Author Topic: Strasburg in October..  (Read 46521 times)

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude
Re: Strasburg in October..
« Reply #950: August 22, 2012, 04:38:39 PM »

Yeah but what are you going to do about it? Whine like a baby or sack up and play?

That was my only point.

Really good post though ...

*Rocky and Bullwinkle would know

I can't do both?  ;) You're right, of course, but if I just accepted it and moved on, then I'd have to work instead of writing five-paragraph posts on a message board.  Nobody wants that.  ;)

I admit, it was hard watching Stras last night in the context of the shutdown.  He was so dominant last night that there wasn't a lineup in MLB that could have beat him in any circumstance.  The Yankees weren't touching his stuff last night, the Rangers weren't.  That was Right Arm of God kind of stuff - and that makes me sympathetic to "Man, I wish we weren't going to shut him down."  It'll be what it is, and I hope the other guys take it as a "win it for Stras" point, but boy it'd be great to see WS Game 1 Stras v. CC showdown. 

I guess that's where I land ultimately - Playoffs should be all about "You bring your best, I'll bring my best, and we'll see what happens."  And what we're doing (for reasons I ultimately understand) is more like "We'll bring our best except for a guy who's SO GOOD we're afraid he might break."  I get it, but it's a bit like eating a salad tonight instead of the burger I want.  Good for me long-term, but not so great short-term.  Sure, I might get to eat the burger later, but still...

Which reminds me - Wimpy might know. Whether he does or not, he'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

Hey! Wait!  Rizzo is the anti-Wimpy!  He'll gladly pay you NOW for a hamburger on Tuesday!  :lol: