Author Topic: Ken Rosenthal, welcome to my Sh*&^List  (Read 2877 times)

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Re: Ken Rosenthal, welcome to my Sh*&^List
« Reply #25: May 07, 2012, 02:44:48 PM »
Rosenthal was a longtime writer for the Baltimore Sun (five-time Maryland Sportswriter of the Year while there)...not really surprising.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #26: May 07, 2012, 02:44:51 PM »
Yeah, why hasn't Mike Trout (the actually #1 prospect) been thrown at?

Exactly and I don't remember Hayward or Stanton purposely getting drilled just for being Rookie's either. How many times was Buster Posey drilled? Or Freddie Freeman? What about when Ryan was a rooke? Don't remember him ever getting drilled.

WTF is Hamels talking about? He's a retard

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #27: May 07, 2012, 02:47:38 PM »

Lock the thread  ... WPA has struck sanity.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #28: May 07, 2012, 02:52:01 PM »
He hasn't done anything since his call up to warrant getting hit.

The Nationals (or at least Zimmermann) agree you HerndonNat since Hamels was plunked in kind.

This isn't an exact science nor are there hard and fast rules, his motivation could be because he crowded the plate, because his was too emotive on balls and strikes, because of his helmet, because he was trying to show he wouldn't pitch around him like the rest of the rotation, or countless other reasons that lurk in the mind of starting pitcher.

Who cares? From a retribution pespsective it ended when we plunked him back after Bryce stole home. :lol: Hamels will still get suspended for mouthing off. I will be curious to see if anything comes out of it for Rizzo, not exactly ideal GM behavior to start ranting to the media.

Be a freaking fan and jump on the hate train, you're giving the LoD a bad name ;)

Sorry. Happy to plunk them in kind but this is more a pitcher/position player thing than a fan thing. At least to me.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #29: May 07, 2012, 02:55:31 PM »
Brushing the batter back is routine.  Accidentally hitting him during an attempt to do so is routine.  Setting out with the express intent of hitting him and then crowing about it later is definitely not.

The part that irks me is that it seems like Hamels did it just for the hell of it. If Harper had violated some unwritten rule, about not knowing his place or whatever, I may feel differently, depending on the "offense" - but Hamels just said it was a welcome to the league. WTH? Oh, you're 19, good, young, exciting. Here's a fastball at your spine!

Offline HerndonNat

• FSU Football
« Reply #30: May 07, 2012, 02:58:36 PM »
The Nationals (or at least Zimmermann) agree you HerndonNat since Hamels was plunked in kind.

This isn't an exact science nor are there hard and fast rules, his motivation could be because he crowded the plate, because his was too emotive on balls and strikes, because of his helmet, because he was trying to show he wouldn't pitch around him like the rest of the rotation, or countless other reasons that lurk in the mind of starting pitcher.

Who cares? From a retribution pespsective it ended when we plunked him back after Bryce stole home. :lol: Hamels will still get suspended for mouthing off. I will be curious to see if anything comes out of it for Rizzo, not exactly ideal GM behavior to start ranting to the media.

Sorry. Happy to plunk them in kind but this is more a pitcher/position player thing than a fan thing. At least to me.

I agree that some of it might be to show that he wouldn't pitch around Bryce like the rest of the staff had.  That honestly makes perfect sense.  Obviously we as fans are probably making this is in to 1000% more then it is to the players.  They've probably forgotten about it already.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #31: May 07, 2012, 03:01:55 PM »
I agree that some of it might be to show that he wouldn't pitch around Bryce like the rest of the staff had.  That honestly makes perfect sense.  Obviously we as fans are probably making this is in to 1000% more then it is to the players.  They've probably forgotten about it already.

It's that "day off" thing again.   The fans get a day off and we go insane.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #32: May 07, 2012, 03:06:24 PM »

You're passing judgment on fan reaction, that's a fan thing :shrug:

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #33: May 07, 2012, 03:12:09 PM »
Does it help I think we should plunk Victorino and Harrison? :mg:

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #34: May 07, 2012, 03:17:00 PM »
From a retribution pespsective it ended when we plunked him back after Bryce stole home.

No it didn't. He mouthed off about it after the game. And that deserves it's own special brand of comeuppance.

Pretty boy will get his, not to worry.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #35: May 07, 2012, 03:17:47 PM »
Does it help I think we should plunk Victorino and Harrison? :mg:

I dunno, WWKRD?  :P :poke:

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #36: May 07, 2012, 03:19:58 PM »
Rosenthal apparently thinks this is funny because he has that crap-eating grin on his face. Or is that the way he looks all the time?

My big problem with all this when they say that he wasn't trying to him. Hey, he just him in the back. Bullcrap.  You purposely hit somebody with a 93 MPH fastball anywhere and you are trying to hurt him. If he didn't want to hurt him, pitch him inside, you gutless pansy.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #37: May 07, 2012, 03:20:15 PM »
No it didn't. He mouthed off about it after the game. And that deserves it's own special brand comeuppance.

So you'd prefer to plunk Hamels over Victorino or are you advocating plunking them both? This is going to turn into a real rivilarly at this rate.

I would nomiate HRod as our designated plunker.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #38: May 07, 2012, 03:21:46 PM »
So you'd prefer prefer to plunk Hamels over Victorino or are you advocating plunking them both? This is going to turn into a real rivilarly at this rate.

I prefer to go after the pitcher. But if anyone on the roster runs their yap they can move up the chart real fast.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #39: May 07, 2012, 03:25:23 PM »
I'd prefer the overpaid infantile ego maniacs act like ADULTS and not throw things at each other. 

For freak's sakes.

Purposely hitting a guy with a pitch, risking injury, retaliation, brawls, not to mention, purposely putting him on base which could COST YOU THE GAME is so freaking STUPID.

STOP IT

Offline blue911

« Reply #40: May 07, 2012, 03:26:02 PM »
I'd hit Riuz. Every time he came to bat.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #41: May 07, 2012, 03:27:43 PM »
we aren't signing hamels this offseason that's for sure

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #42: May 07, 2012, 03:43:55 PM »
When the crap breaks out I hope the Nats bypass the usual "fake tough guy" routine of huddling up pretending they want to go at each other when all they're doing is standing around acting like someone is actually holding them back and someone actually does a little damage.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #43: May 07, 2012, 03:45:44 PM »
Exactly and I don't remember Hayward or Stanton purposely getting drilled just for being Rookie's either. How many times was Buster Posey drilled? Or Freddie Freeman? What about when Ryan was a rooke? Don't remember him ever getting drilled.

No one has the sack to throw at Stanton.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #44: May 07, 2012, 03:46:34 PM »

Some people would rather Stanton sling his sack at them.   :popcorn:

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #45: May 07, 2012, 03:47:43 PM »

I wouldn't want Harper charging at me either.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #46: May 07, 2012, 04:15:14 PM »

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Offline blue911

« Reply #47: May 07, 2012, 04:18:09 PM »
I wouldn't want Harper charging at me either.

Harper's a big mo-fo. Hard to believe he's only 19

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #48: May 07, 2012, 04:20:27 PM »

hahahahahahahaha MDS

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #49: May 07, 2012, 04:23:03 PM »
:spit: