Author Topic: The Whole Ballpark Experience: Nats vs Os  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: The Whole Ballpark Experience: Nats vs Os
« Reply #25: June 25, 2012, 08:24:55 AM »
How many matchgoers in the 300's deal with this: use the Racing Presidents interval for going to the loo and/or getting beer/food. I avail myself of this opportunity quite often myself.

It reads as english, but somehow, you're speaking a foreign language :lol:

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #26: June 25, 2012, 10:33:50 AM »
we need to build a warehouse behind RF.

If by warehouse you mean bars and resturants I am all for it.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #27: June 25, 2012, 10:43:20 AM »
If by warehouse you mean bars and resturants I am all for it.

Good Guys SE would be a nice addition as well.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #28: June 25, 2012, 11:11:33 AM »
Good Guys SE would be a nice addition as well.

Can you imagine the post game?    :clap:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #29: June 25, 2012, 11:14:47 AM »
Can you imagine the post game?    :clap:

There have been a few games over the years where GG would have been preferable by about the sixth inning.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #30: June 25, 2012, 11:17:06 AM »
There have been a few games over the years where GG would have been preferable by about the sixth inning.

Back when I used to go to OP, we always did Hooters first.   Good Guys  ...   Oh my.   With the beer prices at the Park, think of all the $1 bills you could roll up between innings.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #31: June 25, 2012, 11:21:04 AM »
England and the US: two countries separated by a common language. :)

It reads as english, but somehow, you're speaking a foreign language :lol:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #32: June 25, 2012, 11:22:42 AM »
England and the US: two countries separated by a common language. :)

Went to the Lakes District in England (1985).   Ran into two retired Manchester cops at the pub.   Their wives were shopping.   The more we drank the less we understood each other.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #33: June 25, 2012, 11:27:03 AM »
This is funny. My daughter just came back from Australia, where, in a hostel, she was drinking with two Scots (a young couple). She said that the drunker they got (the Scots, particularly - she drinks some, but not much), the easier they were to understand. She said there was one guy from Ulster who she swears was speaking something other than English, except he understood her perfectly, and she'd pick up something that seemed to be in our native tongue about every fifth word or so.

Went to the Lakes District in England (1985).   Ran into two retired Manchester cops at the pub.   Their wives were shopping.   The more we drank the less we understood each other.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #34: June 25, 2012, 11:30:33 AM »
This is funny. My daughter just came back from Australia, where, in a hostel, she was drinking with two Scots (a young couple). She said that the drunker they got (the Scots, particularly - she drinks some, but not much), the easier they were to understand. She said there was one guy from Ulster who she swears was speaking something other than English, except he understood her perfectly, and she'd pick up something that seemed to be in our native tongue about every fifth word or so.

I watch the Premier League and there's one color commentator who's a Scotsman.   Wife asked me, "What the hell is he talking about?"   Told her I didn't have a clue.   That was at 11 AM EST without alcohol.

PS    Look out for Celts (Welsh/Irish/Scots/Lands End, etc).   They'll throw some Erse or Gaelic on ya and mess you up bad.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #35: June 25, 2012, 01:59:25 PM »

We had a similar experience in Clemson SC this past weekend.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #36: June 25, 2012, 02:28:40 PM »
We had a similar experience in Clemson SC this past weekend.

That's no lie.    :lmao:     First time I had to speak to folks in that tongue, I was in the Army at Ft. Polk, LA.   I also found the same "misunderstanding" in my conversations with folks from deep NE.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #37: June 25, 2012, 04:08:34 PM »
I had a girlfriend from England once and it took me a while before I understood what the hell she was saying the first time she said it. And by that then her time in the US was up. Weird thing is that I understood her German girlfriends' English just fine.  :rofl:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #38: June 25, 2012, 04:20:57 PM »
Germans speak clearer English than the English and some parts of the US.  Michael Ballack yesterday was much clearer than Steve McManaman.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #39: June 25, 2012, 05:01:49 PM »
Germans speak clearer English than the English and some parts of the US.  Michael Ballack yesterday was much clearer than Steve McManaman.

There were a couple of words she used every now and then that, accent or no, were unmistakable.  :lol:

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #40: June 25, 2012, 05:14:27 PM »
Ouch, not there? :D
There were a couple of words she used every now and then that, accent or no, were unmistakable.  :lol:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #41: June 25, 2012, 05:18:59 PM »
Ouch, not there? :D

:lmao: 

Just the opposite actually.   ;)

Offline R-Zim#11

« Reply #42: July 10, 2012, 11:46:37 AM »
The seats at Nats Park far outweigh the ones at OPACY. I am a pretty big guy (6'2" 245 or so). I sit quite comfortably at Nats Park, I get indentations on my knees from the cup holders at OPACY.

I also will go for a Ben's Chili Halfsmoke all the way with chili and cheese fries and Shake Shack (despite how ungodly expensive it is) over OPACY food.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #43: July 10, 2012, 11:53:47 AM »
The seats at Nats Park far outweigh the ones at OPACY. I am a pretty big guy (6'2" 245 or so). I sit quite comfortably at Nats Park, I get indentations on my knees from the cup holders at OPACY.

I also will go for a Ben's Chili Halfsmoke all the way with chili and cheese fries and Shake Shack (despite how ungodly expensive it is) over OPACY food.

Plus, the seats at OPACY don't actually face the action, they just face wherever they're pointed. So, say you're in the RF corner, your natural sight-line is going to be the RF/CF, not homeplate as it should be.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #44: July 10, 2012, 02:07:45 PM »
The only aspect of OPACY better than Nats Park is the beer selection.  The Nationals need to bring in DCBrau, Port City, Chocolate City, and more Dogfish beers

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #45: July 10, 2012, 04:56:49 PM »
...and starting next season, there will be fewer Nats-Orioles matches - fewer 'rivalry' matches overall under the new interleague format: http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8152547/interleague-rivalry-games-reduced-2013

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #46: July 10, 2012, 05:03:15 PM »
I won't miss this.

...and starting next season, there will be fewer Nats-Orioles matches - fewer 'rivalry' matches overall under the new interleague format: http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8152547/interleague-rivalry-games-reduced-2013

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #47: July 10, 2012, 05:19:53 PM »
OPACY blows away Nats Park for food. They have decent deli there, boogs is terrific, they have a second barbecue stand that I don't bother with because I go too boogs, and their grill dogs are terrific.  Good knishes too, and a fried foods place looks good.  Nice bars, too.  I used to use my jack daniels plastic cups as my juice glasses at home.  I'll skip the crab cakes because I'd never order one at a ballpark.  Have you ever looked at what the Nats pass off as a deli on the 2d level?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #48: July 10, 2012, 05:24:39 PM »
Do some of you really dislike the Nat Pack that much? When I'm at the game I don't even notice them because I'm usually talking with the people I'm with about the game.

again spider is a man (or woman, whatever you are) full of wisdom.  racing presidents/t-shirt toss/nat pack/etc, i could care less and don't even notice.  there to watch the game.

Offline blue911

« Reply #49: July 10, 2012, 05:32:00 PM »
The pissboys at Nats Park have softer hands