Author Topic: What's wrong with Ryan Zimmerman?  (Read 31311 times)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: What's wrong with Ryan Zimmerman?
« Reply #75: June 05, 2012, 09:00:01 AM »
Spidey - Actually, davey sat him one game in the Phillies series or davey forced him out of a game due to a shoulder soreness. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/post/ryan-zimmerman-to-play-tomorrow-after-getting-scratched-with-shoulder-soreness/2012/05/22/gIQAc8gPjU_blog.html

Zimmerman had been feeling soreness in his sore right shoulder, an injury to which landed him on the disabled list for 13 games. Zimmerman took batting practice and performed his usual pregame routine, but after batting practice Johnson informed Zimmerman that Chad Tracy would play in his place.

“It happened at the last second, so it made it seem worse than it is,” Zimmerman said. “It’s just like when you come back from anything. I think it’s just playing every day. It’s not even the same region as the other one. It’s just general soreness.”

That's what I meant by his latest bout of "my shoulder is hurting."  After that rest, he had a 2 double game the next day, and had a 5 game hit streak.  It does not prove his latest bad 4 game stretch is linked to an injury.

I could easily see Lombo at 3d one day a week to give RZ rest once we get the full complement of regulars back.