Author Topic: Nats Park North August 24-26  (Read 6113 times)

Offline nickmiser91

Re: Nats Park North August 24-26
« Reply #125: August 23, 2012, 12:12:49 AM »
Couple more days... Philly is very inviting this time of year

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #126: August 23, 2012, 12:23:37 AM »
Represent us well, my man!!!

:cheers:

Offline deeznatz

• http://www.amorica.org
« Reply #127: August 23, 2012, 01:04:07 AM »
I'll be in South Carolina, but I'll be listenening for you guys.  Wanna hear and see some Nat fans.  I'm seriously considering the Atlanta series for a game or two.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #128: August 23, 2012, 07:58:29 AM »
Weather for the Philly away series, from weather.com:

Friday 24th (Kendrick vs Jackson) - High 88, low 68, 20% chance of rain
Saturday 25th (Halladay vs Gonzalez) - High 81, low 68, 20% chance of rain
Sunday 26th (Lee vs Zimmermann) - High 80, low 68, 30% chance of rain

Offline nickmiser91

« Reply #129: August 23, 2012, 10:24:40 AM »
If anyone is planning on going Saturday night and has yet to of bought tix for that game (8/25 Gonzalez vs Halladay) I can get in touch with someone who has 2 tixs to sit in a group of 30 Nats fans and 4 tixs to sit in a sect with about 20 Nats fans (scattered rows) Let me know if you're interested and I can see if they are still available for you.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #130: August 24, 2012, 01:36:20 AM »

What, is it trash collection month or something? ;)

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #131: August 24, 2012, 10:30:24 AM »
 :rofl:
What, is it trash collection month or something? ;)

« Reply #132: August 27, 2012, 07:55:07 PM »
Can anyone who went north this past weekend talk about how the philly fans were

Offline Korzagg

« Reply #133: August 27, 2012, 09:10:23 PM »
What is your infatuation with the Philadelphia fans and the way they act, I really dont get it. I am a die hard Philadelphia sports fan and the people you guys love to bash are the minority, this crap happens everywhere and I have traveled all over the country watching my sports teams and have run into trouble in some places but that is to be expected walking into another teams stadium.

I know it sucks when our fans come down in droves and take over your stadium but you can blame that on your front office, they are the ones that ran ads on a local philly radio station encouraging the phils fans to come down. We used to have to deal with the Mets and Boston fans in philly and they were 100,000 times worse then our fanbase.

You juts have to understand every team in every city has fans that you really dont want to claim as your own, and when you win, as you will soon find out, more of those fans come out of the woodwork and they are an embarrassment, The only difference between those other fanbases and Philly is that its only National news if it happens here. Very rarely do you ever hear about it when it happens outside Philly unless someone is hurt badly

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #134: August 27, 2012, 09:13:54 PM »
What is your infatuation with the Philadelphia fans and the way they act, I really dont get it.

Experience.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #135: August 27, 2012, 09:14:33 PM »
What is your infatuation with the Philadelphia fans and the way they act, I really dont get it. I am a die hard Philadelphia sports fan and the people you guys love to bash are the minority, this crap happens everywhere and I have traveled all over the country watching my sports teams and have run into trouble in some places but that is to be expected walking into another teams stadium.

I know it sucks when our fans come down in droves and take over your stadium but you can blame that on your front office, they are the ones that ran ads on a local philly radio station encouraging the phils fans to come down. We used to have to deal with the Mets and Boston fans in philly and they were 100,000 times worse then our fanbase.

You juts have to understand every team in every city has fans that you really dont want to claim as your own, and when you win, as you will soon find out, more of those fans come out of the woodwork and they are an embarrassment, The only difference between those other fanbases and Philly is that its only National news if it happens here. Very rarely do you ever hear about it when it happens outside Philly unless someone is hurt badly

They come down in droves, threaten the bartenders, trash the place, crap on the grass, etc., etc. They ruined opening day and I look forward to Ryan Howard in a Hoverround at first and Chase Utley getting hit by a meteor.

Offline Korzagg

« Reply #136: August 27, 2012, 09:56:34 PM »

They come down in droves, threaten the bartenders, trash the place, crap on the grass, etc., etc. They ruined opening day and I look forward to Ryan Howard in a Hoverround at first and Chase Utley getting hit by a meteor.

Again you have NO ONE to blame but your own teams front office, They are the reason the fans come down in droves, hell they sponsored bus trips last season, and  this season to try and save face with the Nationals fans they tried the take back the park thing, knowing all that would do is drive the Philles fans down again.

As far as the rest of the stuff, again that is the minority of the fanbase, most of them just started watching baseball in 2007 and some dont even go to the games to watch, but again all fanbases have those people, not just philly, yet I never see anyone complain about any other fanbase.

To me its just total BS, you guys rip a whole fanbase, over a few people. I know personally I dont act that way and I know plenty of other season ticket holders that dont, most of the time your dealing with drunk college students who think that behavior is funny, and its not, but dont lump everyone together with them

« Reply #137: August 27, 2012, 10:08:42 PM »

its no infatuation, and no its dosent happen everywhere. Ive been to a few different cities wearing nats gear to games and the fans arent nearly as rude and ignorant as your fan base .Sorry buddy dont down play the truth just because your embarrassed of your city. whats really sad is, it dosent matter what sport either, the fan base in general are asses. :minigunz:

Offline Korzagg

« Reply #138: August 27, 2012, 10:41:02 PM »
its no infatuation, and no its dosent happen everywhere. Ive been to a few different cities wearing nats gear to games and the fans arent nearly as rude and ignorant as your fan base .Sorry buddy dont down play the truth just because your embarrassed of your city. whats really sad is, it dosent matter what sport either, the fan base in general are asses. :minigunz:

It does happen elsewhere.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/07/30/us-crime-usa-barbell-idUSN3044086220070730

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/16/eight-year-old-jets-fan-allegedly-tackled-while-leaving-browns-game/

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Raiders-Chargers-Man-stabbed-after-game-111011

So again this happens EVERYWHERE, Philly just a rep that it will never lose no matter what, Even one of your posters who attends temple has told you its not as bad as you are making it out to be

Offline Clever

« Reply #139: August 27, 2012, 10:53:09 PM »

So again this happens EVERYWHERE, Philly just a rep that it will never lose no matter what, Even one of your posters who attends temple has told you its not as bad as you are making it out to be

Sure, it just happens in Philly more.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #140: August 27, 2012, 11:15:46 PM »
Again you have NO ONE to blame but your own teams front office, They are the reason the fans come down in droves, hell they sponsored bus trips last season, and  this season to try and save face with the Nationals fans they tried the take back the park thing, knowing all that would do is drive the Philles fans down again.

As far as the rest of the stuff, again that is the minority of the fanbase, most of them just started watching baseball in 2007 and some dont even go to the games to watch, but again all fanbases have those people, not just philly, yet I never see anyone complain about any other fanbase.

To me its just total BS, you guys rip a whole fanbase, over a few people. I know personally I dont act that way and I know plenty of other season ticket holders that dont, most of the time your dealing with drunk college students who think that behavior is funny, and its not, but dont lump everyone together with them
Seriously, how old are you? First of all, why would you even waste your timing to a Nats board to defend the Filth?

You want to change Philly's reputation? Stand up. When some drunk college ass is picking on a kid who has on the "wrong" jersey, say something. Be a human being.

It is not BS. Do me a favor, next Phil's home game, wear a t-shirt featuring the road team. And act normally. Walk through the Parking lot, concourses, etc, see how much negative attention you get, then report back to us.

« Reply #141: August 27, 2012, 11:48:56 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/07/30/us-crime-usa-barbell-idUSN3044086220070730

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/16/eight-year-old-jets-fan-allegedly-tackled-while-leaving-browns-game/

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Raiders-Chargers-Man-stabbed-after-game-111011

I said it dosent happen everywhere......... meaning some places but not everywhere. and why are you on a nats forum????? btw they put a jail in your stadium......... nuff said

« Reply #142: August 27, 2012, 11:54:46 PM »

And why did you put a story up here about a domestic incident? :poke:

Offline heeman82

« Reply #143: August 28, 2012, 12:00:28 AM »
Just go away.

Offline adam3313

« Reply #144: August 28, 2012, 12:04:23 AM »
I was there on Saturday night.  Was wearing my Harper jersey T and a Curly W cap.  I can count the comments I got on both hands, but only a few were really derogatory. 

I had seats I bought on stubhub for like $3 in section 305, which was well represented by Nats fans.  Me and my 2 friends (non-Nats fans, but they were wearing neutral clothing) were confused about out tickets, as we had Row "F" and all the rows were marked with numbers.  We had seats that were in their own row over the entrance from the concourse.  We were trying to just go to open seats, but the strictest usher I've EVER seen came to assist, and booted some Philly fans out of our seats.  They were incredibly upset that they had to leave those seats for the "Nats Fans" and that they paid to be in that section as well.  Needless to say, about 2 minutes later we got some hot dog wrappers thrown at us, and about 15 minutes later, the one kid came down looking for his iPhone he left there, and tried to accuse my friend of hiding it, even though it was right where he left it. 

After the game, I went to check out Xfinity Live.  I didn't expect it to be too bad, seeing as how we lost.  And it was enjoyable.  I had to deal with a few comments from bartenders, but overall it wasn't bad, until one fan felt the need to walk over to me, get right in my ear, and tell me I was wearing the worst Fn shirt he's ever seen, and calling me an a-hole.  I responded with "Have a Nice Night".  The rest of the night he kept staring me down, but I think he was just really drunk.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #146: August 28, 2012, 10:14:35 AM »

Thanks Adam, sounds about what I would have expected.

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
« Reply #147: August 28, 2012, 10:19:25 AM »
I realized something very important about Phillies fans when I was up there. They don't so much cheer on their team as they cheer against the other team. For example the booing of Scott Rolen and Jayson Werth. They booed louder when Werth batted than they cheered when Mayberry hit a homer. I guess it makes sense to think your team can't win because of something they are doing when it is the losingest franchise in baseball.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #148: August 28, 2012, 10:21:57 AM »
I probably already posted this somewhere, but back in the 90s a friend and I went to a Monday night Eagles/Comboys game at the old Veterans Stadium (not a fan of either team, just happened to be driving back from NYC and decided to go for craps & giggles).  That place was a total $hitshow...I have never seen so many fights in my life, and that includes Arsenal/Tottenham at Highbury when they still had the terrace stands.  The entire stadium was like a world war.  Actually it was even worse than that, it was more along the lines of a race riot.  Eff that. 

btw they put a jail in your stadium......... nuff said

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #149: August 28, 2012, 10:23:57 AM »

I could link to a story about a murder in Des Moines, but that doesn't mean it's South Chicago.  I've dealt with opposing fans of almost every team and nobody holds a candle to Philly.  If you want to lose the rep, stop being drunk jerks.