Author Topic: Hunter Pence missed last night's game due to a shoulder injury  (Read 418 times)

Offline Tim Cullen

Offline Kevrock

• Troll So Hard University
Halladay's velo is reportedly down, also.

Offline JMUalumni

Looks like it could end up being serious:

Will Carroll ‏ @injuryexpert
Phillies sound very concerned about Hunter Pence's shoulder this morning.

Offline houston-nat

Halladay's velo is reportedly down, also.

As much as I hate the Phillies, I don't want anything to happen to Roy Halladay. The man is a god of pitching.

Offline madj55

I hate to see good players that are good guys as well get injured, but since he's on the Phillies I'm not too upset about it..

Online tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
As much as I hate the Phillies, I don't want anything to happen to Roy Halladay. The man is a god of pitching.

Pence is a hell of a player too, and not like he chose the Phillies anyway.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• Champs!
Couldn't be hurt too bad. Hit a HR tonight.

Offline JMUalumni

Update from Carroll today in UTK:

The last thing the Phillies needed was another injury, especially to Pence, who's become the centerpiece of their offense in the absence of ... well, everyone else. Pence injured himself on an attempted catch against the Giants and said that the adrenaline of the moment kept him from realizing he'd hurt himself. It's hard to believe the trainers wouldn't have noticed the play and asked him, but it's also believable that he'd say "nope, I'm fine" when they did. (Indeed, Pence credited the medical staff when asked about it later.) The shoulder was sore the next day and Pence had a precautionary MRI. It must have been nothing, since he was back in the lineup on Tuesday. Was it one of those magical healings? Was Tim Tebow seen in Arizona? The thing to note here is how fast things can change. While some want to fault me for saying that the Phillies were worried on Tuesday morning, things change, sometimes for the better.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/will_carroll/04/25/fantasy-baseball-injury-report/index.html

Online imref

• 1B: The New Hot Corner
Phillies medical staff sucks, look at all the guys who are hurt.

:couch:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• Champs!
Thing is we're not complaining about injuries we're complaining about how this day to day injuries always become 60 day DL stints.