Author Topic: Video Games (2012)  (Read 83252 times)

Offline NatsFanSince2005

Re: Video Games
« Reply #200: February 12, 2012, 10:35:01 PM »
Word.  I skipped over last year's titles, so I'm thinking of getting one of the two this year.
Get the show, it's always better reviewed.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #201: February 12, 2012, 10:37:51 PM »
Also, it's always better.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #202: February 13, 2012, 10:13:56 AM »
The Show rules!!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #203: February 14, 2012, 10:45:46 PM »
So anyone got a verdict on that Amalur game yet?  After watching some gameplay videos I'm not sure why it has been compared to Skyrim so frequently, the two look almost nothing alike at a glance.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #204: February 15, 2012, 10:05:42 AM »
So anyone got a verdict on that Amalur game yet?  After watching some gameplay videos I'm not sure why it has been compared to Skyrim so frequently, the two look almost nothing alike at a glance.

It got good reviews, but I haven't heard anything first hand from anyone that's played it. Like you said, it looks nothing like Skyrim. I think it looks more like a cross between WOW and Fable.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #205: February 15, 2012, 11:56:24 AM »
I only played the demo but I really liked it. It's from Curt Schilling's company.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #206: February 15, 2012, 03:19:32 PM »
It got good reviews, but I haven't heard anything first hand from anyone that's played it. Like you said, it looks nothing like Skyrim. I think it looks more like a cross between WOW and Fable.

I don't see anything WoW like either.  It does remind me a bit of Dragon Nest, a f2p MMO, with the non-locked targeting and the busting up boxes and barrels.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #207: February 17, 2012, 06:40:26 AM »
I am on Steam now. now that I am back to running Windows.

Not sure how many games I am going to get from there, seeing as I don't really have a gaming computer at the moment. But I'll use it to chat and stuff. and hopefully it does Game-tracking like Raptr does, so I can show the games that I DO have.

also gonna test out Onlive and see how it works over my internet connection.

my SteamID is JayMad4

Offline Tokeydog

• I like beer!
« Reply #208: February 17, 2012, 10:22:19 AM »
If anyone has the Vita or is planning on getting one, look me up.  PSN: Tokeydog

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #209: February 17, 2012, 10:27:08 AM »
Tried adding you JMad. It naged about your profile not being setup. I am unsure if the request went through.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #210: February 18, 2012, 11:21:25 AM »
Yeah it went through.

I had to finish setting up my profile or whatever.

I wont be on there much until I get a computer more suitable for gaming. Gonna get one after I get moved and settled in my new location.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #211: February 18, 2012, 01:43:10 PM »
Is EA's Origin any good, compared to Steam?

Offline The Chief

« Reply #212: February 18, 2012, 01:47:29 PM »
I've only used it to download the ME3 demo, it maxed out my internet connection so I guess in that regard it's "as good" as Steam, but I haven't tried to use it for anything else as I'm not really a fan of having to split up my purchases over multiple services.  Won't have a choice if I want to play ME3 though (well, a legal choice anyway)

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #213: February 18, 2012, 01:53:31 PM »
I've only used it to download the ME3 demo, it maxed out my internet connection so I guess in that regard it's "as good" as Steam, but I haven't tried to use it for anything else as I'm not really a fan of having to split up my purchases over multiple services.  Won't have a choice if I want to play ME3 though (well, a legal choice anyway)

so you can't play EA games without Origin?

but you can play Valve games without Steam, if you are so inclined, right?

Offline The Chief

« Reply #214: February 18, 2012, 01:57:27 PM »
so you can't play EA games without Origin?

It's starting to become that way with newer ones, but I'm not sure if there are any games like that yet besides BF3 and (soon) ME3.  Of course I'm sure there are/will be cracks for both that allow running the game without Origin but that would cut you off from the multiplayer aspect.

but you can play Valve games without Steam, if you are so inclined, right?

Anything purchased on Steam generally requires Steam to play, but I don't find that to be a big deal given the value-added services Steam brings to the table.  If one is so inclined it's usually just a matter of finding a cracked .exe for any given game to play it without Steam, but I rarely find this necessary.

What I don't want is a bunch of Steam clones (like Origin) with exclusive titles forcing me to keep track of multiple accounts and install multiple clients to play my games.  As of right now, most Origin games are no longer available on Steam (if they ever were - Crysis 2 was pulled from Steam after Origin launched)

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #215: February 18, 2012, 01:58:37 PM »
It's starting to become that way with newer ones, but I'm not sure if there are any games like that yet besides BF3 and (soon) ME3.  Of course I'm sure there are/will be cracks for both that allow running the game without Origin but that would cut you off from the multiplayer aspect.

Anything purchased on Steam generally requires Steam to play, but I don't find that to be a big deal given the value-added services Steam brings to the table.  If one is so inclined it's usually just a matter of finding a cracked .exe for any given game to play it without Steam, but I rarely find this necessary.

What I don't want is a bunch of Steam clones (like Origin) with exclusive titles forcing me to keep track of multiple accounts and install multiple clients to play my games.  As of right now, most Origin games are no longer available on Steam (if they ever were - Crysis 2 was pulled from Steam after Origin launched)

I agree. thats why I am asking which is better. I am not going to use both.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #216: February 18, 2012, 02:00:28 PM »
I agree. thats why I am asking which is better. I am not going to use both.

Well Valve/Steam certainly has a larger library, better Indie support, tons of great sales, and a much longer track record and generally better reputation than EA/Origin, so if you have to choose one, I'd go with Steam, but keep in mind that you won't likely be able to get ahold of any new top tier EA titles (Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, etc.), at least not during the initial release period.  I'm still holding out hope that EA and Valve will work something out and eventually release these games on Steam, but it's far from guaranteed.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #217: February 18, 2012, 02:24:03 PM »
I really don't want to install origin, god dammit EA put your crap on steam!

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #218: February 18, 2012, 04:48:35 PM »
Mass Effect 3 demo is good. Textures are pretty basic, but its good

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #219: February 20, 2012, 06:38:37 PM »
Someone send me a PS3

Offline NatsFanSince2005

« Reply #220: February 20, 2012, 06:49:04 PM »
Someone send me a PS3
They're just $200 last I checked. Definitely worth it, it's more than just video games. Netflix streaming, free online play, unlike xbox live. Great exclusive games like Uncharted.... and MLB 12: The Show! The best baseball video game in the market.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #221: February 20, 2012, 06:51:35 PM »
They're just $200 last I checked. Definitely worth it, it's more than just video games. Netflix streaming, free online play, unlike xbox live. Great exclusive games like Uncharted.... and MLB 12: The Show! The best baseball video game in the market.

Meh, the blu-ray and The Show are pretty much the only reasons why I want one. I'm just in a pickle because I don't have the funds right now to buy a PS3. It's all for food, gas, and beer!

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #222: February 22, 2012, 11:30:17 PM »
I finally finished work early enough to give me some good amount of free time! Mass Effect 2 here I come!

Offline NatsFanSince2005

« Reply #223: February 23, 2012, 11:49:43 AM »
I finally finished work early enough to give me some good amount of free time! Mass Effect 2 here I come!
Such a good game. Miranda   :shock:

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #224: February 23, 2012, 04:02:43 PM »
Such a good game. Miranda   :shock:

I killed off Ashley in the first one, but I won't kill off Miranda if I have a choice in the matter.  :lol: