Author Topic: Jose Canseco's Twitter  (Read 1227 times)

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Re: Jose Canseco's Twitter
« Reply #1: March 01, 2012, 09:54:25 PM »
Prepare to be depressed:

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/twitter-tuesday/tt02-28-12.php

Honestly, next to the Iron Shek's Twitter, Canseco's is the one I look forward to reading.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2: March 01, 2012, 09:55:09 PM »
I just can't hate Jose. 

Online imref

« Reply #3: March 01, 2012, 09:56:31 PM »
Honestly, next to the Iron Shek's Twitter, Canseco's is the one I look forward to reading.

The Iron Sheik and George Takei's twitter are both amazing.  Has Stern ever gotten the two of them in the same room together?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #4: March 01, 2012, 09:58:58 PM »
Jose has no one to blame but his own dumbass self.  It's really too bad that A&E documentary on Canseco has never reaired or shown up on Netflix or YouTube.  Dude is still the same delusional windbag he was 20 years ago.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #5: March 01, 2012, 10:00:24 PM »
Jose has no one to blame but his own dumbass self.  It's really too bad that A&E documentary on Canseco has never reaired or shown up on Netflix or YouTube.  Dude is still the same delusional windbag he was 20 years ago.

But time and again his claims have been proven fundamentally right.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #6: March 01, 2012, 10:01:30 PM »
But time and again his claims have been proven fundamentally right.

That he was an idiot that pissed away over $50m?  He can be right about juicing and still be a maroon that pissed away a fortune being a total baboon.  The two can be mutually exclusive.

« Reply #7: March 01, 2012, 10:02:28 PM »
The guy is an absolute nut and I am surprised he hasn't killed someone yet.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #8: March 01, 2012, 10:03:40 PM »
The guy is an absolute nut and I am surprised he hasn't killed someone yet.

He's certainly tried.  Personally, I love that he uses a still from the fight where he got destroyed as his Twatter background.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #9: March 01, 2012, 10:04:40 PM »
That dinger off of his head has to be one of the best baseball moments of the modern era.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #10: March 01, 2012, 10:05:59 PM »
He and FP mixed up right after FP signed with MASN right?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #11: March 01, 2012, 10:06:05 PM »
That dinger off of his head has to be one of the best baseball moments of the modern era.

Up there with him blowing his elbow out pitching in a blowout.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #12: March 01, 2012, 10:06:22 PM »
He and FP mixed up right after FP signed with MASN right?

At the Playboy Mansion.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #13: March 01, 2012, 10:06:54 PM »
That he was an idiot that pissed away over $50m?  He can be right about juicing and still be a maroon that pissed away a fortune being a total baboon.  The two can be mutually exclusive.

Tell me something I don't already know.  Yes, he's a pathetic human being, but I don't mistake that for evil.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #14: March 01, 2012, 10:07:43 PM »
Tell me something I don't already know.  Yes, he's a pathetic human being, but I don't mistake that for evil.

Who said he was evil?

Offline Coladar

« Reply #15: March 02, 2012, 02:46:21 AM »
Canseco is an interesting person to judge. In real life, I'm sure he's an obnoxious douchebag you can't stand. But from a public perception, he's made such outrageous claims and been slandered for them, then proven right, and taken such a strong stand, that you have to have some respect for him. Also, seeing him on The Surreal Life, he's not so obnoxious as to not mind poking fun at himself. I think he's just arrogant and violent, a macho man, but you have to understand how from a celebrity, public media perception, some people have a positive view of him, particularly considering the cost and ridicule he faced with his book and coming out with the truth about steroids.

Not a defense of him, I agree, I couldn't stand him if I met him. But I understand totally how some have a positive view of him, because he does have a few very strong positives in addition to very area negatives.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #16: March 02, 2012, 07:26:12 AM »
In real life, I'm sure he's an obnoxious douchebag you can't stand.

Quite the opposite.  It's too bad "Last Shot with Jose Canseco" hasn't reaired or surfaced on the interwebz or you'd get a decent glimpse into his sad, empty life.  Guy is just a mental midget that pissed away a chance to be something special instead of a snitch nag and juicer.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #17: March 02, 2012, 07:42:15 AM »
I once tried to get an autograph after a game once.  A kid told me he charges $5 for just Canseco and an additional charge for Jose!  The guy is pathetic.  I saw an expose on him on Espn.  His life really has gone downhill and like other addicts has gone back on and off peds.  The guy wants to work in Baseball but no one will hire him!  Believes hes too good to work at anything else!

He still has his fans though.  He's been at the Memoribilia show at Chantilly a few times.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #18: March 02, 2012, 07:50:24 AM »
Quite the opposite.  It's too bad "Last Shot with Jose Canseco" hasn't reaired or surfaced on the interwebz or you'd get a decent glimpse into his sad, empty life.  Guy is just a mental midget that pissed away a chance to be something special instead of a snitch nag and juicer.

Surprising... like I said, I saw him on the Surreal Life, but other than that I haven't seen much of the real guy. He did seem cool and down to earth on that show, but likewise I've read enough controversies surrounding him that gave the impression he was likely to be an arrogant jackass in real life. Sounds like he's got a crappy life now though, decent guy or not.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #19: March 02, 2012, 07:51:36 AM »
He's just a pathetic person with a low IQ.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #20: March 02, 2012, 09:20:18 AM »
So what does that make Mark McGwire?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #21: March 02, 2012, 09:24:41 AM »
So what does that make Mark McGwire?

Just to echo something Canseco's ghostwriter tried to say but didn't - McGwire has the complexion for protection.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #22: March 02, 2012, 09:36:51 AM »

He's a total idiot. I feel bad for him.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #23: March 02, 2012, 09:44:16 AM »
He's a total idiot. I feel bad for him.

You know, you're right.  I do kind of pity Jose - guy just never seemed to have the mental capacity to say no.  Pretty sad story too, I loved him when I was a kid.  I feel sorry for his daughter.

Online imref

« Reply #24: March 07, 2012, 09:19:28 PM »
On MLB on XM tonight they said Canseco's effort to play in the Mexican league has come to an end when he refused to take a drug test.  Apparently he didn't realize that the Mexican leagues are affiliated with MLB and have a drug testing program.