Author Topic: which one of you wore blue sequins to today's game?  (Read 3977 times)

Offline Dixon Ward

there is a season ticket holder that sits in about the 5th row of section 136 or 137 that cracks me up every time i notice him at a game. i've seen him wear streamer wigs:

and a billie jean glove:

but today we was wearing a blue sequin suit:

he's always up dancing during breaks in the game. has anyone else noticed this guy? he's got serious #natitude.

Offline Teddy-Roosevelt

• LetTeddyWin.com
    • Presidents race gear including official TM Let Teddy Win shirts and rally signs.
Yeah, that's Tripp Whitbeck.  He's one of a kind.  Sits near the bottom of section 135.  Orders new chinese import costumes every winter so that he can mix it up throughout baseball season.  Uncle sam beards, sombreros, glitter jackets, viking helmets, you name it.  Serious Natitude.  If you want a good time, head down to Tripp's section in the sixth inning when they play "Boogie Shoes" and join in the dancing.

You get the idea.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Yeah, that's Tripp Whitbeck.  He's one of a kind.  Sits near the bottom of section 135.  Orders new chinese import costumes every winter so that he can mix it up throughout baseball season.  Uncle sam beards, sombreros, glitter jackets, viking helmets, you name it.  Serious Natitude.  If you want a good time, head down to Tripp's section in the sixth inning when they play "Boogie Shoes" and join in the dancing.

You get the idea.

Teddy, enjoyed the rubber chicken article in the post :clap:

Offline Teddy-Roosevelt

• LetTeddyWin.com
    • Presidents race gear including official TM Let Teddy Win shirts and rally signs.
Teddy, enjoyed the rubber chicken article in the post :clap:
Thanks!  As soon as Davey said that, I pinged Hugh and said this is a sign!
If you didn't catch my write-up and video, here it is: http://blog.letteddywin.com/2012/05/16/washington-nationals-chicken-sacrifice/

Offline santanaf

Yep, that's Tripp. https://www.facebook.com/groups/273416182685228/. We sit near him and he's a staple at nearly every game.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
He certainly is a Trip!  I saw the Viking or whatever that was yesterday!

Offline heeman82

That guy is great.  I have sat near him a few times.

Offline Obed_Marsh

Good to know which sections to avoid. If you are going to go for the self-aggrandizing dance steps, have more than one of them. :spaz:

I wonder how long before Nats320 challenges him to a King of the Creepers contest.

Offline BerkeleyNat

Good to know which sections to avoid. If you are going to go for the self-aggrandizing dance steps, have more than one of them. :spaz:

I wonder how long before Nats320 challenges him to a King of the Creepers contest.

:clap:

I love to have fun, but this guy is an attention whore.

Offline Obed_Marsh

Aside from the handful of official events where everyone is encouraged to dance, sit your ass down and watch the game. Also, if the ball is in play, wait before you get up you inconsiderate bastards.

If you absolutely must "dance", go ahead and "dance" in the scoreboard walk or other non-seating areas, preferably next to a short railing. ;)

Offline Teddy-Roosevelt

• LetTeddyWin.com

If you think Tripp is a creeper, then don't invite him on a date with your daughter.  Personally, I think Nats Park could use more Tripps and fewer silent suits who spend more time in the Presidents or Stars & Stripes Club than they do in their seats watching the game. 

The other guy you mention pissed off a lot of people (and yes, creeped some of them out) by the things he wrote.  Tripp hasn't insulted anybody or asked for anything.  He just invites fans to have fun with him, and he doesn't dance during at bats.  Is he crazy?  I'm sure he'd say so.  Is he good for the atmosphere at the park?  Absolutely. 

In my youth, I loved going to Wrigley Field and sitting in the left field bleachers.  Part of the character of the place was the certifiably insane characters who hung out in the bleachers: Ronnie Woo Woo, The Bleacher Preacher, the Shawon-o-Meter Guy.  I can't remember them all.  I'm proud to say the Nationals are developing some crazies of our own.  Never thought I'd be one of 'em, but some things you can never predict.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
The early '00s had some fun people in the bleachers at Wrigley but nobody dressed like a blue sequined dildo shouting "hey look at me".  I've sat behind Blue Steely Dan and he came really close to getting assed directly in face.

Offline Obed_Marsh

Personally, I think Nats Park could use more Tripps and fewer silent suits who spend more time in the Presidents or Stars & Stripes Club than they do in their seats watching the game. 
Never thought I'd be one of 'em, but some things you can never predict.

For a Teddy Roosevelt impersonator, you sure are down on dark suits. ;)

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
I'm all for fan spirit, but yeah, if this attention whore were in front of me I'd want him to sit his ass down.

Offline BerkeleyNat

I'm all for fan spirit, but yeah, if this attention whore were in front of me I'd want him to sit his ass down.

That was the problem yesterday. People were starting to get a little pissed at him. He just about stood up the whole time through the first three innings. He was yapping about how he had been on Fox the night before.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
I had some clown doing something similar last year when I was down in the Diamond Club.  The firefighters sitting next to me (from Baaaaaastan) decided they had had enough and poured beer all over the clown in question. 

Offline Obed_Marsh

When you start your own Facebook "FanClub", you got issues.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
When you start your own Facebook "FanClub", you got issues.

srsly? wow.

Offline Obed_Marsh

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
If you think Tripp is a creeper, then don't invite him on a date with your daughter.  Personally, I think Nats Park could use more Tripps and fewer silent suits who spend more time in the Presidents or Stars & Stripes Club than they do in their seats watching the game. 

The other guy you mention pissed off a lot of people (and yes, creeped some of them out) by the things he wrote.  Tripp hasn't insulted anybody or asked for anything.  He just invites fans to have fun with him, and he doesn't dance during at bats.  Is he crazy?  I'm sure he'd say so.  Is he good for the atmosphere at the park?  Absolutely. 

In my youth, I loved going to Wrigley Field and sitting in the left field bleachers.  Part of the character of the place was the certifiably insane characters who hung out in the bleachers: Ronnie Woo Woo, The Bleacher Preacher, the Shawon-o-Meter Guy.  I can't remember them all.  I'm proud to say the Nationals are developing some crazies of our own.  Never thought I'd be one of 'em, but some things you can never predict.

This. It's all in fun. As long as he's not interfering with anyone else's enjoyment of the game, then what's the problem? If he is bothering people behind him, he needs to get a place where that's not an issue. And then dance his ass off.

Offline Teddy-Roosevelt

• LetTeddyWin.com
Yup. Posted right here. "The Tripp Fanclub" :lmao:

Don't jump to conclusions.  I know the girls that started this group on Facebook.  If you met them, you'd be pretty jealous of Tripp. 

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
If you met them, you'd be pretty jealous of Tripp.

If you're looking to not turn the board against this bozo you're doing a piss poor job.

Offline Teddy-Roosevelt

• LetTeddyWin.com
If you're looking to not turn the board against this bozo you're doing a piss poor job.

LOL

Offline BerkeleyNat

He was knocking back the beers yesterday also. We were cracking up, wondering how long it would be before he passed out from dehydration and heat stroke. The guy was sweating like crazy and his face was all red. Maybe that's why he left.

Offline Obed_Marsh

"Dance" all you want just don't do it and block the view of people who came to watch a baseball game.

I know the girls that started this group on Facebook.  If you met them, you'd be pretty jealous of Tripp. 

Ah yes, nothing says healthy sexuality and ladies man like aping Michael Jackson's White Glove. :thumbs: ;)