Author Topic: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 1  (Read 15759 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Nationals vs Rockies, Game 1
« Topic Start: July 06, 2012, 01:53:07 PM »
Friday, July 6 | 7:05 pm
MASN HD | 1500 AM/106.7 FM

Nationals Park (41,506)

Colorado Rockies
31-51 (5th/NL West)

CF Fowler
2B Scutaro
LF Gonzalez
RF Cuddyer
1B Colvin
3B Pacheco
C Nieves
SS Herrera

SP Pomeranz (0-3, 3.72)

:w: ashington Nationals
48-32 (1st/NL East | 1st/NL)

2B Espinosa
CF Harper
3B Zimmerman
RF Morse
1B LaRoche
SS Desmond
LF Moore
C Flores

SP Strasburg (9-3, 2.81)

STRASBURG WILL BURN THE ROX TONIGHT

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals vs Rockies, Game 1
« Reply #1: July 06, 2012, 02:39:33 PM »
Linty, what can you tell us about Pomeranz? Nats have a good chance of scoring 5+ tonight?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #2: July 06, 2012, 02:45:23 PM »
Low to mid 90's fastball, curve and change.

Great minor league numbers... so-so pro stats, mainly due to lack of control.

It was a bad idea for the Indians to trade him.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
« Reply #4: July 06, 2012, 03:06:21 PM »
@NationalsPR: #Nationals lineup vs. Colorado - Espinosa 4, Harper 8, Zimmerman 5, Morse 9, LaRoche 3, Desmond 6, Moore 7, Flores 2, Strasburg 1

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #5: July 06, 2012, 04:06:57 PM »
I am going to listen to this one on the radio while sipping Makers Mark on the back patio.  It's been a crap week at work and I need to chillax and listen to some C&D.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #6: July 06, 2012, 04:07:58 PM »
line-ups updated. 

i always get the rockies road uni combo wrong (they have a ton anyway), so please if you're heading to the game or see it on one of the pregame shows, let me know what hat/jersey combo.  thanks.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #7: July 06, 2012, 04:11:14 PM »
I am going to listen to this one on the radio while sipping Makers Mark on the back patio.  It's been a crap week at work and I need to chillax and listen to some C&D.

That sounds like a wonderful idea however it's about 98F here and I imagine if I drank more than a shot I'd be blasted out of my mind. The week of and week after my surgery was probably the best weather we've had all summer. Either way, I'll be on the couch downstairs watching the game in HD on my 65" tv. I just wish I could get C&D up here.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #8: July 06, 2012, 04:28:57 PM »
I am going to listen to this one on the radio while sipping Makers Mark on the back patio. 

You obviously ain't in the DC area.   :P

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #9: July 06, 2012, 04:30:42 PM »
We must CRUSH these scumbags from Colorado like the cockroaches they are.  Anything less than a punishing assthrashing will be considered a failure and will result in Thanos being angry with you.  DO WHAT YOU MUST DO NASTY NATS BUT DO NOT FAIL!!!!!

:whip: :whip: :whip:

DESMOND 4 MVP.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #10: July 06, 2012, 04:34:31 PM »
:whip: :whip: :whip:

DESMOND 4 MVP.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #11: July 06, 2012, 04:36:41 PM »

I'm gonna miss this one. But on the other hand, I'm gonna be watching the Astros and cooking chorizo tacos and my friend's coming over promising to take care of this minifridge that my parents left 21 Shiner Bocks in because they think Shiner is good. And since she's fresh from England we're gonna reminisce about how England rocks. And eat Lion bars.

"This thick candy bar had crisp wafers in the middle, with Rice Krispies above and around the wafer. The innards of Rice Krispies and wafer were held together by caramel, and then the whole thing was coated in chocolate."

I am pairing this with Rahr and Sons Ugly Pug.

"Ugly Pug is a schwarzbier, or black lager. Unlike most dark beers that are often described as “heavy” or “chewy”, Rahr’s Ugly Pug has a surprisingly light body. Reviewers have been vocal about how happy they are to have a dark beer that’s easy to drink on even the hottest Texas summer days."

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #12: July 06, 2012, 04:40:12 PM »
dude lion bars sound awesome. 

i'm sure we can cook up a GDT with each player being a type of candy bar or some kind of snack.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #13: July 06, 2012, 04:42:22 PM »
I'm gonna miss this one. But on the other hand, I'm gonna be watching the Astros and cooking chorizo tacos and my friend's coming over promising to take care of this minifridge that my parents left 21 Shiner Bocks in because they think Shiner is good. And since she's fresh from England we're gonna reminisce about how England rocks. And eat Lion bars.

(Image removed from quote.)

"This thick candy bar had crisp wafers in the middle, with Rice Krispies above and around the wafer. The innards of Rice Krispies and wafer were held together by caramel, and then the whole thing was coated in chocolate."

I am pairing this with Rahr and Sons Ugly Pug.

(Image removed from quote.)

"Ugly Pug is a schwarzbier, or black lager. Unlike most dark beers that are often described as “heavy” or “chewy”, Rahr’s Ugly Pug has a surprisingly light body. Reviewers have been vocal about how happy they are to have a dark beer that’s easy to drink on even the hottest Texas summer days."

Your fiance is cool with this plan?

Offline aussienatsfan

« Reply #14: July 06, 2012, 04:51:34 PM »
It's the weekend here now so I could watch live, but I am off to play golf with my dad, I should get back for the late innings.

Go nats, I'm excited after that last series

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #15: July 06, 2012, 04:55:45 PM »
Your fiancee is cool with this plan?

Yes. Long story. Uh, loooooong story. Also N.B. fiance = guy, fiancee = girl

dude lion bars sound awesome. 

i'm sure we can cook up a GDT with each player being a type of candy bar or some kind of snack.

Lion bars amazing. Imagine a gigantic Twix on top of a Milky Way on top of a Nestle Crunch.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #16: July 06, 2012, 05:01:07 PM »
Lion bars amazing. Imagine a gigantic Twix on top of a Milky Way on top of a Nestle Crunch.

dude holy crap i want one. 

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #17: July 06, 2012, 05:05:19 PM »
dude holy crap i want one. 

Check like import stores and stuff. I got mine at an Arab grocery that for some reason has a giant shelf of European candy. It's made in England but they also have them in countries like Germany and Poland if that helps you ID a grocery that might carry it.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #18: July 06, 2012, 05:06:26 PM »
Will be in the cool, climate-controlled Phone Booth tonight to catch the Mystics vs San Antonio Silver Stars (tough opponent who've won five in a row)*...if the transit works properly I may make it home in time to catch the final innings of what will hopefully be a Nats win (and after that thefre's more - will the Orioles blow another lead to the Angels like last night?). Has the potential for a proper sports evening, I'd say

*will, however, be in TBSITH Saturday and Sunday though

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #19: July 06, 2012, 05:11:51 PM »
How you feelin', boss?
That sounds like a wonderful idea however it's about 98F here and I imagine if I drank more than a shot I'd be blasted out of my mind. The week of and week after my surgery was probably the best weather we've had all summer. Either way, I'll be on the couch downstairs watching the game in HD on my 65" tv. I just wish I could get C&D up here.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #20: July 06, 2012, 06:18:21 PM »
Interesting item I heard on the radio today, if the Nats make the playoffs the games will be broadcast on 980, unless the Skins are playing at the same time, in which case the Nats will be on 570.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #21: July 06, 2012, 06:56:42 PM »
KA, etc.

Offline Fan037

« Reply #22: July 06, 2012, 07:02:21 PM »
I'm still wound up over last night's game.  Ready to take on the Rockies!  Strasburg was given an infusion to be ready for tonight.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #23: July 06, 2012, 07:06:58 PM »
You obviously ain't in the DC area.   :P

Currently it's 89* and humid.  I don't care.  The Makers Mark makes everything o.k.   8)

Offline mitlen

« Reply #24: July 06, 2012, 07:07:42 PM »
Jim "safe" Joyce's crew.