Author Topic: Heartwarming Story...  (Read 230 times)

Offline BCH89

Heartwarming Story...
« Topic Start: July 13, 2012, 09:59:15 AM »
Hey everyone! I'm not sure if this belongs here, if not mods please feel free to move it to the appropriate forum.

I know I haven't posted much on here but I would appreciate it if you guys would take the time and read about someone I know who has lost their life way too early. Before you think I am just posting to receive money, please know that is NOT what I am asking. I would just like you to take the time to read about this wonderful guy I have had the pleasure of talking to over the past few years. His story can be found at www.aaroncollins.org

Here's the first post that was written by his brother...

Quote from:
"Aaron was the type of person that took great joy in unexpected kindness. Once after receiving exceptionally bad service at dinner, from a rude waitress, he left her a $50 tip. Things like this, given or received, were what he thought left a mark on a person’s life.
Aaron passed away July 7, 2012 just 3 weeks after his 30th birthday. He left us a will full of his personality. He asked that any debt he owed his parents be repaid should he have money in the bank at his death, but also had the following request:

“Third, leave an awesome tip (and I don’t mean 25%. I mean $500 on a pizza) for a waiter or waitress.”

Of course, the way he lived his life meant Aaron never had much and didn’t leave much. We want to make his wish come true. So we are asking for donations to make this happen for him. Any money donated will go directly to this cause. His hope was clearly that such a random gift of kindness would leave an impact for life.

Once we have $500 his family will go to dinner somewhere and leave it as a gift for the waiter or waitress. If we continue to receive money, we will continue giving these gifts randomly, so that in his death he can touch the lives of many more people than he had even dreamed of doing in life.

If you can’t donate then please give a generous tip on your own. Tell the waiter or waitress why, or don’t. He would still be happy that you had done it. Give them this website address if you’d like, or write it on the check, so they know they received the gift because of my brother."

Again I am NOT asking for donations but rather asking you take the time to read about this young man who was taken too early.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read about this generous young man.