Author Topic: How do I watch Nats games on iPad if I live in DC?  (Read 4731 times)

Offline 114D

Seems like MLB.tv and related apps only give you access to every game except Nats and Orioles

Offline HalfSmokes

check to see if your cable company has an app- but even then it might be blacked out

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Weren't there devices like slingbox or something that let you wifi anything you could watch on your TV?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Couldn't you just use a proxy?

Offline HalfSmokes

Weren't there devices like slingbox or something that let you wifi anything you could watch on your TV?

That actually will work- it's the whole point of sling box

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Let's hope you have an unlimited data plan, too.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Let's hope you have an unlimited data plan, too.

If you're at home it uses wi-fi, no data plan needed.

Offline 1995hoo

If you're at home, why would you watch it on an iPad instead of the regular TV, except perhaps if you have to take a dump and you don't have a DVR?

Offline 114D

Mostly I'd watch in situations where I couldn't watch tv at home or more likely elsewhere

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Is there a monthly fee for Slingbox?

Offline Obed_Marsh

No fees for slingbox but you'll need a Mac or Windows PC.

Offline sportsfan882

Slingbox works great, use mine all the time

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Does it work on an Android phone? :)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Does it work on an Android phone? :)

If you are referring to slingbox, then yes, it looks like they also have android apps.

Offline SkinsNDeacs

No fees for slingbox but you'll need a Mac or Windows PC.

Not true.  Slingbox works great on iphone, ipad or android. 

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
You guys have got me thinking seriously about getting a slingbox...  Aside from the initial cost, what complications or pitfalls are there?

Offline sportsfan882

You guys have got me thinking seriously about getting a slingbox...  Aside from the initial cost, what complications or pitfalls are there?
You need to have high speed internet and a wired in connection to run to the box. I recommend the HD one for better quality, I just have the standard Slingbox solo. Quality isn't superb but it's not bad at all.

Offline The Chief

You need to have high speed internet and a wired in connection to run to the box. I recommend the HD one for better quality, I just have the standard Slingbox solo. Quality isn't superb but it's not bad at all.

I'm sure it's still better than MASN SD broadcasts :lol:

If you have specs on the Solo's streaming quality though that'd be helpful.  Wikipedia also has a small bullet about some people having "hardware problems" with the Solo.  Not sure if serious concern or not.

Can you still watch your actual TV while streaming it with the Slingbox, or is it either/or?

Offline SkinsNDeacs

I know this sounds like hyperbole but I honestly don't know what my life would be like without slingbox.  WELL WORTH IT.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
 :doh:

:old:  Back in my day we didn't try to watch a game on a 2" screen.  :crazy:  We went into the nearest bar and bent the bartender's ear until he put the game on.  Not only that, they sell beer there too!  Though, sometimes you actually have to talk to other people!      :old:

Offline The Chief

:old:  Back in my day we didn't try to watch a game on a 2" screen.  :crazy:  We went into the nearest bar and bent the bartender's ear until he put the game on.  Not only that, they sell beer there too!  Though, sometimes you actually have to talk to other people!      :old:

I guess you didn't take two seconds to read what the Slingbox does on Wikipedia :P

I'd mostly be using it to watch games on my PC when I'm not home.  Very seriously doubt I would bother paying the additional $30 for the mobile app.

So for my purposes, it's either

(A) $125 for MLB.tv every year, and then have to proxy to even use it, or

(B) Slingbox for $179 once, use anywhere any time.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.

Oh, you were high class with one of those 7" sets?

Offline sportsfan882

I'm sure it's still better than MASN SD broadcasts :lol:

If you have specs on the Solo's streaming quality though that'd be helpful.  Wikipedia also has a small bullet about some people having "hardware problems" with the Solo.  Not sure if serious concern or not.

Can you still watch your actual TV while streaming it with the Slingbox, or is it either/or?
I don't know of the exact quality but per their site it's "DVD quality". I haven't had any hardware problems, it's been really reliable and I've had mine for about a year and a half.

Yes you can watch the same TV and slingbox at same time. I had to create some special audio cables so my surround sound and slingbox could play the sound at the same time and so I didn't have to deal with switching cables around constantly.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I guess you didn't take two seconds to read what the Slingbox does on Wikipedia :P

:lol:

I ignored the slingbox comment, because it was sanity!   :clap:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Oh, you were high class with one of those 7" sets?

If only it had been in color.   :-[