Author Topic: June 30 Nats blood drive  (Read 337 times)

Offline Gleason2

June 30 Nats blood drive
« Topic Start: June 24, 2012, 09:58:46 PM »
I'm signed up to donate blood next Saturday at Nats Park.  I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone will have the answer to.  First is about parking.  I'm pretty sure that in past years the team has made one of the parking garages available to blood donors at this event.  Does anyone know whether that is the case this year?  Second is how likely is it that I will actually be able to give blood at the time I signed up for?  Is there usually a long wait?  Thanks.

Offline NatsDad14

Re: June 30 Nats blood drive
« Reply #1: June 24, 2012, 10:13:59 PM »
Yes they always have free parking. I believe this year its in lot B

As far as wait, there is some wait. The actual blood donating is around 15 minutes, but everything before that could take some time.

Offline Jski

« Reply #2: June 25, 2012, 12:11:13 AM »
Maybe less than an hour for the whole process.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #3: June 25, 2012, 07:27:49 AM »
Thanks.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #4: June 25, 2012, 10:14:47 AM »
I'm signed up to donate blood next Saturday at Nats Park.  I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone will have the answer to.  First is about parking.  I'm pretty sure that in past years the team has made one of the parking garages available to blood donors at this event.  Does anyone know whether that is the case this year?  Second is how likely is it that I will actually be able to give blood at the time I signed up for?  Is there usually a long wait?  Thanks.

we did it last year, B garage is open for free parking.  Entrance is on the 1st base side (they ran the drive behind the LF Mezz seats).  They were running pretty close to on-schedule but we spent 2-3 hours there taking the tour & walking around the ballpark.

Offline blue911

« Reply #5: June 25, 2012, 05:59:38 PM »
If you donate platelets, the process takes about 45 minutes.