Author Topic: 2013 invoices are here - Red Carpet Rewards to continue?  (Read 6011 times)

Offline 114D

No 5% discount either unless you sign a 3 year commitment!

Offline rbw5t

I took the caveat that the Buy 2, Get 2 Free plan does not come with RCRs to mean that other season ticket purchases would be coming RCRs again this year.  Have we heard or seen anything to indicate that the program is not continuing?  (I can't imagine them not continuing to offer that.)

Offline Jordanz Meatballz

The language on Nats-related plans is so ambiguous.

Annoying as hell. They need to make a table.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
The language on Nats-related plans is so ambiguous.

Annoying as hell. They need to make a table.

I would bet they would have an RCR program, but the whole thing is designed so they can rachet the benefits up or down depending on demand.

Offline Obed_Marsh

Hey Tom or 114D, can we drop the Goodbye Red Carpet rewards part of the title? Seems like that is untrue or at least not known at this time.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Hey Tom or 114D, can we drop the Goodbye Red Carpet rewards part of the title? Seems like that is untrue or at least not known at this time.

Agreed.

Offline rbw5t

I would bet they would have an RCR program, but the whole thing is designed so they can rachet the benefits up or down depending on demand.

Yup, exactly.  AND, they don't finalize RCR details until just before the start of the season, so there is no way to know how valuable the program will be at the time they try to get you to sign up for your season ticket package.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Why not combine all the invoice threads into 1?

Anyone?  Anyone?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Interest free loans for the win.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
Yeah, RCR is dead and my ticket prices didn't go up!!!

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

not yet, pretty telling they're doing the "renew for two years now and no price increases".

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
RCR will be there again, for the Nationals realize they make money off concession stands AND the players enjoy larger crowds.

Offline HalfSmokes

not yet, pretty telling they're doing the "renew for two years now and no price increases".

Following cable and phone companies contract models- sounds like a good idea

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
I've posted this a couple of times in this forum but it bears repeating: if this year's attendance boom translates into a more-or-less parallel increase in the STH base, I really think they're going to start quietly phasing out some of these benefits - RCR, the Stars and Stripes club passes and the like (remember how quickly RCR passes to the Presidents and Diamond Club seats became fully subscribed - they closed off new orders about three weeks ago). The sheer number of STH we'll have next season, assuming there really is major growth in that base, will militate against such bennies...not enough to go around, really.

---

Finally took a look at the renewal rules for next season (they wouldn't load on my home computer last night) - good to see no price increase; prospects for my continuance in TBSITH look good.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Seems to me they're dangling post-season tickets as way to jump start their renewal drive. See below.

The good news is that STH can get a shot at playoff tickets with having to pay the entire strip (putting up money for all the games).  An entire strip for our group is $6,000 so we probably won't go that way.

Season Ticket Holder Renewals

Welcome Season Ticket Holders! 2012 has truly been a season to remember and the Nationals success is due in large part to you. We look forward to your continued support throughout the remainder of the 2012 season, 2012 postseason and into 2013.

2013 RENEWAL OFFERS:

NO PRICE CHANGE
The price for your 2013 season ticket plan will remain the same as your 2012 pricing when you renew your plan.

ADDITIONAL 2012 POSTSEASON TICKETS
All season ticket accounts that renew and place at least a 12.5% deposit or pay in full before August 31 will be eligible to purchase up to two (2) additional postseason strips for the 2012 Washington Nationals postseason (seating locations subject to availability). After August 31, we will assume you do not wish to purchase tickets and your seats will be sold. See 2012 POSTSEASON TICKET PRIORITY for details on 2012 postseason tickets.

$100 NatsBucks - 1-Year Commitment
Renew your 2012 season ticket plan for the 2013 season and receive $100 NatsBucks for the 2013 season. Offer expires September 15, 2012.
MULTI-YEAR INCENTIVES:

5% DISCOUNT - 3 Year Commitment
Lock in your 2012 season ticket plan price for 2013, 2014 and 2015 with a three year season ticket plan commitment, plus receive a 5% discount on your 2013 plan price. Offer expires September 15, 2012.

PRICE LOCK - 2 Year Commitment
Lock in your 2012 season ticket plan price for 2013 and 2014 with a two-year season ticket plan commitment. Offer expires September 15, 2012.

2012 POSTSEASON TICKETS:
2012 postseason tickets are only available to Season Ticket Holders in strips.
For all Season Ticket Holders who do not wish to purchase the full 2012 postseason strip, there will be an exclusive single game presale for all accounts that have renewed their season tickets for the 2013 season prior to August 31, 2012. All tickets are subject to availability.

If you purchase 2012 postseason tickets through your current status as a Season Ticket Holder, but choose not to renew your current season tickets, you do not qualify to purchase any additional 2012 postseason tickets. If the Nationals determine that you have not renewed your current season tickets, but have purchased 2012 postseason tickets, the Nationals reserve the right to cancel the 2012 postseason tickets purchased through this offer immediately and/or prohibit you from purchasing postseason tickets in 2013 or any future seasons.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
My initial reaction was that the postseason package costs about 40% of the regular season renewal (I have the 41 game package), so I kind of view it as maybe an early down payment on next year, at worst.  That money is coming out of my group.  For those who have 81 game packages, it is probably only  about 20% of your cost.  Essentially, if you want the early renewal benefit, then you put up 1/3 of the cost of your seats by the end of the month.

Offline Baseball is Life

My initial reaction was that the postseason package costs about 40% of the regular season renewal (I have the 41 game package), so I kind of view it as maybe an early down payment on next year, at worst.  That money is coming out of my group.  For those who have 81 game packages, it is probably only  about 20% of your cost.  Essentially, if you want the early renewal benefit, then you put up 1/3 of the cost of your seats by the end of the month.

We have an 81 game group and the post season package is 42% of our plan. One of the drawback to having a large group is that complicated concepts like you described above are impossible to convey.

And just getting people to put up that kind of money on less than a month's notice is difficult. It is for my group, anyway.

Offline Obed_Marsh

One of the drawback to having a large group is that complicated concepts like you described above are impossible to convey.

It must be hard for you when everything seems so difficult.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
It must be hard for you when everything seems so difficult.

:lmao:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I'm surprised it is that high a percentage because we are offered the same number of games for the playoffs.  IIRC, it was about $3300 for the 4 club seats for the playoffs v. a $8K~ for the 41 game package.  I would have figured it's be the same for the playoffs and roughly double for the season if i had an 81 game package.

Offline Baseball is Life

I'm surprised it is that high a percentage because we are offered the same number of games for the playoffs.  IIRC, it was about $3300 for the 4 club seats for the playoffs v. a $8K~ for the 41 game package.  I would have figured it's be the same for the playoffs and roughly double for the season if i had an 81 game package.

I'm including the WS tickets because you have to commit to those too. It's $3K for playoffs, $3K for WS. Our tickets are $14K+.

I've gotten a couple of emails back from my group already and we are probably going to take our chances with the pre-sale. Without knowing how that will work, I'm hoping we can buy tickets for the exact games we want instead of being saddled with the whole package.

Offline HalfSmokes

I'm wondering if they'll end up rolling un-used playoff tickets (assuming we don't have a playoff, 5 games then 7 games and we make the series) into a partial payment of WS tickets instead of a down payment on season tickets next year

Offline RobDibblesGhost

I'm wondering if they'll end up rolling un-used playoff tickets (assuming we don't have a playoff, 5 games then 7 games and we make the series) into a partial payment of WS tickets instead of a down payment on season tickets next year

I read that they will charge the WS tickets to the holder's credit card on October 10.  They won't know much by that point, as the Division Series won't have even concluded.

Offline Baseball is Life

I read that they will charge the WS tickets to the holder's credit card on October 10.  They won't know much by that point, as the Division Series won't have even concluded.

Yes, they are charging the WS tickets at a later time. But you still have to commit to the whole deal.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Yes, they are charging the WS tickets at a later time. But you still have to commit to the whole deal.

In that case I think I'll be waiting for the single ticket sale date.