Author Topic: I Support Bryce Harper Petition  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Bloo

I Support Bryce Harper Petition
« Topic Start: February 01, 2012, 10:55:46 AM »
I remember reading the SI Article written by Tom Verducci back in the summer that gave an inside look on Harper's path to the big leagues. What really struck a chord with me was the negativity and hostility toward Bryce was so rampant that even the beer garden section in Hagerstown consistently jeered at the kid. One guy who was a voice of reason in the article was Brian Daubach, who couldn't believe that people couldn't appreciate that someone that talented and excited playing for such a small town. But what really demonstrates Harper's character was the final quote in the article by Bryce:"I'm not going to complain about anything," he says. "I'm doing something I love to do. I'm not going to say, 'I hate the media, I hate this, I hate that.' Because I have a life I really love. I get to do something I really love doing. I wouldn't take anything back at all."

If that right there isn't enough to convince people Bryce is a genuine, compassionate guy who is really appreciative for the opportunity, I don't know what is. I support Bryce 100% in his endeavors in Washington and I truly think it was God's will that Bryce ended up in DC.

Source: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1188679/3/index.htm

Offline Bloo

Re: I Support Bryce Harper Petition
« Reply #1: February 01, 2012, 10:56:48 AM »
Hey, he might make the team out of Spring Training. Da meat Hook gets a thread in the main section but Bryce gets relegated to the farm?

Offline ZimW1N

• ResignSoto2025
« Reply #2: February 01, 2012, 11:00:34 AM »
I have some weird form of completely platonic gay love for Harper. I got a Harper jersey for Xmas and can't wait to sport it when I get to Nationals park

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #3: February 01, 2012, 11:09:37 AM »
Who doesn't support Harper?

Offline Bloo

« Reply #4: February 01, 2012, 11:12:51 AM »
Who doesn't support Harper?

Pretty much anyone who isn't a Nationals fan(and it seems to be not the entirety.)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #5: February 01, 2012, 11:14:08 AM »
Pretty much anyone who isn't a Nationals fan(and it seems to be not the entirety.)

Ok. Who doesn't support Harper, that also posts on WNFF?

Offline blue911

« Reply #6: February 01, 2012, 11:20:03 AM »
He should have called Snyder a nag and threatened to pimp slap his ass.  :pimp:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #7: February 01, 2012, 12:31:41 PM »
He should have called Snyder a nag and threatened to pimp slap his ass.  :pimp:

Cowboy fans have no room to talk about ownership.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #8: February 01, 2012, 04:14:00 PM »
I remember reading the SI Article written by Tom Verducci back in the summer that gave an inside look on Harper's path to the big leagues. What really struck a chord with me was the negativity and hostility toward Bryce was so rampant that even the beer garden section in Hagerstown consistently jeered at the kid. One guy who was a voice of reason in the article was Brian Daubach, who couldn't believe that people couldn't appreciate that someone that talented and excited playing for such a small town. But what really demonstrates Harper's character was the final quote in the article by Bryce:"I'm not going to complain about anything," he says. "I'm doing something I love to do. I'm not going to say, 'I hate the media, I hate this, I hate that.' Because I have a life I really love. I get to do something I really love doing. I wouldn't take anything back at all."

If that right there isn't enough to convince people Bryce is a genuine, compassionate guy who is really appreciative for the opportunity, I don't know what is. I support Bryce 100% in his endeavors in Washington and I truly think it was God's will that Bryce ended up in DC.

Source: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1188679/3/index.htm

The haters will always hate, they will always ignore stories like this, they will ignore the facts like this kid is a good guy who loves what he's doing.

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #9: February 01, 2012, 04:14:59 PM »
Some want him traded, which I find incredible.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #10: February 01, 2012, 07:48:04 PM »
I expect he will be traded sooner than we all wish.
Some want him traded, which I find incredible.