Author Topic: Stop - New Usher Policy  (Read 6416 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Re: Stop - New Usher Policy
« Reply #100: July 23, 2012, 03:58:58 PM »
I'm all for educating via video but we all know some people don't give a crap. They're all about themselves.

Whatever they do, it just won't work unless it's about getting up or going down between innings. As many people on here have said, if you start between ABs, there's just not enough time to get to your seats.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #101: July 23, 2012, 04:02:24 PM »
Honestly? If someone gets up and moves smartly towards the exits or smartly back to their seat between ABs, and doesn't get up and down every goddamn inning, I'm okay with it.

If you are one of those get-up-every-at-bat types, stay behind the section until your legs get tired and you want to sit for a few innings.

I'm all for educating via video but we all know some people don't give a crap. They're all about themselves.

Whatever they do, it just won't work unless it's about getting up or going down between innings. As many people on here have said, if you start between ABs, there's just not enough time to get to your seats.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #102: July 23, 2012, 04:12:17 PM »

While people may not give a crap, you should still create the video. That'll cut down the number of unaware folks making it at least better.

Honestly? If someone gets up and moves smartly towards the exits or smartly back to their seat between ABs, and doesn't get up and down every goddamn inning, I'm okay with it.

If you are one of those get-up-every-at-bat types, stay behind the section until your legs get tired and you want to sit for a few innings.

Like I said earlier, I don't mind people getting up and sitting down. I'm in my seat and that's all I care about. There has been people that get up during the 3rd because they need to use the restroom, but that seems to be the only time they get up, or other examples like that.

With all of this negativity towards people interrupting your view, it seems like next thing to come into discussion is whether we should have vendors come down each section since they interrupt people's view and require people to stand up and sit down.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #103: July 23, 2012, 04:34:22 PM »

I'd rather the Nats play that video every half inning (or until people are blleding through their eyeballs) than have to sit through Clint and the "Flippin'" Pizza toss or whatever fan garbage they are running....

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #104: July 23, 2012, 04:45:24 PM »
I'd rather the Nats play that video every half inning (or until people are blleding through their eyeballs) than have to sit through Clint and the "Flippin'" Pizza toss or whatever fan garbage they are running....

You do realize that it would certainly be Clint presenting the guidance on when to leave and return to your seat? Maybe they can give a prize to a fan displaying proper etiquette.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #105: July 23, 2012, 05:28:20 PM »

The video sounds nice and all, but reminding people they have to stand in line to get back to their seats (after standing in line for food) may discourage them from getting up in the first place (which is exactly what the team doesn't want)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #106: July 23, 2012, 05:29:54 PM »
The video sounds nice and all, but reminding people they have to stand in line to get back to their seats (after standing in line for food) may discourage them from getting up in the first place (which is exactly what the team doesn't want)

Instead of that, just mention to be courteous to others and not get up as much as possible... but in a nicer way.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #107: July 23, 2012, 05:37:24 PM »
My preference would be to issue each Nationals fan wearing an official MLB home jersey a Red Ryder BB Gun and retrofit the seats to accommodate a holster. A well-armed populace is a polite populace.

This also has crossover opportunities for Nationals themed safety glasses, public campaigns to increase awareness around BB gun related violence, and most importantly a final opportunity to name our corporate sponsor for Red Ryder Park.  During a excessively hot series, they can be replaced with squirt guns and water refill tanks. 

Red Ryder: The official BB Gun of the Washington Nationals.

I figure the chances aren't that much slimmer than the idea of the education campaign.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #108: July 23, 2012, 05:50:12 PM »

No, no, no. You wouldn't tell them they have to stand in line to get back to their seats. You simply say something along the lines "please vacate and return to your seats after the third out so as to not disturb your fellow fans" or something like that. They will have to do their part when getting up and the ushers will explain this difficult concept when they return. :roll:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #109: July 23, 2012, 06:55:53 PM »
You do realize that it would certainly be Clint presenting the guidance on when to leave and return to your seat? Maybe they can give a prize to a fan displaying proper etiquette.

Can it be a one hour personal training session with Clint?

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #110: July 23, 2012, 07:24:43 PM »
Spending an hour on the tower of power?

Can it be a one hour personal training session with Clint?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #111: July 23, 2012, 07:26:50 PM »
My preference would be to issue each Nationals fan wearing an official MLB home jersey a Red Ryder BB Gun and retrofit the seats to accommodate a holster. A well-armed populace is a polite populace.

This also has crossover opportunities for Nationals themed safety glasses, public campaigns to increase awareness around BB gun related violence, and most importantly a final opportunity to name our corporate sponsor for Red Ryder Park.  During a excessively hot series, they can be replaced with squirt guns and water refill tanks. 

Red Ryder: The official BB Gun of the Washington Nationals.

I figure the chances aren't that much slimmer than the idea of the education campaign.

(Image removed from quote.)

...   but it might put your eye out.    There'll be some ass who won't wear goggles.

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
« Reply #112: July 23, 2012, 07:54:20 PM »
Is it really that much of a hindrance to you all?

Be totally honest and dont lie...how many amazing jaw dropping plays have you been obstructed from seeing from someone getting up and blocking your view?

It bothers me ( happened to me on friday night where some old farts blocked my line of view to the catcher during an important play)...i got mad for about 15 seconds and then proceeded to watch the game. And if I recall it was a huge part of the game too.

But it didn't end up affecting me in the long run.

Its annoying yes and I wait til the middle of the innings yes...but I can understand if people have to use the restrooms.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #113: July 23, 2012, 08:03:34 PM »
Minor annoyances, whatever, but when it's the same kid getting up to get food multiple times in the same inning, the whole family shuffling down and stopping right in front of you to to ask grandma what she wants while standing on your feet/bag/knocking over your drinks and food, or the alcoholic that continually has you shuffling beers to him (especially when you cant touch alcohol) it gets beyond annoying.

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
« Reply #114: July 23, 2012, 08:08:30 PM »
Minor annoyances, whatever, but when it's the same kid getting up to get food multiple times in the same inning, the whole family shuffling down and stopping right in front of you to to ask grandma what she wants while standing on your feet/bag/knocking over your drinks and food, or the alcoholic that continually has you shuffling beers to him (especially when you cant touch alcohol) it gets beyond annoying.

never had that happen to me...and i always sit in cheap seats where the real "dregs" and "lowlifes" sit.

I have sat around many places in the park too so  it must be your section or something.

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
« Reply #115: July 23, 2012, 08:08:44 PM »
Is it really that much of a hindrance to you all?

Yes, sit in section 106 sometime above where the aisle makes the jog away from the foul pole.  People constantly blocking the view in the aisle during play, stopping and talking, standing by a vendor, etc.  Glad it wasn't my regular seat. 

I think this will subside with time, but right now it seams like most folks are not really fans there to watch the game, just going for the "experience"....we'll see!

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #116: July 23, 2012, 08:10:10 PM »

Really? How often does this happen? I call bs.

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
« Reply #117: July 23, 2012, 08:19:09 PM »
But I'd rather sit on the aisle with a bunch of yuppies or fat Philly fans standing in front of me on every other pitch than watch another g.. d... political ad during a game!  A pox on both their houses!!  :evil:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #118: July 23, 2012, 08:22:55 PM »
never had that happen to me...and i always sit in cheap seats where the real "dregs" and "lowlifes" sit.

I have sat around many places in the park too so  it must be your section or something.

It's usually on Sundays and holidays when the families with the SUV stroller, diaper bag, mobile entertainment unit, and grandma, grandpa and Uncle Joe are all in tow and in need of food, bathrooms, and phone calls.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #119: July 23, 2012, 08:24:04 PM »

Not that often but when it does it's really annoying. The beer thing is really annoying but that's a story for another time.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #120: July 23, 2012, 08:26:44 PM »

Stay home and embed yourself in some role playing games.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #121: July 23, 2012, 08:34:45 PM »
Stay home and embed yourself in some role playing games.

And miss out on the opportunity of sharting in your face?  No thanks.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #122: July 23, 2012, 08:53:29 PM »
Happens to me all the time. Same damn two people up and down up and down up and down...

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #123: July 23, 2012, 09:02:47 PM »

Considering half innings, pitching changes, time being called, visits to the mound, etc. there is more than adequate amounts of time to go and do something else. The difference is the wanker who gets up during play is blocking the view of many others and fails to understand the basics of public behavior. They make rules because people are too boorish to practice basic etiquette. Make all the excuses you want but a wanker is still a wanker.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #124: July 23, 2012, 09:39:33 PM »
Can't we all just get along?