Author Topic: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 2  (Read 12869 times)

Offline Coladar

Re: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 2
« Reply #250: July 07, 2012, 09:10:57 PM »
he's hilarious.  so much natitude.

you don't like him b/c he was probably heckling flores :lmao:

No, for once I agree with SF. He was annoying as crap and would not shut up. When I'm watching the game on TV for freaks sake, and can't pay attention because of someone screaming nonstop, they need to be told to shut the hell up.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #251: July 07, 2012, 09:14:26 PM »
He was heckling the Rockies, but how would you feel if he was heckling Weiters, or Adam Jones?

he's hilarious.  so much natitude.

you don't like him b/c he was probably heckling flores :lmao:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #252: July 07, 2012, 09:29:43 PM »
I watched the game with the sound off so I'm playing back the 9th now to hear the heckler, awesome stuff, I want to buy that dude a ticket for the next Philly game.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #253: July 07, 2012, 09:30:35 PM »
I watched the game with the sound off so I'm playing back the 9th now to hear the heckler, awesome stuff, I want to buy that dude a ticket for the next Philly game.

Hope he sits with you.   I can't imagine sittin' there, enjoying a cold one, watching the game and listening to his crap.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #254: July 07, 2012, 09:31:13 PM »
You know, I think he's a complete jerk, but I'd take part in a collection for him for a Phillies game.

I guess that's situational ethics. But I'm in. :D

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #255: July 07, 2012, 09:32:47 PM »
Have you been there for a Phillies game? I'm not sure how to enjoy it. Phillies fans shout that crap all game long.

They cheer injuries. It's a terrible experience.

Hope he sits with you.   I can't imagine sittin' there, enjoying a cold one, watching the game and listening to his crap.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #256: July 07, 2012, 09:34:50 PM »
Here's the hecker's Twitter account: https://twitter.com/slimceeva

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #257: July 07, 2012, 09:47:35 PM »

I could have sworn that was Robin Ficker, now we have another one. In addition to be ing annoying, he was a freakin jinx. 

Offline Kentucky_National

• BANG ZOOM
    • My Twitter
« Reply #258: July 07, 2012, 09:59:24 PM »
you're a top and upcoming prospect.  showed good stuff out there today. 

i haven't held my own this year.  not injury, just battling inconsistency.  i'm going to get back on track tomorrow, building off your start.

Lol glad I could make a spot start! Hopefully a spot in the rotation can come soon!

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #259: July 07, 2012, 10:02:07 PM »

Dude seems cool enough. At least he's not dressing up in sequins or cartoon characters.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #260: July 07, 2012, 11:15:38 PM »
Dude seems cool enough. At least he's not dressing up in sequins or cartoon characters.

Yeah, but he's still being a douche. If we are losing? Maybe. If its against the Phillies? Go for it.

But prolly the biggest reason it pissed me off is the day he did it. Hottest freaking day of the year, those guys are dying out there playing a game for his entertainment. And he wants to scream at them nonstop? Why doesn't he get off his ass and play baseball for three hours in 150 heat. Wrong time, wrong place, wrong game, wrong opponent. He was just being an jerk.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #261: July 07, 2012, 11:17:34 PM »
He was heckling the Rockies, but how would you feel if he was heckling Weiters, or Adam Jones?

i know he was heckling the rockies.  i was just ribbing on Flores b/c he's been awful the last two games.

and i'd expect nats fans to give crap to wieters/jones. 

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #262: July 07, 2012, 11:19:23 PM »
the heckler seems like a true, genuine nats fan.  the EY jr heckling was hilarious. 

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #263: July 07, 2012, 11:55:18 PM »
the heckler seems like a true, genuine nats fan.  the EY jr heckling was hilarious. 

It was pretty funny. I don't mind heckling at games but it can get sorta annoying on TV... but then again it is sorta better than Bob ranting about whatever.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #264: July 08, 2012, 07:20:09 AM »
Yeah, but he's still being a douche. If we are losing? Maybe. If its against the Phillies? Go for it.

But prolly the biggest reason it pissed me off is the day he did it. Hottest freaking day of the year, those guys are dying out there playing a game for his entertainment. And he wants to scream at them nonstop?

As I've said before - for what these guys are getting paid you could put me in a stockade and throw all the insults and tomatoes you can find. He paid his dime, it's his time to complain. Just as long as he doesn't do it in sequins or dressed as a cartoon character.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #265: July 08, 2012, 07:30:48 AM »
Comparative dates on which the Nationals notched their 49th win, each season:

2005 - 2nd July (80th match of season)
2012 - 7th July (82nd match)
2011 - 22nd July (99th match)
2007 - 3rd August (109th match)
2006 - 4th August (109th match)
2010 - 6th August (110th match)
2008 - 28th August (134th match)
2009 - 11th September (141st match)

---

THIS DAY WITH THE '05 OVERACHIEVERS: Thursday 7th July 2005 saw the Nats lose in 11 innings to the Mets, 3-2, on a Mike Piazza RBI - Nats lost this home series 3-1, and thus began the unravelling of the '05 Overachievers...record now 41-34...http://espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=250707120.

(Further interesting bit about that series - All four matches of the series - Fourth of July, Tuesday and Wednesday nights and Thursday afternoon - drew 35,000 or better. It's easy nowadays to forget that back in those days it was the Mets (and Cubs), not the Phillies, that brought the big opposition crowds...the Phillies invasions didn't really start till they won the Series in '08.)

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #266: July 08, 2012, 07:40:19 AM »
A lot more people than I expected at the park today, although I'd bet that they had 10K in no-shows.

Lot of no-shows (I was surprised we were still over 25k) - none of my regular seat-mates turned up and there were lots of other empty seats in the TBSITH neighbourhood - somewhat odd, because TBSITH is under shade from 14.30 and, although it certainly was massively hot in sun-exposed areas round the ballpark, once in my seat it really wasn't any more oppressive out than it was Thursday.

StubHub had over 4000 tickets available as of mid-morning yesterday, many going for less than a dollar, and I'll have to admit I was rather on the fence about going myself - but I bore in mind, as stated above, that TBSITH is under shade after 14.30 and so, with that knowledge, I went - and I'm glad I did.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #267: July 08, 2012, 08:50:05 AM »
Have you been there for a Phillies game? I'm not sure how to enjoy it. Phillies fans shout that crap all game long.

They cheer injuries. It's a terrible experience.

I've told the story a few times but in essence my buddy and I had no problem with the Phillies' fans.   The best way to silence them is to pulverize their asses into silence.   10-2 does nicely.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #268: July 08, 2012, 08:50:37 AM »
I could have sworn that was Robin Ficker, now we have another one. In addition to be ing annoying, he was a freakin jinx. 

Sure didn't look like Robin Ficker.    :P

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #269: July 08, 2012, 09:23:55 AM »
Sure didn't look like Robin Ficker.    :P

He wasn't holding up a life sized Pervis Ellison poster?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #270: July 08, 2012, 09:29:01 AM »
StubHub had over 4000 tickets available as of mid-morning yesterday...

Almost 3,000 available today, with hundreds under a $1 (before service charges), great seats behind the dugouts available for $15 each (plus charges), if I didn't already have tickets I'd buy the ones in the Diamond Club going for half the regular price.  Get a spot by the window in the AC and enjoy the food buffet and drinks included.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #271: July 08, 2012, 09:34:57 AM »
He wasn't holding up a life sized Pervis Ellison poster?

I'll let Ficker slide on that one.   I've been a Louisville fan since Unseld.   :P

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #272: July 08, 2012, 10:07:33 AM »
Almost 3,000 available today, with hundreds under a $1 (before service charges), great seats behind the dugouts available for $15 each (plus charges), if I didn't already have tickets I'd buy the ones in the Diamond Club going for half the regular price.  Get a spot by the window in the AC and enjoy the food buffet and drinks included.

$15? Quite a reduction indeed - they were going in the $30 range yesterday.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #273: July 08, 2012, 10:08:56 AM »
Question:   Watchin' the hi-lights on MLB TV.    I noticed Morse appeared to smack (congratulate) Harper's hand before he touched home while the ball was in play.   Is that legal?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #274: July 08, 2012, 10:12:35 AM »
Question:   Watchin' the hi-lights on MLB TV.    I noticed Morse appeared to smack (congratulate) Harper's hand before he touched home while the ball was in play.   Is that legal?

I've wondered that too.  On walk-off home runs there are often a group of players from the dugout already crowding on the field and coming into contact with the runner before he crosses home plate.