Author Topic: Future of big name Nats (2012)  (Read 15511 times)

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude
Re: Future of big name Nats (merged)
« Reply #375: June 15, 2012, 02:57:28 PM »
Glad to see these threads merge - we're one step closer to our dream of a 1,000 page 5 year long thread.

Offline madj55

« Reply #376: June 15, 2012, 03:00:47 PM »
That was a story about nothing based off of some tweets. Did you read the article where Harper recently stated that he wants to be here for as long as he can?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #377: June 15, 2012, 03:02:11 PM »
This is such a dumb topic that...... ESPN ran a lead story about it

I really wish I could shart in your face right now.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #378: June 15, 2012, 03:03:36 PM »
That was a story about nothing based off of some tweets. Did you read the article where Harper recently stated that he wants to be here for as long as he can?

I haven't read that, could you share the link?

Offline mach1ne

« Reply #379: June 15, 2012, 03:16:01 PM »
...according to a NYC-based writer...this one is right up there with those idiots who wear Strasburg T-shirts in Red Sox-font lettering.

Not sure if somebody posted this already but I saw two people with a Strasburg Nats Jersey and a Red Sox hat at Last Fridays game.  So they do exist.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #380: June 15, 2012, 03:56:23 PM »
If we followed ESPN's lead on topics this forum would've died a couple of years ago for lack of content. But we would've had several threads on "Natinals!"  :?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #381: June 15, 2012, 03:58:38 PM »
Not sure if somebody posted this already but I saw two people with a Strasburg Nats Jersey and a Red Sox hat at Last Fridays game.  So they do exist.

Some people don't mind swinging both ways.   :spaz:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #382: June 15, 2012, 04:20:16 PM »
Blue left. :(

?????????????????

WHY?!?!?!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #383: June 15, 2012, 05:06:15 PM »
Some people don't mind swinging both ways.
Haven't done that look this year yet, but probably have done the Strasburg red tee shirt from his rookie year with his pitching motion  on back and a Sox hat this year or last.  That's one of my two favorite short sleeve freebie tees, along with the gray script Washington hard times shirt.  I don't call that swinging both ways.  I call it splitting the ticket.

Seriously, I would not do that at a game between the Sox and Nats in the regular or post season.  Looks like we will not have to worry about that this year.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #384: June 15, 2012, 07:05:16 PM »
Focus on defense? Even our ideal everyone healthy outfield isn't great defensively
That's all your commenting on from that post?

Our infield defense is excellent. Zimmerman is a Gold Glove, Espi is great, Desmond is having a pretty good year, and LaRoche is significantly better defensively than Dunn. Outfield has gotten better over the years. An outfield lineup of Morse-Ankiel-Harper or Morse-Harper-Werth is much better than the days of Milledge, Dunn, Dukes, and second year Nyjer. When Willie Harris looks like a Gold Glover compared to the rest of your outfield it says a lot.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #385: June 15, 2012, 09:01:57 PM »
?????????????????

WHY?!?!?!

Beats me. I just noticed he hadn't posted in a month.

Offline BH34Natural

« Reply #386: June 15, 2012, 09:51:52 PM »

Well, link it  :shock:

Offline BH34Natural

« Reply #387: June 15, 2012, 09:52:39 PM »
I really wish I could shart in your face right now.

Yea, I've been here just one season and can see you add nothing here. Please shape up or ship out. Every message board has one guy like you. I'm not amused.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #388: June 15, 2012, 09:53:34 PM »
Yea, I've been here just one season and can see you add nothing here. Please shape up or ship out. Every message board has one guy like you. I'm not amused.
It's MDS. You can either let him get under your skin or you can realize he's hilarious. He's just a teddy bear at heart. A hilarious demented teddy bear, but a teddy bear.

Offline BH34Natural

« Reply #389: June 15, 2012, 10:03:38 PM »
It's MDS. You can either let him get under your skin or you can realize he's hilarious. He's just a teddy bear at heart. A hilarious demented teddy bear, but a teddy bear.

Don't know why he has splinters in his ass about me, I am not trying to bother anyone here just here to talk baseball.

Offline BH34Natural

« Reply #390: June 18, 2012, 09:29:42 AM »

Offline GOON

« Reply #391: June 18, 2012, 09:59:40 AM »
It wouldn't shock me to see Harper stay in Washington since the Lerners can spend money when need be and even though I nag about it in the GDT threads, we have the makings of a dynasty with our team if everyone stays healthy and comes close to their potential. 

If we end up winning a couple of World Series between now and 2018, I think he'll stay.  However, if they don't live up to their potential, Harper is as good as gone.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #392: June 18, 2012, 10:09:27 AM »
A dirty bomb could just as easily blow us all straight to hell between now and 2018 too.  Let's all step away from the "OMGZ BRYCE HARPER MUST BEEZ HERE" ledge and enjoy the team we've got.  It all could all go to crap tomorrow, enjoy what you've got while you've got it.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #393: June 18, 2012, 10:17:47 AM »
Beats me. I just noticed he hadn't posted in a month.

Noticed that, Math Guy was asking about him a week or so ago,  haven't seen him at the park lately either, but I only see him about once a year....

Offline BH34Natural

« Reply #394: June 18, 2012, 10:25:02 AM »
A dirty bomb could just as easily blow us all straight to hell between now and 2018 too.  Let's all step away from the "OMGZ BRYCE HARPER MUST BEEZ HERE" ledge and enjoy the team we've got.  It all could all go to crap tomorrow, enjoy what you've got while you've got it.

This is true. But I mean if you're young and in your late 20's, you have to plan on living out your days with Bryce Harper as a Nat. Ya know, if we don't sit around and figure that tomorrow is our last. I get what you're saying

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #395: June 18, 2012, 10:55:44 AM »
This is true. But I mean if you're young and in your late 20's, you have to plan on living out your days with Bryce Harper as a Nat. Ya know, if we don't sit around and figure that tomorrow is our last. I get what you're saying

I'd rather plan out my days not worrying about something I have no control over.  Life happens, enjoy it before you're worm meat.