Author Topic: Nats and the 2012 Non-Waiver Trade deadline watch  (Read 89916 times)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Yep Stanton would be amazing

Lulz at the "package" needed to land him

Good grief

When is he off the DL by the way?

Offline BigMeech

An outfield of Stanton-Harper-Werth  :minigunz: :minigunz: :minigunz: :minigunz: :minigunz:

EDIT- I don't see why we would be hesitant about trading Rendon.  If Zimmerman, Desmond, and Espinosa stay healthy then I really don't think he sees the field, not to mention his injury history.  If the Marlins think highly of him, package him into a deal for STANTON.

One can dream :(

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Regardless if Ichiro isn't Ichiro... to see him traded is still a shock!

Offline BigMeech

Yeah, I was shocked to see it as well.  Thought he would spend his whole career in Seattle but crap happens, I guess.

Offline Obed_Marsh

An outfield of Stanton-Harper-Werth  :minigunz: :minigunz: :minigunz: :minigunz: :minimums:

The day that happens MDS, Hoagie, and BiL will be announced as our new moderator overlords.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
they can have everyone on our high a roster for him.

They can have anyone not named Harper

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause

Yes it is

Damn if the Yankeees don't love their aging, declining stars ...

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
An outfield of Stanton-Harper-Werth  :minigunz: :minigunz: :minigunz: :minigunz: :minigunz:

EDIT- I don't see why we would be hesitant about trading Rendon.  If Zimmerman, Desmond, and Espinosa stay healthy then I really don't think he sees the field, not to mention his injury history.  If the Marlins think highly of him, package him into a deal for STANTON.

One can dream :(

Trading Rendon now is selling low. If he gets healthy and starts to tear up the minors (as would seem reasonable to assume) than he's either a Nats regular or a HUGE trading chip. I think it's wise for the Nats to wait and see what they have before the consider trading him at this time.

Online Slateman

Trading Rendon now is selling low. If he gets healthy and starts to tear up the minors (as would seem reasonable to assume) than he's either a Nats regular or a HUGE trading chip. I think it's wise for the Nats to wait and see what they have before the consider trading him at this time.

Lol, no it's not. Look at what Annibal Sanchez cost the Tigers. Basically they're #1 pitching prospect

Rendon is injury prone and blocked. Trade him.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Lol, no it's not. Look at what Annibal Sanchez cost the Tigers. Basically they're #1 pitching prospect

Rendon is injury prone and blocked. Trade him.

Sanchez is a major league pitcher who is not injured.

What are are you talking about?

Offline BigMeech

I see what WPA is saying but Stanton is already one of the best sluggers in the league and he's only 22.  He WILL get better and he's already a pretty good player.  He would also provide a huge boost for our offense going into the pennant race.

Anyway, it's a huge hypothetical and won't happen but it would be fantastic if it did.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
There is a less than 0% chance that we trade for Stanton.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
I see what WPA is saying but Stanton is already one of the best sluggers in the league and he's only 22.  He WILL get better and he's already a pretty good player.  He would also provide a huge boost for our offense going into the pennant race.

Wait, what do you think I'm saying?

I was lollering at what it would "cost" a team to acquire Stanton, but I was talking about Sanchez and Rendon

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
There is a less than 0% chance that we trade for Stanton.

Pretty much

Can anyone "afford" to trade for Stanton? What a haul that would be

Offline BigMeech

Wait, what do you think I'm saying?

I was lollering at what it would "cost" a team to acquire Stanton, but I was talking about Sanchez and Rendon

In regards to selling low on Rendon at the moment if we traded him.  But if we could get a great player in return (Stanton) then do it.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
In regards to selling low on Rendon at the moment if we hypothetically included him in on a deal for Stanton.  I was saying how it would be worth it since he will probably never see the field for the Nats.

Oh, I see, well yes of course, it would be worth it, but it would have to be Rendon, Meyer, Goodwin plus what, 2 of our MLB regulars and one of our starters?  Rendon would only be 1 part of some crazy trade package that would empty a farm

I was just commenting on Rendon in general and how I don't see the Nats moving him until he gets healthy and shows he can play

Offline RyanZimsKazoo

• Ryan Zimmerman is passionate about baseball...
Its a shame that I like all the guys in the infield except for LaRoche.

Morse to 1B.
Stanton to LF.
Harper to CF.
Werth to RF.

Stanton- Harper- Werth
Zimmerman-Desmond-Espinosa-Morse

Love it.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
They can have anyone not named Harper

I'd trade Harper in a heartbeat for Stanton.

Online Slateman

Of course you would

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause

of course you would

Online Slateman

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
I'd still trade 10 years of McCutchen for six years of Harper.

Online Slateman

I'd still 10 years of McCutchen for six years of Harper.

I'd rather take 5 and a half and trade Harper for more prospects

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
The problem with Stanton is that he's going to be a DH in another 3-4 years. McCutchen is Bonds with less power.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
The problem with Stanton is that he's going to be a DH in another 3-4 years. McCutchen is Bonds with less power.

i didn't think stanton was that bad defensively