Author Topic: 6/15-6/18 Yankees Series Discussion/Info (merged)  (Read 3326 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
About 5:30 pm June 15, 2006.

No way the Cheap Lerners don't squeeze a way to capitalize even more on this weekend.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
He might want to get there now.  I thought I saw some people camping out there when I drove into work this morning.

Offline RL04

A-Rod probably wishes he could be a Nat!

Actually in a current NY Daily News story, A-Rod (and other teams members and the Yankees manager)  had very nice things to say about the Nationals and about Harper.

It was good to see.

As a born and reared New Yorker I'm naturally biased, but I'm just hoping for a great series . . . and for a Nats sweep.   Should be fun.

Offline RL04

Now the Nationals have a commanding 5 game lead.

A five-game lead in June is very, very far from "commanding."

See:

1951 Brooklyn Dodgers
1964 Philadelphia Phillies
and
1969 Chicago Cubs

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
They are actually camping out for Grateful Dead tickets when Jerry returns . . .

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
They are actually camping out for Grateful Dead tickets when Jerry returns . . .

If it were a Phish show I might have joined them.  These risk models can just write themselves - I've got 25 minute versions of "Character Zero" to take in.

Offline swirvi

A lot of smack talking from Yankees fans.

Of course, the fact that they're going to miss Strasburg helps.

I actually prefer it this way.  Not jumping to conclusions, but if we actually did make it to the WS and faced the Yankees, this is the exact same starting 3 they would face right off the bat.  Let's see how we hold up to them when we don't have Strasburg.

Offline DPMOmaha

Even w/o Strasburg throwing this weekend, I still like the Nats matchups this weekend.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
IT'S GAME DAY nagES!

:panic:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Three years ago while driving to the Nats v Red Sox we heard on the radio that Michael Jackson had died.  Currently on Lindsay Lohan watch.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
i wish i was going tonight :(

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
3 years ago they had the big metro red line crash, but that isn't as unusual as Michael passing on.

Offline SkinsNDeacs

Call me a bad fan but I just sold my two tickets for tonight for nearly half of my total cost for my partial season ticket plan.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Call me a bad fan but I just sold my two tickets for tonight for nearly half of my total cost for my partial season ticket plan.

I sold one for tomorrow (prior engagement) I bought for $12 after fees for $75 today. 

Offline DC_Nats

So all three games this weekend with National coverage. I'm going to miss the Luna commercials!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
So all three games this weekend with National coverage. I'm going to miss the Luna commercials!

Still being broadcast on MASN as well, at least according to the Nationals website.

Offline DPMOmaha

Saturday is a national broadcast?

Offline DC_Nats

Still being broadcast on MASN as well, at least according to the Nationals website.

I'm outside the DC area so the MASN coverage will be blacked out on Extra Innings. Tomorrow's game will also be on MLB Network so it will be MLB, MLB, TBS for me.

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude
Thank goodness. I don't know what I'd do without WB Mason.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Thank goodness. I don't know what I'd do without WB Mason.

You'd be stuck with second-rate smudgy imitation Sharpies, wouldn't you?  Just awful...

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Saturday is a national broadcast?

Per the Nats site it's on MLB Network (also YES Network if you get it where you're at), but beyond that no national over-the-air or basic-cable coverage...tomorrow's is on TBS.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
At loft on end near stairwell.  Where are you guys (Red Loft)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Basically, the Nationals aren't ready for a good team that is ready to play them. We gave them extra outs today. They used them well.