Author Topic: "This medical staff still stinks" thread (2012)  (Read 8378 times)

Offline PC

From Kilgore:

Zimmerman said he could have played – or even pinch-hit if the 10-inning game dragged on – but he and the Nationals both decided to take the precaution of not playing. Zimmerman has no structural damage in his shoulder, a team spokesman said. He said he has not had an MRI on his shoulder and has no plans to undergo the exam.

Why not?  Why not do the MRI?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Why not?  Why not do the MRI?

Somebody call the X-Ray boogieman.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Stupid Nationals.

Do the damn MRI. Better safe than sorry.

Offline Gleason2

Balmer fans are trashing Nick Johnson on their message boards.  Going into yesterday's game, I believe that he still hadn't had a hit this season.  I don't know what he did yesterday.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Wait ... Shoulder? I thought he was sat because of the ball he hit himself during an at bat

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
The Zim story so far is too much like 2008 for my liking.

Offline PC

Again I ask, why wasn't an MRI done before the team went to San Diego?  >:(  And why were they so certain that there was no structural damage with doing an MRI?

This is, without question, the worst medical staff in sports.

Offline DPMOmaha

Offline BerkeleyNat

So this will drag on for another month or so before Zim is finally placed on the DL............

Typical Nats!  :?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Again I ask, why wasn't an MRI done before the team went to San Diego?

MRIs and X-rays are dangerous, remember? :stir:

Offline DPMOmaha

MRIs and X-rays are expensive, remember? :stir:

Fixed

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Fixed

But remember that article about how nice the Nats clubhouse is?!?!

Offline PC

acomak: Ryan Zimmerman said shoulder "still a little sore." It's not a structural shoulder issue, he stressed. AC joint issue, like a jammed finger.
acomak: Zimmerman felt "100 percent" when he tested it throwing but could feel it when he made contact hitting. He's day-to-day right now. #nats
acomak: Tough to put a timetable on things right now for Ryan Zimmerman. Asked if it'd be a DL situation he said, "I don't think it should be."

Is there any place where this is considered competent medical care? Does Ryan Zimmerman have a medical degree?  Why are they accepting HIS diagnosis?

Offline DPMOmaha

But remember that article about how nice the Nats clubhouse is?!?!

nope

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Adam Kilgore ‏ @AdamKilgoreWP

Ryan Zimmerman says he has an AC joint sprain in his shoulder. He can throws "100 percent" and "no structural damage." Had an x-ray, no MRI.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Is there any place where this is considered competent medical care? Does Ryan Zimmerman have a medical degree?  Why are they accepting HIS diagnosis?

Do you have a medical degree?

Offline PC

Do you have a medical degree?

I'm also not diagnosing him though I could just as well as what they're doing.  I'm calling for minimally competent medical care. "There's no structural damage just cuz" ain't it.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
The good news about the Nats (whether it's their medical staff or management or luck) is that they're consistent enough that we know what will happen - Zim will be with the team for most of this trip, constantly a day or so from playing, feeling better all the time.  Then he'll feel something strange or suffer a setback during a workout, so he'll head back east ahead of the team to have tests done.  Whether he goes on the DL after the first or second re-testing is up in the air. 

Offline Rasta

MRI tonight in SD per Kilgore.

Adam Kilgore ‏ @AdamKilgoreWP
Ryan Zimmerman will go for an MRI tonight on his shoulder, per Davey Johnson. Nats fear a strain. "I don't have a good feeling," Davey said.

Zim's contract won't end well if he misses big chunks of time every year.  He needs to stay healthy.

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
Should have traded him. He's injury prone. 100+ mil well spent. Could have had Fielder.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
If hammonds says anything else about the Nats' medical staff not being that bad, I'm going to junk punch him.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
That kind of injury lingers. Who was the poster that whined about those among the fanbase that always fear the worst when it comes to injuries with this team?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Should have traded him. He's injury prone. 100+ mil well spent. Could have had Fielder.

One of those statements is directly contradictory to the other three.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Noble or lostyode... Or someone like that.

Offline epic_phalanx

Freaking ridiculous that it took this long to get an MRI. Mind boggling.