Author Topic: Nationals vs Yankees, Game 1  (Read 21642 times)

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Re: Nationals vs Yankees, Game 1
« Reply #625: June 16, 2012, 08:37:23 AM »
I was there Friday night as well and I disagree about the 65%.  More than half were Nats fans.  Maybe it depends where your seats were [emphasis added]

That does make a lot of difference, in my experience. In the neighbourhood of TBSITH, for about two sections either side, even during the worst of the Philly invasions we rarely got large opposition turn-outs...on the other hand, one could see areas of the outfield seats and along the third-base line that were absolutely overrun with them.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #626: June 16, 2012, 08:54:52 AM »
I was there Friday night as well and I disagree about the 65%.  More than half were Nats fans.  Maybe it depends where your seats were

Watching the fans come in there was definitely plenty of red shirts and hats, a fine showing by Nats fans.  I sat in an area full of season ticket holders so the vast majority were Nats fans.  Of course there were also plenty of fans wearing gear for both teams.

The Lets go Yankees chants came from the area by the Nats bullpen where the FO usually sticks the Philly groups, so clearly the Take Back Nats Park policy did not apply to this series.  In the competitive portion of the game they were booed down, until Davey crap the bed and put Lidge in.

Offline madj55

« Reply #627: June 16, 2012, 09:49:25 AM »
If it really was that packed-out with New Yorkers then there must have been some Phillies-style bus trips in the park last night - heading out to the Mystics last night on the Metro (roughly same start time as the Nats) it looked mostly Nats. The Yankees supporters probably scooped up their tickets when they first went on sale, long before the Nats started hitting their recent form and drawing more local fans.

Leaving from the Navy Yard lot I saw 4 tour buses parked next to the Left Field gate so you're probably right about that. And I was sitting in section 218 but there were Yankees fans all around me and I heard the chant all night long so I guess it was where I was sitting.

Offline Fan037

« Reply #628: June 16, 2012, 09:53:01 AM »
Played scared. A little over-amped, a little not-ready-for-prime-time. Learning experience. Get 'em tomorrow.

They seemed intimidated to me.  They have to play with confidence.  Let's hope today is much better.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #629: June 16, 2012, 10:06:59 AM »
In retrospect, Old Chelsea made the right choice tonight.

So it would appear....

[will be in TBSITH today and tomorrow though]

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #630: June 16, 2012, 03:35:29 PM »
freak!  i thought zim had that one

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #631: June 16, 2012, 03:38:07 PM »
i forgive you desi for your error.