Author Topic: 6/15-6/18 Yankees Series Discussion/Info (merged)  (Read 3318 times)

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude
I was at the 11-9 game in '06.  Had great, great seats behind the Nats dugout with two good friends and Yankee fans.  Yanks got WAY up early - maybe 9-2 or so before the Nats launched a comeback.  As the comeback happened, my buddy kept sitting there saying "I'm not worried - I'm not worried."  Then it got to be 9-6, then 9-8.  "I'm not worried."  "I'm not worried."

And then Soriano got on base and they brought in Rivera to try to close the door.  "See?  No problem, Rivera's game over."  Then Soriano stole second.  Says me:  Are you worried yet? Then he steals third.  Says me: ARE YOU WORRIED YET?!  Then, the greatest closer in the history of the game blew it.  Single to Vidro, tie game, 9-9.  Guillen tripled, I think - who knows, that whole time I was mostly screaming at my buddy and rubbing it in.  Anyway, two more runs scored, Nats win, 11-9.   

Maybe the best game I've ever actually seen live. Go get those upper-crusty NY'ers and send them back to their Upper West Side musty old penthouses with their tails between their legs.

And count me with Waleski that these games matter because if we lose, it lessens the impact of them beating up on the Braves - if we take 2-3, we solidify the lead.  We haven't seen the last of the Braves.