutely ready for Edsall to be gone after last season, but he kind of redeemed himself a bit in the offseason. He still needs to get some wins this year and get the program headed in the right direction. I can see anything from 5-7 to 7-5.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #11: August 07, 2012, 10:33:59 AM »
I thought the "oust Edsall' people were being very rash. I like him as a coach and the kids that couldn't handle discipline? Have fun at your new school. I see a lot of improvement coming with the Terps, maybe not exactly this year, but in the not too distant future. Locksely is really tearing it up recruting along with Edsall. The future looks pretty nice.

Offline blue911

« Reply #12: August 07, 2012, 12:46:36 PM »
I didn't want to oust Edsall. I wanted him drawn and quartered.

Offline Clever

« Reply #13: August 07, 2012, 01:19:04 PM »
 :lmao:
I didn't want to oust Edsall. I wanted him drawn and quartered.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #14: August 07, 2012, 01:20:07 PM »
As a UVA fan, I love Edsall.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #15: August 07, 2012, 01:27:09 PM »

False.  Maryland will have white and red uniforms (as seen above w/ names on back too) and they are bringing back the black and gold alternates (no names, but not sure if they ditched the gradient for the piping seen above) as well as the alternate pride unis. 

I've heard rumors that the team will have up to five different helmet options, but haven't confirmed it yet. 

As for the team itself, which is most important, they will be better than last year - duh - but I think they could be better than some people are giving them credit for.  And I mean that, not being a homer (and besides, I'm not even a big college football fan anyway). 

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #16: August 07, 2012, 10:24:44 PM »
False.  Maryland will have white and red uniforms (as seen above w/ names on back too) and they are bringing back the black and gold alternates (no names, but not sure if they ditched the gradient for the piping seen above) as well as the alternate pride unis. 

I've heard rumors that the team will have up to five different helmet options, but haven't confirmed it yet. 

As for the team itself, which is most important, they will be better than last year - duh - but I think they could be better than some people are giving them credit for.  And I mean that, not being a homer (and besides, I'm not even a big college football fan anyway). 

Wonder what the fifth helmet will be? I guess it's something that will be unveiled later on.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #17: August 07, 2012, 11:06:48 PM »
A little better view of the new helmets. The rumor is that this helmet is replacing the Maryland Pride helmet from last season.

Offline HerndonNat

• FSU Football
« Reply #18: August 08, 2012, 08:30:16 AM »
I'm actually missing an FSU game this year to go to a Nats game (Sep 22)!

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #19: August 08, 2012, 08:59:19 AM »

I want to have hope! But I'm a little more reserved. I'll definitely go to a few games, though, and cheer them on.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #20: August 08, 2012, 09:03:31 AM »
Maryland seems like it has a huge amount of potential with the under armor support and the recruiting area, but I wonder if the kind of kid who chooses a school based on cool uniforms is same kind of kid willing to play for a disciplinarian

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #21: August 08, 2012, 11:11:17 AM »
Maryland seems like it has a huge amount of potential with the under armor support and the recruiting area, but I wonder if the kind of kid who chooses a school based on cool uniforms is same kind of kid willing to play for a disciplinarian

I don't think kids are actually choosing schools based on uniforms. That'd be insane. Most of these recruits who are committing are committing because they want to turn the program into a premier national program (or so they say). Instead of going to somewhere like Penn State, WVU, or VT, and being another cog in the machine, they're coming here to be known as the guys who turned the program around.

The cool uniforms are just for attention but it definitely helps that recruits know they'll get tons of UA gear if they come here.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #22: August 08, 2012, 11:49:59 AM »
I don't think kids are actually choosing schools based on uniforms. That'd be insane. Most of these recruits who are committing are committing because they want to turn the program into a premier national program (or so they say). Instead of going to somewhere like Penn State, WVU, or VT, and being another cog in the machine, they're coming here to be known as the guys who turned the program around.

The cool uniforms are just for attention but it definitely helps that recruits know they'll get tons of UA gear if they come here.

Not to mention the fact that Edsall, Lockesly and company have been recrutiting pretty hardcore. They've got some really nice classes coming in this season and next already. Not to say they are FSU, LSU or Bama good, but really UMD good. I think there's hope, maybe not a lot for this season, but for the future. Having a disciplinarian vs a lax "let em do what they want" coach is a good thing. Maybe we'll start graduating kids at a better rate and/or at least have fewer discipline issues.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #23: August 08, 2012, 11:57:25 AM »
I'm actually missing an FSU game this year to go to a Nats game (Sep 22)!

I'm considering missing a Nebraska game to go to St. Louis on the weekend of 9/29. 

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #24: August 08, 2012, 12:07:59 PM »
Not to mention the fact that Edsall, Lockesly and company have been recrutiting pretty hardcore. They've got some really nice classes coming in this season and next already. Not to say they are FSU, LSU or Bama good, but really UMD good. I think there's hope, maybe not a lot for this season, but for the future. Having a disciplinarian vs a lax "let em do what they want" coach is a good thing. Maybe we'll start graduating kids at a better rate and/or at least have fewer discipline issues.
I don't buy recruiting class ranks- Charlie Weiss consistently had top ranked class, and his number one quarterbacks have had trouble holding on to third string jobs in the nfl.

as far as discilipine, does that really help a team win? great teams tend to still have their share of arrests