Author Topic: WaPo: "Let Teddy Win"  (Read 2140 times)

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Re: WaPo: "Let Teddy Win"
« Reply #1: August 05, 2012, 09:12:00 AM »
Never.  He can never win.

Charlie Brown can never kick the football and Teddy can never win the Presidents Race.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #2: August 05, 2012, 09:36:37 AM »
I'm with Werth on this one.

The part was well written.

Quote from: Paul Orzulak
What did our 26th president do to deserve this? After all, TR was the most athletic of our presidents. When cavalry officers complained about having to ride 25 miles a day for training, Roosevelt — at age 51 — jumped on his horse and rode 100 miles in one day to quiet them. He was a skilled boxer and a black belt in jujitsu. He kept a lion and a bear as pets at the White House. He not only survived an assassination attempt in 1912 but went on to deliver his speech — with the bullet still in him.

How does he keep losing to someone like Jefferson, whom history rarely recorded walking 100 yards, let alone running it?

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #3: August 05, 2012, 10:31:14 AM »
I want him to win the home opener after the team wins its first world series, and not before (execpt against the Os madscot)

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #4: August 05, 2012, 11:31:13 AM »
I'm with Werth on this one.

The part was well written.

That's why it makes no sense. Theodore Roosevelt was the #1 badass in all of American history.

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #5: August 05, 2012, 05:38:00 PM »
That's why it makes no sense. Theodore Roosevelt was the #1 badass in all of American history.

I agree, but he has to pay respect to his elders.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #6: August 05, 2012, 07:18:54 PM »
To this day I still insist he should have been allowed to win the RFK finale ultimo in 2007.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #7: August 05, 2012, 07:56:49 PM »
i thought people would forget about this once we started contending

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #8: August 05, 2012, 08:10:43 PM »
I disagree.  The end of RFK had absolutely no meaning of value to the Washington Nationals.  How about at the 1st game of the World Series ?

To this day I still insist he should have been allowed to win the RFK finale ultimo in 2007.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #9: August 05, 2012, 08:15:26 PM »
:shrug: I fail to see why it matters when this tired loser gag ends. Simply note losing is no longer considered funny or appropriate for current Washington Nationals seems like enough. Whoever came up with it deserves a junkpunch.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #10: August 05, 2012, 08:26:04 PM »
I want him to win the home opener after the team wins its first world series, and not before (execpt against the Os madscot)

I would be surprised if Teddy did not win at the Nats first home playoff game.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #11: August 06, 2012, 06:19:59 PM »
Let him win in Game 7 of the series against the Yankees.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #12: August 06, 2012, 10:01:33 PM »
against the Texas Rangers

Let him win in Game 7 of the series against the Yankees.

Offline Hogie

« Reply #13: August 07, 2012, 03:53:47 AM »
:shrug: I fail to see why it matters when this tired loser gag ends. Simply note losing is no longer considered funny or appropriate for current Washington Nationals seems like enough. Whoever came up with it deserves a junkpunch.

Actually it's been brilliant marketing. He should never win, ever. People who want him to win are completely missing the point.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #14: August 07, 2012, 06:42:30 AM »
:roll: :roll:

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #15: August 07, 2012, 07:40:49 AM »
Actually it's been brilliant marketing. He should never win, ever. People who want him to win are completely missing the point.
I'm missing the point? I got the point when he was losing, but I think the bit has gotten old.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #16: August 07, 2012, 07:45:53 AM »
I'm missing the point? I got the point when he was losing, but I think the bit has gotten old.

Did Charlie Brown ever kick the football?  No.  It works because of its remarkable consistency.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #17: August 07, 2012, 08:14:39 AM »
Did Charlie Brown ever kick the football?  No.  It works because of its remarkable consistency.

He did kick the football and taunted Lucy about it later in It's Magic, Charlie Brown. This ain't football and you might want to pay closer attention when you use cartoons as gospel. It would be a fitting gag for the Redskins, perhaps we should sell it to them.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #18: August 07, 2012, 10:30:49 AM »
He did kick the football and taunted Lucy about it later in It's Magic, Charlie Brown. This ain't football and you might want to pay closer attention when you use cartoons as gospel. It would be a fitting gag for the Redskins, perhaps we should sell it to them.

Easy now with the Redskins smack talk!!   :evil: :lol:

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #19: August 07, 2012, 02:01:48 PM »
The football is about 8 minutes into the second video. You also get to see the inside of Snoopy's doghouse.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #20: August 07, 2012, 02:10:50 PM »
The football is about 8 minutes into the second video. You also get to see the inside of Snoopy's doghouse.

this thread was worth it just for those links

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #21: August 07, 2012, 03:56:15 PM »

That was the C.B. "alternate universe" cartoon and none of it was real - only imagined. 

Your claim is still invalid.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #22: August 07, 2012, 04:12:22 PM »
That was the C.B. "alternate universe" cartoon and none of it was real - only imagined. 

I reject your rejection of the multiverse. It is all real. My point remains valid, you simply cannot see it from your reality tunnel.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #23: August 07, 2012, 09:26:32 PM »
I reject your rejection of the multiverse. It is all real. My point remains valid, you simply cannot see it from your reality tunnel.

It's not my fault that Reality Tunnel leads straight to Truth City...   :P

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #24: August 08, 2012, 12:01:35 AM »
It's not my fault that Reality Tunnel leads straight to Truth City...   :P

That light at the end of your reality tunnel is not truth but rather the ghost of Teddy Roosevelt who is going to whoop your ass for suggesting he was a loser. ;)