Author Topic: WP: Nats MASN deal renegotations will have a huge impact  (Read 205633 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Imagine the kinds of posts we'd see on WNFF if the Orioles moved to Montreal and adopted the Expos colors/name.

I might become a fan.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Imagine the kinds of posts we'd see on WNFF if the Orioles moved to Montreal and adopted the Expos colors/name.
Would people honestly give a crap?

Offline Count Walewski

Would people honestly give a crap?

Certainly, a large number of members would feel it necessary to post in very authoritative tone that they do not give a crap.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Certainly, a large number of members would feel it necessary to post in very authoritative tone that they do not give a crap.

:spit:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

That would be good. They can have all the expos history and free up space from the ring of honor at Nationals Park.

Offline UMDNats

That would be good. They can have all the expos history and free up space from the ring of honor at Nationals Park.

didn't we just put pudge in the ring of honor? that is hilarious. our ring of honor is incredible.

Offline Senatorswin

didn't we just put pudge in the ring of honor? that is hilarious. our ring of honor is incredible.

Our ring of honor is ridiculous. The three Nationals are:

Pudge - Played here two mediocre years.
Frank Robinson - An icon in Baltimore but nothing more than a manager for a couple of years in DC. Not his fault they were a losing team but he's not DC, he's Baltimore.
Jason Werth - Only three of his seven years were productive. The other four he was not good. What a joke.

Who makes these decisions?

Offline Natsinpwc

Frank Robinson - An icon in Baltimore but nothing more than a manager for a couple of years in DC. Not his fault they were a losing team but he's not DC, he's Baltimore.
Jason Werth - Only three of his seven years were productive. The other four he was not good. What a joke.

They’ve only been here 14 seasons. Who do you think deserves it?

Offline spidernat

huge mistake

Offline spidernat

Zimmerman should've been the first.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession

Ring Lardner makes all DC decisions on rings of honor. He delagated that to Shirley Povich, who passed it onto Boz.  I am betting Svrluga gets it next.

Offline Natsinpwc

So basically no one now.

Offline hotshot

Zimmerman -- no. Stras, no. Ring of Honor should be for elite performers. Scherzer would be a good start when the time comes.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Zimmerman -- no. Stras, no. Ring of Honor should be for elite performers. Scherzer would be a good start when the time comes.

Agree. Having Jayson and Pudge up there is pretty stupid.

Offline UMDNats

Dmitri Young and Adam Dunn contributed more to the Nationals zeitgeist than Pudge Rodriguez.

Offline spidernat

Zimmerman for longevity and because he's the first.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Bryce

Offline hotshot

Howard, Anne Arundel, and Baltimore County I'm guessing do pretty well.  Plus, it is legit to say they can draw from Montgomery.

I could be wrong but my strong feeling is that the Maryland DC suburbs (PG and Montgomery Counties) are solidly Nats territory now.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
I could be wrong but my strong feeling is that the Maryland DC suburbs (PG and Montgomery Counties) are solidly Nats territory now.

MoCo resident here, and while it's swinging that way, there are still plenty of Os fans here. PG has even more, I'll bet - it's more proximate to Baltimore.

Oddly, my impression is that the Southern Maryland counties are swinging to the Nats more quickly.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024

Absolutely correct. Zimm should have a "C" on his jersey and should certainly have been the first name added to Ring of Honor. There was no reason Jayson Werth had to be rushed, I'm not sure why Pudge is even there, and I think Frank Robinson could have waited as well.

I am fine with Jayson Werth. He was our first big free agent, had a couple big seasons, and I still think his walk off in that game four was a big moment for this franchise, even if the next day is still the worst moment. As someone posted, really no idea why Pudge is there. Players like Livan Hernandez, Adam Dunn, and Nick Johnson contributed more than Pudge during the dark days. It's almost embarrassing to be bragging we signed a Hall of Famer way past his prime.

Offline Senatorswin

Nobody from the Nationals should be up there at this point. I agree Zimm and Scherzer after they retire. Maybe Stras depending how the rest of his career goes. Rendon, Turner, Soto and Robles after they sign long term contracts to stay with the Nats and are inducted into the baseball hall of fame in Cooperstown, New York.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Too bad the Nats aren't extending Rendon, I like your version of the future more

Offline UMDNats

:lmao: at the idea Rendon, Soto and Robles play long enough here to get into our ring of honor.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
What makes you say the Nats aren't extending Rendon ?

Too bad the Nats aren't extending Rendon, I like your version of the future more

Offline dracnal

What makes you say the Nats aren't extending Rendon ?

History.