Author Topic: Nationals @ Orioles, Game 1  (Read 16607 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Orioles, Game 1
« Reply #300: June 22, 2012, 10:30:07 PM »
This is the first time this year I actually feel dejected.  This had nothing to do with our pitcher.  It has everything to do with the lack of offense.  This can't continue.
They are showing zero signs of breaking out too. They are dead meat. Tomorrow against Chen will be worse :spaz:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #301: June 22, 2012, 10:30:20 PM »
Zimmerman needs to catch the flu.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #302: June 22, 2012, 10:30:23 PM »
Saw a lot of hard hit balls that didn't fall in, late in the game.

We'll be fine.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #303: June 22, 2012, 10:31:08 PM »
Should have opted to let JZ do his own hitting.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #304: June 22, 2012, 10:37:17 PM »
Followed by an aggressive Slumpbuster regimen!
Zimmerman needs to catch the flu.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #305: June 22, 2012, 10:39:36 PM »
JZ pitched pretty well. Only gave up 2 runs

Offline Coladar

« Reply #306: June 22, 2012, 11:31:00 PM »
We got struck out ten times by a guy who isn't a strikeout pitcher. We had five baserunners, one walk, and an unearned run by a team raped by the rest of the NL East. This team doesn't make the playoffs, and if Morse and Zimmerman don't wake the freak up, and this is who they are now... Jesus, I don't know what we do. The only hitter in the minors anywhere near ready wears 34. This is why we needed to sign a power hitter in FA. Our pitching is godlike, Zimmermann was incredible. I don't know what they are going to do with this offense.

And not this season. Going down the road. Things are not working out. This season, anyone saying we make the playoffs is high. You don't make the playoffs when you get owned by teams owned by other teams in your division. Bottom line. We haven't played the NL East a ton yet either. When we do, things could get ugly. What a dejected night. Our pitching continues to be stellar, but our offense shows Wednesday wasn't a fluke, and this is who we are. Not a fun night, never mind the O's are guaranteed to at least tie the series.

Offline GSW

« Reply #307: June 23, 2012, 06:44:58 AM »
This is the first time this year I actually feel dejected.  This had nothing to do with our pitcher.  It has everything to do with the lack of offense.  This can't continue.

I turned off the TV in the 6th.... "This can't continue."   Sure it can... been that way all year?

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #308: June 23, 2012, 06:48:29 AM »
Attendance 45,831 - third highest at Preparation H Park at Camden Yards this season, trailing only Opening Day and the Phillies Saturday visit. Their attendance is up about 4000/fixture from last season...winning can do that (and did a lot of Nats supporters make the trip? Orioles still depend a lot on opposition crowds).

---

THIS DAY WITH THE '05 OVERACHIEVERS: Wednesday 22nd June 2005 the Nats get back on track as Schneider's RBI single in the eighth pulls out a 5-4 win at Pittsburgh to take that series 2-1...record now 42-30...http://espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=250622123

---

Hard-hit balls, but always right at somebody...when will it end?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #309: June 23, 2012, 08:15:23 AM »
I turned off the TV in the 6th.... "This can't continue."   Sure it can... been that way all year?

Been that way since 2005.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #310: June 23, 2012, 09:42:27 AM »
I listened to the last couple of innings on the radio in the car.  Sounded like they had several hard-hit balls that found gloves.  I particularly remember Flores lining out to the shortstop with two guys on base. 

Offline Fan037

« Reply #311: June 23, 2012, 10:39:02 AM »
There were a couple of shots that found the Baltimore gloves.  One definitely belonged to Flores and, had it found the field, probably would have scored a couple of runs.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #312: June 23, 2012, 11:23:22 AM »
Hitters are crapters. Davey need to borrow from Maddon and start pitting the strugglers in the leadoff spot.

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #313: June 23, 2012, 01:13:05 PM »
We got struck out ten times by a guy who isn't a strikeout pitcher. We had five baserunners, one walk, and an unearned run by a team raped by the rest of the NL East. This team doesn't make the playoffs, and if Morse and Zimmerman don't wake the freak up, and this is who they are now... Jesus, I don't know what we do. The only hitter in the minors anywhere near ready wears 34. This is why we needed to sign a power hitter in FA. Our pitching is godlike, Zimmermann was incredible. I don't know what they are going to do with this offense.

And not this season. Going down the road. Things are not working out. This season, anyone saying we make the playoffs is high. You don't make the playoffs when you get owned by teams owned by other teams in your division. Bottom line. We haven't played the NL East a ton yet either. When we do, things could get ugly. What a dejected night. Our pitching continues to be stellar, but our offense shows Wednesday wasn't a fluke, and this is who we are. Not a fun night, never mind the O's are guaranteed to at least tie the series.

Reactionary posts like this are why I don't post in the GDTs anymore. I understand venting your frustration but that doesn't mean we have to throw logic and rationality COMPLETELY out the window, sheesh.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #314: June 23, 2012, 01:14:54 PM »
good work rick eckstein in getting your hitters ready!

2-4 in the line-up: 0-for-12 (4 k's)
8-9: 0-for-6 (2 bernadina k's)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #315: June 23, 2012, 02:31:02 PM »
You musta not been in the GDTs for a while. This post was well reasoned and considerate compared to the crap that's in the GDTs recently. Worse and worse by the day.

Reactionary posts like this are why I don't post in the GDTs anymore. I understand venting your frustration but that doesn't mean we have to throw logic and rationality COMPLETELY out the window, sheesh.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #316: June 23, 2012, 03:09:09 PM »
whoever is doing today's GDT the line-up is out.

Espinosa 4, Harper 8, Zimmerman 5, Morse DH, LaRoche 3, Desmond 6, Moore 7, Nady 9, Flores 2 - Jackson 1

hey spider, i'm the only one to beat the o's this year 8)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #317: June 23, 2012, 03:15:10 PM »
Nady? Again? freaking Christ Davey ... it's like you want to lose

Offline spidernat

« Reply #318: June 23, 2012, 04:23:09 PM »

hey spider, i'm the only one to beat the o's this year 8)

Did you start the "beating" with Brian Roberts or did you save him for last?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #319: June 23, 2012, 04:23:27 PM »

You just posted in the GDT.  :lol:

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #320: June 23, 2012, 04:39:21 PM »

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #321: June 23, 2012, 05:38:13 PM »
You just posted in the GDT.  :lol:

Boredom combined with the shiny NEW mark next to the thread drew me in  :lol: