Author Topic: REI  (Read 2380 times)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: REI
« Reply #75: March 29, 2012, 09:29:09 PM »
  It seems like banks and drug stores are the big thing nowadays.  The Fuddruckers in Annandale is closing next month, and what's going in it's spot?  A frickin' Walgreens...

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

No .... that's like my childhood leaving ....

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #76: March 29, 2012, 11:10:50 PM »

I think of that place as the Fuddruckers that went in where Three Chefs was when I was a kid.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #77: March 29, 2012, 11:30:41 PM »

That must have been one of the original Fuddrucker's, at least around here, as it opened in 1985.  I loved going there as a kid and I'll be sad to see it go.  I can't believe they're putting a Walgreen's in there with at least four other pharmacies in the immediate vicinity (Giant, Safeway, CVS, Kmart).

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #78: March 29, 2012, 11:53:45 PM »
is HI Ribsters still there?

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #79: March 30, 2012, 09:03:56 AM »
is HI Ribsters still there?

No, that closed several years ago and it's (no surprise here) a Korean joint.

There's been no confirmation about whether it's true that Fuddruckers is closing because the Koreans thought the entry on the menu for "Hot Dogs" meant something else.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #80: March 30, 2012, 01:13:21 PM »

There's been no confirmation about whether it's true that Fuddruckers is closing because the Koreans thought the entry on the menu for "Hot Dogs" meant something else.

doesn't that belong in the "that's racist" thread?

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #81: March 30, 2012, 01:37:08 PM »
That is a serious upgrade.  Glorified fast food << bulgoki

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #82: March 30, 2012, 02:29:23 PM »
That must have been one of the original Fuddrucker's, at least around here, as it opened in 1985.  I loved going there as a kid and I'll be sad to see it go.  I can't believe they're putting a Walgreen's in there with at least four other pharmacies in the immediate vicinity (Giant, Safeway, CVS, Kmart).

Me too.

They had this Philipino woman who made THE BEST milkshakes I've ever had. My Dad and I would always vote for Fudd's just so we could get the milkshakes. When she left, it wasn't the same.

And I liked Ribsters. They were one of the first places that offered free refills when I was a kid.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #83: April 05, 2012, 11:00:50 AM »
Another possibility I didn't think of earlier: Fairfax's Cross County Trail. ....[/url]

Following up on my comment before about the Cross County Trail, here are a few pictures I took last week on the southernmost part of the trail. (Southern trailhead is at the end of Wadebrook Terrace, off Pohick Road immediately west of its overpass above I-95.) I went about 2.4 miles before turning around. Pictures are in order from south to north and were all taken using an iPhone camera around mid-afternoon on a weekday. There were actually four deer along the trail when I took that final picture, but they ran into the woods before I got close enough to get a good picture. Too bad I didn't have the SLR with me.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #84: April 05, 2012, 06:37:19 PM »
Following up on my comment before about the Cross County Trail,

Mid county that trail gets pretty small at times, and there are numerous fallen trees across it.