Author Topic: WP: Nats MASN deal renegotations will have a huge impact  (Read 203557 times)

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
The Nats lawyers sure are a treat!

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
I'm not sure if it's offered now, but a couple of years ago there were a bunch of LED HD TVs with light-up bezels (the lights changed intensity and color) that were supposed to make the picture look better. :shrug:

Speaking of which (TV), my grandparents had a Zenith that had a frame that lit up.    Supposed to make the picture easier to watch.   Is this a mindfact?

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Speaking of which (TV), my grandparents had a Zenith that had a frame that lit up.    Supposed to make the picture easier to watch.   Is this a mindfact?

I remember the advertisements for that TV. As Whytev suggests, probably snake-oil.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
As expected the judge blocked MLB and the Nats from holding a second round of arbitration while the cross appeals are still being processed for round one.

http://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/iscroll/SQLData.jsp?IndexNo=652044-2014

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
It's been four years and the Nationals are freaking no where on this.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Just lawyers lawyering. Against the Prince of Darkness. Who's a lawyer himself.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats

Disaster over multiple seasons.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
Disaster over multiple seasons.
Angelos refuses to lose :smh:

Offline GburgNatsFan

Gritty. (It's gritty in hell.)

Angelos refuses to lose :smh:

Offline madj55

Rob Manfred's full quote this AM regarding MASN stay ruling yesterday

What they ruled is that it would be a waste of judicial resources to proceed with another hearing until the appeals that both clubs have filed are heard. That is not a shocking ruling. That is not a big surprise. Look, my position on this is really simple. The RSDC has always been composed of owners. It’s only been in one form ever since the day it was created. The Baltimore club agreed that if they couldn’t negotiate a rights fee agreement with the Washington club, it was going to be decided by the RSDC. That’s what the contract says and I’m a big believer in contracts. And I’m a big believer that whatever flotsam and jetsam goes on in the meantime, that contract is ultimately going to be enforced. That’s what they agreed to.

Offline WahooWah

As expected the judge blocked MLB and the Nats from holding a second round of arbitration while the cross appeals are still being processed for round one.

http://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/iscroll/SQLData.jsp?IndexNo=652044-2014

The Nats and MLB seem to have worse lawyers than Angelos. :(

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

These guys agree with that statement, this is a very good analysis of the judge's decision to grant the stay, much better than the couple things I've read from the paid reporters.

https://camdendepot.blogspot.com/2016/07/justice-marks-opts-not-to-send-case.html?showComment=1468364207381#c1906928948912327652

Offline HalfSmokes

They seem to think delay is terrible, so far the only ruling on the merits has gone to the nats followed by years of procedural posturing - until that changes, I don't see the nats as being in a bad position. As far as having to change lawyers, too bad they didn't go with a scortched earth firm like skadden

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
They seem to think delay is terrible, so far the only ruling on the merits has gone to the nats followed by years of procedural posturing - until that changes, I don't see the nats as being in a bad position. As far as having to change lawyers, too bad they didn't go with a scortched earth firm like skadden

The guy who wrote Lawyerball Tweeted that MASN won't have to pay interest when they lose. They currently owe the Nats $100 million. I'm sure that the Lerners could put that cash to better use.

Offline NatsAllThe Way

It's become obvious.  Nats need to send Papelbon to meet Angelos in a dark alley somewhere.

Offline NatsAllThe Way

Classic catch 22.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
The guy who wrote Lawyerball Tweeted that MASN won't have to pay interest when they lose. They currently owe the Nats $100 million. I'm sure that the Lerners could put that cash to better use.

That seems weird. Why not interest on the money they owe but have held back?

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Prejudgment interest is often excluded by contract.  I suspect that's the case here, especially given the overly litigious parties to this particular contract.

Offline HalfSmokes

Selig and Williams were Angelos' nages

Offline Five Banners

Bump; if they want an impact hitter, better concentrate on freeing some dough so they don't defer to the year 3000.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Dammit, MASN is a joke of a network. I turned in during the 5:00 hour today. I figured that since that's the one hour of the day they're actually live with local programming and the Nats just made a huge trade, they might actually have some news. Ha! Tom Davis was talking about some donk that the Orioles had called about, then a break, then highlights of Dusty's press conference from earlier in the day. These freaking Winter Meetings are IN OUR BACKYARD and they can't even provide any coverage? There are some TV - and even some radio - stations in other markets that actually have sets set up at the Gaylord in an effort to provide their home fans with news from the meetings. MASN just needs to go away. Please.

Offline UMDNats

Dammit, MASN is a joke of a network. I turned in during the 5:00 hour today. I figured that since that's the one hour of the day they're actually live with local programming and the Nats just made a huge trade, they might actually have some news. Ha! Tom Davis was talking about some donk that the Orioles had called about, then a break, then highlights of Dusty's press conference from earlier in the day. These freaking Winter Meetings are IN OUR BACKYARD and they can't even provide any coverage? There are some TV - and even some radio - stations in other markets that actually have sets set up at the Gaylord in an effort to provide their home fans with news from the meetings. MASN just needs to go away. Please.

Absolutely one of the worst regional sports networks in the nation.