Author Topic: The Bryce Harper Compendium (2012)  (Read 189262 times)

Offline KingHarper

The Bryce Harper Compendium (2012)
« Topic Start: April 30, 2012, 02:57:13 PM »
"Bryce Harper Compendium" Index:

2012 - http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=26425.0
2013 - http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=32955.0
2014 - http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=30479.0
2015 - http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=32957.0

Might as well make one since we know he isn't going anywhere. No great rookies in the NL either since Trout and Darvish are both in the AL

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: The Bryce Harper Compendium
« Reply #1: April 30, 2012, 03:00:13 PM »
:clap:

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #2: April 30, 2012, 03:04:52 PM »
:lmao: Damn Eeyores. Where is the Washington Nationals world series champions thread?

Offline 114D

« Reply #3: April 30, 2012, 03:07:08 PM »
Matt Carpenter is killing it in St Louis

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #4: April 30, 2012, 03:08:31 PM »
I had no idea the season ended before summer.

Offline blue911

« Reply #5: April 30, 2012, 03:10:41 PM »
I had no idea the season ended before summer.

Probably did it so the Lerners could cheat you out of your season tickets

Offline Tokeydog

• I like beer!
« Reply #6: April 30, 2012, 03:16:46 PM »
Way to jinx him...

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #7: April 30, 2012, 03:26:32 PM »
http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=nl&qual=y&type=8&season=2012&month=0&season1=2012&ind=2&team=0&rost=&age=&players=

Fangraphs link to rookie leaders for the NL. 

Kirk Nieuwenhuis has already accumulated 1 WAR, but his K rate is almost 30% and BABIP is .440.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #8: April 30, 2012, 03:33:46 PM »
What about that Cincy shortstop?  His defensive abilities are ballz-out awesome.

Offline blue911

« Reply #9: April 30, 2012, 03:36:00 PM »
What about that Cincy shortstop?  His defensive abilities are ballz-out awesome.

Cozart? He throws like David Eckstein.

Offline zoom

« Reply #10: April 30, 2012, 03:49:18 PM »
I was watching 'Morning Joe' this morning and Scarborough hammered Harper for his 'punkiness' and made mention of him pushing his helmet off of his head while running to second (on Sat. night).  Also made comments about him taking  a couple of fastballs to the back if he doesn't change (paraphrasing here). 

i was a little surprised, but i guess we can expect more booing for Harper on the road.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #11: April 30, 2012, 04:04:38 PM »
I was watching 'Morning Joe' this morning and Scarborough hammered Harper for his 'punkiness' and made mention of him pushing his helmet off of his head while running to second (on Sat. night).  Also made comments about him taking  a couple of fastballs to the back if he doesn't change (paraphrasing here). 

i was a little surprised, but i guess we can expect more booing for Harper on the road.

I'd hope that if teems start drilling harper, davvey has our pitchers respond in kind

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #12: April 30, 2012, 04:13:18 PM »

THIS IS BASEBALL WE HATE PERSONALITY WE HATE FUN WE WANT EVERY PLAYER TO BE CLEAN CUT NO PERSONALITY VERY BORING RESPECT THE GAME IF YOU HIT YOUR HELMET OFF WHILE RUNNING YOU DESERVE TO BE DECAPITATED WITH A FASTBALL TO THE HEAD WHAT AN jerk WHO DOES THAT

i hope bryce keeps doing what he's doing. freak the darn haters. bryce is fun to watch and everyone else is just jealous he's not on their team.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #13: April 30, 2012, 04:17:52 PM »

freak all these "traditional nages".

THIS IS BASEBALL WE HATE PERSONALITY WE HATE FUN WE WANT EVERY PLAYER TO BE CLEAN CUT NO PERSONALITY VERY BORING RESPECT THE GAME IF YOU HIT YOUR HELMET OFF WHILE RUNNING YOU DESERVE TO BE DECAPITATED WITH A FASTBALL TO THE HEAD WHAT AN jerk WHO DOES THAT

i hope bryce keeps doing what he's doing. freak the darn haters. bryce is fun to watch and everyone else is just jealous he's not on their team.

:worship:

I'd hope that if teems start drilling harper, davvey has our pitchers respond in kind

If that starts to happen I want more than just a few plunkings. I hope they send a strong message that it will not be tolerated from any team for any reason whatsoever. I'm sick of motherfreakers thinking the Nats are a pushover that you can treat any kind of way!   

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #14: April 30, 2012, 04:20:43 PM »

If that starts to happen I want more than just a few plunkings. I hope they send a strong message that it will not be tolerated from any team for any reason whatsoever. I'm sick of motherfreakers thinking the Nats are a pushover that you can treat any kind of way!   (Image removed from quote.)

That's when Tampa started coming together... they started getting in fights with everyone... letting the Sawx and Yankees that they were no longer pushovers.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #15: April 30, 2012, 04:21:13 PM »
That's when Tampa started coming together... they started getting in fights with everyone... letting the Sawx and Yankees that they were no longer pushovers.

Exactly.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #16: April 30, 2012, 04:25:52 PM »

So...bench-clearing brawl this weekend? Holy cow, that'd be awesome.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #17: April 30, 2012, 04:36:35 PM »
again ... so matt kemp or some other dude throws his bat/helmet and watches a home run land and nobody talks about it (ryan howard is the worst at that crap) ... but if bryce harper does it, he's the worst person in the world.

i really don't give a crap whant the espn talking heads - or even fans other teams - say, nobody else should either.

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #18: April 30, 2012, 04:37:30 PM »

Well that could start this week.  The D-Backs were drilling the Nats plenty last year.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #19: April 30, 2012, 04:39:02 PM »
I hope Harper rides an imaginary horse

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #20: April 30, 2012, 04:40:17 PM »
I hope Harper rides an imaginary horse

I hope Harper just has fun out there. Blow a kiss after his first walk-off just to troll the dumbass talking heads on ESPN. Nothing matters except what his teammates think. Let the washed-up has-beens on ESPN criticize Harper for having personality and doing more than they could at age 19.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #21: April 30, 2012, 04:44:54 PM »
I hope Harper just has fun out there. Blow a kiss after his first walk-off just to troll the dumbass talking heads on ESPN. Nothing matters except what his teammates think. Let the washed-up has-beens on ESPN criticize Harper for having personality and doing more than they could at age 19.

exactly. 

and i can see some SBF type of fans who boo will boo him or get upset him, but those are the same people who watch for the president's race and care about team promotions. 

as long as his teammates like him and respect him, that's the only thing that matters (and it sounds like they do).

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #22: April 30, 2012, 04:46:32 PM »
When am I going to get a photo with Ovechkin, Wall, RGIII, Harper and Strasburg?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #23: April 30, 2012, 04:51:37 PM »
When am I going to get a photo with Ovechkin, Wall, RGIII, Harper and Strasburg?

one of those is not like the others

but seriously, the respective teams need to make this happen. bring everyone out to a nats game this summer. ITS PERFECT

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #24: April 30, 2012, 04:52:16 PM »
If I hit a homerun, I'd do the lawnmower dance around the bases. Then my next homerun, I'd spread my arms out and fly around like an airplane.