Author Topic: National Broadcast Schedule  (Read 2492 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

Re: National Broadcast Schedule
« Reply #25: August 01, 2012, 10:29:22 PM »
we are prob gonna have 2 sunday night games in sept just by looking at the schedule

probably, but they haven't been announced yet...just adds to the pressure this team is going to face down the stretch.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #26: August 01, 2012, 10:35:06 PM »
probably, but they haven't been announced yet...just adds to the pressure this team is going to face down the stretch.

Right, ESPN just says they announce those games roughly two weeks in advance.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #27: August 02, 2012, 08:39:11 AM »
If ESPN does requisition one of our Sunday matches I hope it's one of our away Sundays (Braves 16th, Cardinals 30th) - I really can't go to Sunday nighters because of the logistics (they always let out after 23.00 because of the added commercials on ESPN, and remember how Metro had to be dragged kicking and screaming into staying open last time we hosted a Sunday nighter).

Offline RL04

« Reply #28: August 02, 2012, 02:28:28 PM »
I really can't go to Sunday nighters because of the logistics (they always let out after 23.00 and remember how Metro had to be dragged kicking and screaming into staying open last time we hosted a Sunday nighter).

Drive?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #29: August 19, 2012, 01:44:39 PM »
How much ahead of time do they make decisions for national broadcasts?  I'd really like to find out if the Sat. game @ St.L is going to be moved to the afternoon.  Hoping it will be...

Offline nfotiu

« Reply #30: August 19, 2012, 02:00:51 PM »
How much ahead of time do they make decisions for national broadcasts?  I'd really like to find out if the Sat. game @ St.L is going to be moved to the afternoon.  Hoping it will be...

I thought they already moved it to 4:05 for fox.  That is the scheduled time on the Nats website.

The Sunday game is stayin in the afternoon.  Thought that might be a game espn would want.  http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2012/08/detroit_tigers-chicago_white_s_1.html

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #31: August 19, 2012, 02:03:54 PM »
I thought they already moved it to 4:05 for fox.  That is the scheduled time on the Nats website.

The Sunday game is stayin in the afternoon.  Thought that might be a game espn would want.  http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2012/08/detroit_tigers-chicago_white_s_1.html

No, the game on the 29 th in STL.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #32: August 30, 2012, 05:55:41 PM »
We're the main game on FOX this weekend. 

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #33: August 30, 2012, 06:43:28 PM »
I think this will be the first time I'll get to watch the Nats on FOX.  Naturally, it's opposite the Huskers...

Offline PC

« Reply #34: August 31, 2012, 12:37:09 PM »
#Nats game at #Braves on Sept 16 has been picked up by ESPN for Sunday Night Baseball. Start moved to 8:05 pm.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #35: August 31, 2012, 12:39:29 PM »

:?

I can see the lead-ins to the game now.  "So here are the Nats without Strasburg struggling to maintain their lead, meanwhile the Yankees are great, the Red Sox are rebuilding and we just love those Yankees!"

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #36: August 31, 2012, 12:41:43 PM »
I can see the lead-ins to the game now.  "So here are the Nats without Strasburg struggling to maintain their lead, meanwhile the Yankees are great, the Red Sox are rebuilding and we just love those Yankees!"
...and here's some footage we recently shot at Yankees stadium of the Red Sox playing the Yankees, isn't that just what baseball is all about.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #37: August 31, 2012, 12:41:51 PM »
^

agreed in that ESPN baseball is the worst (actually all of ESPN is terrible), but it's good to have a night game.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #38: August 31, 2012, 12:42:15 PM »
"And now back to our regular scheduled 24/7 Tim Tebow coverage..."

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #39: August 31, 2012, 12:43:28 PM »
^

agreed in that ESPN baseball is the worst (actually all of ESPN is terrible), but it's good to have a night game.

No argument there.  Any national coverage in September is a good thing.  I just feel bad for my television - it's going to be dodging various objects I'll be throwing out of frustration at ESPN's coverage.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #40: August 31, 2012, 12:44:48 PM »

:lmao:

Although :( at the same time because the NFL will be in full swing and you just reminded me.

Now I'm angry....

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #41: August 31, 2012, 12:46:49 PM »
No argument there.  Any national coverage in September is a good thing.  I just feel bad for my television - it's going to be dodging various objects I'll be throwing out of frustration at ESPN's coverage.

Wasn't it not long ago that Yankee fans were complaining about how much coverage the Nats were getting?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #42: August 31, 2012, 12:48:53 PM »

:lmao: :worship:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #43: August 31, 2012, 12:52:05 PM »
Wasn't it not long ago that Yankee fans were complaining about how much coverage the Nats were getting?

I don't know since I don't watch much ESPN anymore (certainly not for baseball coverage).  But I can say with a good amount of certainty and decades of experience - Yankees fans are retards.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #44: August 31, 2012, 12:56:24 PM »

They spent nearly an inning an a half talking about Strasburg's impending shut down during a Yankees game two weekends ago and that got a fair amount of complaints from Yankees fans.
Don't really care, I'm lucky enough to get to the home games and listen to them on MASN for most of the rest.

Offline swirvi

« Reply #45: August 31, 2012, 01:13:03 PM »
For anyone who knows how this works, I need help.  I have MLB League Pass, but cannot find the game listed.  Obviously because it is a nationally televised game so it will be on Fox.  Except, I live in LA - that small portion of the map that will be showing the Angles game.  I still cannot find it listed on the League pass channels.  Does this mean I'm screwed?  Will I not be able to watch the game?  That can't be right...

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #46: August 31, 2012, 01:21:25 PM »
Now confirmed on Nats schedule: http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=was#y=2012&m=9&calendar=DEFAULT - thank goodness it's an away match.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #47: August 31, 2012, 01:21:33 PM »
For anyone who knows how this works, I need help.  I have MLB League Pass, but cannot find the game listed.  Obviously because it is a nationally televised game so it will be on Fox.  Except, I live in LA - that small portion of the map that will be showing the Angles game.  I still cannot find it listed on the League pass channels.  Does this mean I'm screwed?  Will I not be able to watch the game?  That can't be right...

Yes.   National broadcasts are not included in the Extra Innings or MLB.TV subscriptions.  If your area does not carry the game, you'll be out of luck.  You might be able to find it on some of websites from somewhere in Europe that carry all sorts of games, but those connections can be sketchy.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #48: August 31, 2012, 06:16:55 PM »
Now confirmed on Nats schedule: http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=was#y=2012&m=9&calendar=DEFAULT - thank goodness it's an away match.

That gives us two consecutive days of national coverage (and no Carp and F.P.), as the prior day's game is a 4:00 FOX game.

Offline PC

« Reply #49: September 14, 2012, 11:05:03 AM »
Reminder, tonight's (Friday) game will be on MLB Network (for those out of the MASN viewing area).  Saturday's game will be on FOX and Sunday's game is the Sunday night game on ESPN.