Author Topic: Nationals vs Mets, Game 3  (Read 16259 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

Re: Nationals vs Mets, Game 3
« Reply #25: June 07, 2012, 12:17:04 PM »
He used to be a moderator of the forum back in '06-07 timeframe and he had a strange obsession of starting every single game thread even though prior to him doing that we would cycle through different people like we do now. I was pretty stupid at the time and used to always give him hell for it and made him feel bad. He eventually went away as I think his life became too busy to allow him to post here. He was a nice guy though and I regret acting like a douche.
If you go to WNFF's Home and then Game Day Threads, look at August 2006 through 2009.

I don't think 2k6nats was a Moderator.  For all of 2005 and until he started GDT's in August 2006, virtually every GDT was created by a Moderator.  Since he lived in Vermont, making the GDTs made him feel more of a part of the fan base, since he couldn't attend games.  But he did attend games for the Vermont Lake Monsters, then a Nationals A team; now a Short-Season affiliate of the Oakland Athletics.  Maybe 2k6nats became a Moneyball/A's fan?

He drove fantasy players crazy by posting Wild Guess lineups, but eventually stopped that.  The frustration of another 100-loss season, combined with the Baseball Tradition of Superstition, led me and others to wonder if 2k6nats was jinxing the team.  A revolt was staged, and others began starting GDT's.

sportsfan882 is correct: 2k6nats is a really good member, and we were horrible to blame him for all that losing.  Apparently, we just needed better pitching, better fielding, better hitting, and better managing.  I wonder if he'll attend any of this weekend's games in Boston.  I'd love to see him create a GDT for one of them.  He last logged in here in January 2012, and has over 9,000 posts.