Author Topic: Washington Redskins Thread (2012)  (Read 96569 times)

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Re: Washington Redskins Thread (2012)
« Reply #775: September 09, 2012, 06:34:58 PM »
RG3 is a monster

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #776: September 09, 2012, 07:16:11 PM »
#10 with a score of 10 each quarter.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #777: September 09, 2012, 08:36:20 PM »
hahahahaha suck it MDS and slateman

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #778: September 09, 2012, 08:38:08 PM »
Saints seem to be stunned without Payton - I'm genuinely surprised

he's a great coach.  brees guys around him didn't have a good day.  saints D looked bad too.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #779: September 09, 2012, 08:40:34 PM »
saints D looked bad too.
They don't have the extra monetary motivation anymore.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #780: September 09, 2012, 09:03:50 PM »
hahahahaha suck it MDS and slateman

One swallow doesn't make a summer.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #781: September 09, 2012, 09:04:48 PM »
It might in the pictures industry. Summer Swallows is a great pictures name.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #782: September 09, 2012, 10:06:53 PM »

I suppose it depends. For instance, if the chick that did the swallowing is an 8.5 or above I would consider it a pretty successful summer.   ;)

It's too bad Jamarcus Russell RGIII isn't as good as Brandon "the real deal" Weeden or Colt "the real" McCoy.    :lmao:

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #783: September 09, 2012, 10:07:43 PM »
SPIDEY!

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #784: September 09, 2012, 10:36:09 PM »
I suppose it depends. For instance, if the chick that did the swallowing is an 8.5 or above I would consider it a pretty successful summer.   ;)

It's too bad Jamarcus Russell RGIII isn't as good as Brandon "the real deal" Weeden or Colt "the real" McCoy.    :lmao:

:lmao: I missed you bro!

Hey, I thought there was no way RGIII would fit into the Shanny scheme ;) He looked great, but let's not get carried away. It's a long season. I was most impressed by his poise and decision making. Not only that, but it was as though the Shanny's were calling plays that fit the roster... what's with that?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #785: September 09, 2012, 10:44:45 PM »
:lmao: I missed you bro!

Hey, I thought there was no way RGIII would fit into the Shanny scheme ;) He looked great, but let's not get carried away. It's a long season. I was most impressed by his poise and decision making. Not only that, but it was as though the Shanny's were calling plays that fit the roster... what's with that?

Maybe you have the wrong poster in mind but my stance was that while I believe that Luck was the better fit for the Shanahan system that Griffin is a far cry from Mike Vick and Vince Young and therefore not to be considered a square peg in a round hole as far as fitting into the system. But there's no question that today they tailored some of the playcalling to fit Griffin's skill set.  :clap:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #786: September 09, 2012, 11:46:41 PM »
how did the browns do today tribe time?

need more cleveland updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #787: September 09, 2012, 11:59:16 PM »
RGIII kinda has me interested in football again.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #788: September 10, 2012, 11:27:47 AM »
RGIII was pretty good but he wasn't as good as Weeden was horrific.  Another win for TribeTime.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #789: September 10, 2012, 05:47:40 PM »
From the top, Griffin was extremely well prepared and poised and considering the circumstances much props to Griffin and the Shanahans. The offensive line played relatively well considering they didn’t get much time to play as a unit before the opener. But they have played together in the past so they know how to communicate well with each other. Chester was really good. Chester is tailored to the zone blocking scheme. He is powerful and athletic and can get to the second level on running plays. Liechtensteiger and Montgomery were solid and considering Liechtensteiger was hurt that was a welcome surprise. Polumbus didn’t hurt the cause plus he avoided penalties of any kind. Williams played with controlled anger. He was killing defenders to end plays. I don’t know what happened but for one first down in the 4th quarter Jordan Black came in to sub for Williams for one play. You can actually see Williams standing on the sidelines watching but he came back in on the very next play so who knows what that was about. The TE’s blocked well also. The RB’s also played their asses off especially in blitz pickups (Helu is the best of the 3 at this point in pass protection and in my opinion is the best all around RB for now). Morris has good vision and deceptive quickness but you gotta love his power. The ball was spread around but that may have been the result of Garcon getting hurt. I like to see the ball spread around to keep the defense honest. Griffin may become a nightmare for defenses because the threat he poses with his legs freezes LB’s and puts DB’s in vulnerable positions. That’s when they make mistakes in coverage or just straight up get burned. If the OL can protect Griffin we should see more big plays downfield in the passing game. What’s encouraging is that I don’t believe Griffin and the WR’s are completely on the same page yet. It will come with experience so the pasing game has room to improve. Also, this offense has lacked the ability to draw pass interference penalties in the past (which kill and demoralize defenses) but hopefully that's a thing of the past. Drawing pass interference penalties are huge in generating TD's. Although Griffin was somewhat of an unknown so it remains to be seen if the league will have a better gauge on how to attack our offense once the cycle of 4 games gets around the league. He needs to learn that not every play has to be downfield. Sometimes he has to accept a dump pass that results in a first down and forego the deep pass that could be an incompletion or worse especially when you factor in the down and distance. A good example was the play where he junked the deep pass on a second and short to throw a beautiful touch pass to Helu for a first down. A bad example was when he threw a bomb to Robinson on a 4th and inches. It resulted in a pass interference penalty against NO but it was a bad call by the refs and the ball should’ve been turned over on downs. Griffin ended up getting lucky on that mistake.

The defense tackled well and collectively. Props to Hasslett and to Rahim Morris. The DL was really good in blocking passes and reacting to the offense. It helps to have Fletcher. With this scheme and with the versatility of guys like Bowen, Jenkins, Orakpo and Kerrigan they can go into a game with one fewer lineman which opens up a key roster spot somewhere else. Carriker looked active so it looks like he is finally returning to form from the injury. Bowen was fantastic. The OLB’s seem finally comfortable in the scheme and look much more comfortable in space. Kerrigan and Orakpo should create problems for QB’s in upcoming games, especially when they dog from an overload side. They did get burned on the blitz a couple of times so they need to get that ironed out. Cedric Griffin played a good game which was a nice surprise. His strip that saved a TD and led to a touchback and change of possession is being overlooked as one of the biggest plays that turned the game around. Josh Wilson was good but he’s still soft and left the game a couple of times after a tackle only to return on the next play. There’s talk that “Crystal” Otagwe may be brought back because of the injury to safety Jordan Bernstine. They have to cut out the stupid penalties. Williams did some good things but he had a horrible penalty and also got burned on a 4th and 10 for a TD because he was peeking into the backfield from 30 freaking yards out! That was disgusting! I think up tempo offenses can cause them problems in the secondary though so it’s imperative to get Merriweather back soon. The most important element of this defense is LONDON freakING FLETCHER! (BTW, NO TE Jimmy Graham is a nightmare to defend)

They had far too many penalties and miscues on special teams. Robert Jackson was too eager to get downfield to cover a punt and it ended up getting the punt blocked (on that play if you slow down the replay you can see the hit that broke Sundberg’s left arm). Rocca mishandled a snap that led to a penalty. Banks put the ball on the ground twice (again). But Cundiff was soild.

Offline PC

« Reply #790: September 10, 2012, 07:49:22 PM »
Bryce Harper ‏@Bharper3407

Congrats to @RGIII for a great start to his NFL career! It's great to have him here in DC! God bless and continued success! #stud #hesreal

Offline Clever

« Reply #791: September 10, 2012, 07:53:50 PM »
I thought he hated the Redskins.

Offline CALSGR8

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #794: September 10, 2012, 08:54:07 PM »
A lot of teams were Tebowing.  No problem here.  I just think its funny that RGs first touchdown reaction is going viral in DC!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #795: September 10, 2012, 10:13:59 PM »

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #796: September 10, 2012, 10:27:27 PM »
too long; no one cares

I thought it was very well done.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #797: September 11, 2012, 12:18:47 AM »
From the top, Griffin was extremely well prepared and poised and considering the circumstances much props to Griffin and the Shanahans. The offensive line played relatively well considering they didn’t get much time to play as a unit before the opener. But they have played together in the past so they know how to communicate well with each other. Chester was really good. Chester is tailored to the zone blocking scheme. He is powerful and athletic and can get to the second level on running plays. Liechtensteiger and Montgomery were solid and considering Liechtensteiger was hurt that was a welcome surprise. Polumbus didn’t hurt the cause plus he avoided penalties of any kind. Williams played with controlled anger. He was killing defenders to end plays. I don’t know what happened but for one first down in the 4th quarter Jordan Black came in to sub for Williams for one play. You can actually see Williams standing on the sidelines watching but he came back in on the very next play so who knows what that was about. The TE’s blocked well also. The RB’s also played their asses off especially in blitz pickups (Helu is the best of the 3 at this point in pass protection and in my opinion is the best all around RB for now). Morris has good vision and deceptive quickness but you gotta love his power. The ball was spread around but that may have been the result of Garcon getting hurt. I like to see the ball spread around to keep the defense honest. Griffin may become a nightmare for defenses because the threat he poses with his legs freezes LB’s and puts DB’s in vulnerable positions. That’s when they make mistakes in coverage or just straight up get burned. If the OL can protect Griffin we should see more big plays downfield in the passing game. What’s encouraging is that I don’t believe Griffin and the WR’s are completely on the same page yet. It will come with experience so the pasing game has room to improve. Also, this offense has lacked the ability to draw pass interference penalties in the past (which kill and demoralize defenses) but hopefully that's a thing of the past. Drawing pass interference penalties are huge in generating TD's. Although Griffin was somewhat of an unknown so it remains to be seen if the league will have a better gauge on how to attack our offense once the cycle of 4 games gets around the league. He needs to learn that not every play has to be downfield. Sometimes he has to accept a dump pass that results in a first down and forego the deep pass that could be an incompletion or worse especially when you factor in the down and distance. A good example was the play where he junked the deep pass on a second and short to throw a beautiful touch pass to Helu for a first down. A bad example was when he threw a bomb to Robinson on a 4th and inches. It resulted in a pass interference penalty against NO but it was a bad call by the refs and the ball should’ve been turned over on downs. Griffin ended up getting lucky on that mistake.

The defense tackled well and collectively. Props to Hasslett and to Rahim Morris. The DL was really good in blocking passes and reacting to the offense. It helps to have Fletcher. With this scheme and with the versatility of guys like Bowen, Jenkins, Orakpo and Kerrigan they can go into a game with one fewer lineman which opens up a key roster spot somewhere else. Carriker looked active so it looks like he is finally returning to form from the injury. Bowen was fantastic. The OLB’s seem finally comfortable in the scheme and look much more comfortable in space. Kerrigan and Orakpo should create problems for QB’s in upcoming games, especially when they dog from an overload side. They did get burned on the blitz a couple of times so they need to get that ironed out. Cedric Griffin played a good game which was a nice surprise. His strip that saved a TD and led to a touchback and change of possession is being overlooked as one of the biggest plays that turned the game around. Josh Wilson was good but he’s still soft and left the game a couple of times after a tackle only to return on the next play. There’s talk that “Crystal” Otagwe may be brought back because of the injury to safety Jordan Bernstine. They have to cut out the stupid penalties. Williams did some good things but he had a horrible penalty and also got burned on a 4th and 10 for a TD because he was peeking into the backfield from 30 freaking yards out! That was disgusting! I think up tempo offenses can cause them problems in the secondary though so it’s imperative to get Merriweather back soon. The most important element of this defense is LONDON freakING FLETCHER! (BTW, NO TE Jimmy Graham is a nightmare to defend)

They had far too many penalties and miscues on special teams. Robert Jackson was too eager to get downfield to cover a punt and it ended up getting the punt blocked (on that play if you slow down the replay you can see the hit that broke Sundberg’s left arm). Rocca mishandled a snap that led to a penalty. Banks put the ball on the ground twice (again). But Cundiff was soild.

Very well thought out Spidey. I also was impressed with the line play on both sides of the ball. The Dline had looked good in the preseason and that's putting it mildly, but I figured hey, it's preseason. But wow, they were pretty much living in the offensive backfield. With the kind of push up the middle we got, Orakpo and Kerrigan should have nice seasons. I was surprised with how well over all the secondary played. Gomes stood out to me. It's not as though they can't be better, but they did better than I expected. I was hoping for a close game, or at least respectable but for me to say I thought we'd win would be a downright lie. I really think Griffin might be as good as thought. I'm not saying he'll be Cam Newton or anything, but as far as developing into an elite qb, I think it's very very possible. Early returns are looking good on the trade. But it is only week 1, temper my enthusiasm.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #798: September 12, 2012, 05:19:09 PM »
Some of these guys that go on television or radio to sound off as experts are a joke. I didn't get the name of the dude that was on but he claimed that Haslett schemed Dejean Gomes to cover Jimmy Graham in the Redskins victory (he even said he reviewed the tape, which I guess adds weight to his point :?) and that Gomes "covered Graham for the overwhelming majority of snaps". By my count Gomes covered Graham for 15 out of 55 snaps. Maybe we watched two different games but I wouldn't call less than 30% of the snaps "the overwhelming majority".

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #799: September 12, 2012, 05:49:07 PM »
You have the all 22s?