Author Topic: WP: Nats MASN deal renegotations will have a huge impact  (Read 203548 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
as a frequent buyer, good luck selling at face value; you may get it for premium games, but good luck against the marlins on a random weekday night in August

Face value or less.

Offline Ray D

Be prepared for the ticket office to call you if you put a lot of tix on StubHub.  A few years ago our house flooded and we had to live in a hotel for 5 weeks while things were cleaned up. With everything going on during that time we were not able to go to games, so I was putting them on StubHub. For the first few games it was fine.  But then an hour after I put another game on StubHub I got a call from the ticket office demanding to know why I was putting so many tickets on StubHub. 

I don't understand what recourse they think they have.  And if you have some family crisis and can't go to games for some period of time, what is it they want you to do? Are they offering to buy back the tickets at face value?

Offline HalfSmokes

I don't understand what recourse they think they have.  And if you have some family crisis and can't go to games for some period of time, what is it they want you to do? Are they offering to buy back the tickets at face value?

Presumably they could stop you from renewing

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Other than cancelling your plan they could cut off your RCR and ticket exchange options.

Offline NatsDad14

This thread was started over 5 years ago. Insane.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
This thread was started over 5 years ago. Insane.

It'll still be conjecture and summaries of legal moves in another five years too!

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
today's hearing has been postponed due to the weather. :(

Offline NatsAllThe Way

today's hearing has been postponed due to the weather. :(

Judge pulled a quad.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Lot of good it does now

Offline RiotAct

I don't care if the games are on MASN or someother network. I just want a broadcast on the level I see for most other teams. It feels like the broadcast quality is about a decade behind.

I think the camera work and graphics, etc on MASN are fine, but... my word, Bob and F(a)P are so so bad. 

My wife got me mlb.tv as an early birthday present, and let's just say, I'll be choosing the other team's broadcast whenever it's available.

Offline Casanova

I think the camera work and graphics, etc on MASN are fine, but... my word, Bob and F(a)P are so so bad. 

My wife got me mlb.tv as an early birthday present, and let's just say, I'll be choosing the other team's broadcast whenever it's available.

Maybe they could hire Jim Brockmire.  :mg:

Offline Hogie

It's criminal that they haven't brought Dave Flemming home.

Offline nats2playoffs

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Rizzo ripped into Showalter and called him out. :lmao: I heard other birds fans nag about the same thing at the stadium when they were getting owned. The Nationals also opted to play without Zimmerman, Rendon, Murphy and of course had Werth and Eaton out with injury not to mention that the Nats had Ross on the mound so they need to sack up and take the freaking loss.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Bob and FP rated as the second-worst broadcast team (behind only Hawk) for the second year in a row. Personally, I think they're okay but I guess most folks really dislike them. 

http://awfulannouncing.com/local-networks/2017-mlb-local-broadcaster-rankings.html

Offline RiotAct

Bob and FP rated as the second-worst broadcast team (behind only Hawk) for the second year in a row. Personally, I think they're okay but I guess most folks really dislike them. 

http://awfulannouncing.com/local-networks/2017-mlb-local-broadcaster-rankings.html
Shockingly, having listened to most of the MLB broadcast teams at this point (thank you mlb,tv!), I'd have to say Bob and FP are somewhere in the middle. 

The Baltimore  and Minnesota announcers are great, a few (Miami, Boston, Toronto) are unlistenable, and most are unremarkable but inoffensive.

Offline monkeyhit

No surprise here, though I don't mind Bob. Santangelo brings him down.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
No surprise here, though I don't mind Bob. Santangelo brings him down.

IMHO Bob would be much better if he let the game dictate the excitement in his delivery.     FP is confusing as hell to me.    I wanna like FP.    I think he'd be a good addition to the Loft.