Author Topic: Austin Kearns hits 3 HRs at AAA Louisville  (Read 3033 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Austin Kearns hits 3 HRs at AAA Louisville
« Topic Start: July 06, 2005, 02:47:31 AM »
We all know that JimmyBo is hot for Ex-Reds, and has been trying to talk to the Reds about trading for either Kearns or Dunn.  Especially Kearns after he got demoted to AAA.

well...Kearns had a big day.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050706&content_id=14415&vkey=news_milb&fext=.jsp

3 HRs, 6 RBIs against Indianapolis last night.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Austin Kearns hits 3 HRs at AAA Louisville
« Reply #1: July 06, 2005, 09:13:59 PM »
Adam Dunn is convinces that Austin Kearns will end up a 20-25 HR hitter and 100+ RBI guy, as well as hit for average once he gets onto another team. I'm guessing JB thinks that same thing and that's one of the reasons he wants him. If it gets done, are Byrd's days numbered, Church's?

Thing is, I keep heard little pixies saying that Jim is trying to get not just Kearns, but either Dunn of Pena as well. Although, its a possibility, I cant see it happening during the regular season because it would mean the end of Wilkerson or Guillen, and I absolutely cant see either of them being traded right now, although I would trade Wilky if it got me Barry Zito. I can see one of the three being acquired, but no way two. to me Guillen is untouchable.

I think Pena has the biggest upside, but Kearns would be the happiest to get away from Cincinnati, so would Dunn for that matter, and a happy player tends to put up bigger numbers.