Author Topic: The Cycling Thread - 2012 Edition  (Read 43877 times)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Re: The Cycling Thread - 2012 Edition
« Reply #875: August 24, 2012, 09:30:36 AM »
Doesn't really change my opinion of him.

1- He's a prick.
2- His overcoming really bad cancer was as courageous as it gets.
3- Sure he was doping, they ALL were doping.  Was he doping more successfully or did that just level the playing field, whereupon he distinguished himself from peers through his training and heart?   Can't tell.
4- 7 TDF wins.  Tainted?  Yes, but can't really judge how much.  Not as much as Bonds, more than FP.

I used to be a Lance apologist but he's just too insufferable of an jerk for me not to cheer at him *potentially* getting his titles taken away and being labeled as a cheater.  And before some of you start crying about how I love Barry Bonds but hate Lance - Bonds was a HOF player BEFORE the roids, Lance was just a prick loser on his way to the glue factory before he started doping.  Maybe this will be what makes Lance finally decide to stop being a raging jerk but I doubt it.

I still applaud him for giving it a go after what he went through with cancer and would have continued to look the other way had he had an ounce of humility. As it stands - you got exactly why you deserved Lance, go freak yourself.