Author Topic: Video Games (2012)  (Read 83241 times)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Re: Video Games
« Reply #50: January 15, 2012, 04:10:29 PM »
According to the page and the top review, it does work with the PSP.  I don't know if you could find a similar thing elsewhere for cheaper, but I'm sure it'd be cheaper than any memory stick you could find.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #51: January 15, 2012, 09:28:05 PM »
:rant: :?

Below are answers to the most commonly asked questions about Origin and Mass Effect 3. Thank you for your patience as we have worked to answer them.

1) Will Origin be a requirement to play all versions of Mass Effect 3? (Digital and/or from a retail brick and mortar store)
Yes, Origin is required for all PC editions of Mass Effect 3, physical or digital.

2) Is constant Origin connection required or is it a single one off authentication when the game is first installed. Is there also a limit to the number of installations available?
Mass Effect 3 will require a one time, single authorization for the single player game. There is no limit to the number of installs. Playing Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer will require a constant connection.

3) Is Origin required for the retail versions of the game?
Origin is required for the PC versions of Mass Effect 3, both physical and digital.

4) Will ME3 be available on Steam?
During initial release Mass Effect 3 will be available on Origin and a number of other 3rd party digital retailers, but not on Steam at this time. Steam has adopted a set of restrictive terms of service which limit how developers interact with customers to deliver patches and other downloadable content.  We are intent on providing Mass Effect to players with the best possible experience no matter where they purchase or play their game, and are happy to partner with any download service that does not restrict our ability to connect directly with our consumers.

5) Is there an opt in or opt out clause for data collection?
Users will be allowed to opt-out of Mass Effect 3 data collection from inside the game.

6) I’ve seen reports that Origin is spyware.  Is this true?
Origin is not spyware, and does not use or install spyware on user’s machines.  In order to allow Origin to install games and their patches for everyone to use, Origin implements a permission change that results in Windows, not Origin, reviewing the filenames in the ProgramData/Origin folder.   This is an ordinary Windows function, not an information-gathering process.

7) Has the Origin EULA been updated following recent questions in Germany?
The German Origin EULA has been updated.  For more information, please review the Origin EULA here: http://www.ea.com/1/product-eulas.

8) Is there a double-opt in for Mass Effect 3 marketing emails for German residents?
Yes, we always adhere to the German requirement of a double opt-in standard for marketing emails.  Mass Effect 3 users must opt-in twice to receive these emails.

I appreciate everyone's patience on this topic. Please continue to ask questions about Mass Effect 3 and Origin and I will continue to try to get the answers for you.

source: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/8975536&lf=8

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #52: January 15, 2012, 09:28:41 PM »
Watched my friend play COD today.

First time I've ever seen it. Holy crap. How do you guys play that game? I'll never stray from BF3 after watching that fast twitch crapfest.

Offline Nathan

Offline The Chief

« Reply #54: January 15, 2012, 09:39:57 PM »
No steam, no sale.

I'd greatly prefer Steam, but if there were a boxed version that didn't require Origin that'd be fine.  I'm not installing Origin.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #55: January 15, 2012, 09:42:36 PM »
I'd greatly prefer Steam, but if there were a boxed version that didn't require Origin that'd be fine.  I'm not installing Origin.

True, that'd be an acceptable alternative.  But like you, Origin is not going on my PC.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #56: January 15, 2012, 10:10:16 PM »
Watched my friend play COD today.

First time I've ever seen it. Holy crap. How do you guys play that game? I'll never stray from BF3 after watching that fast twitch crapfest.

It's way different compared to BF. I play both, but I can't play them both at the same time because they are so different and it takes different strategies to win in each one. COD is more in your face, up close stuff. BF is slower, with alot of your kills occurring at a distance. I like them both, but they are as different as night and day.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #57: January 15, 2012, 10:58:17 PM »
It's way different compared to BF. I play both, but I can't play them both at the same time because they are so different and it takes different strategies to win in each one. COD is more in your face, up close stuff. BF is slower, with alot of your kills occurring at a distance. I like them both, but they are as different as night and day.

Yeah. I actually like both. I find COD easy to jump into if I wanna just shoot crap and get lots of points and such. BF3 is something I want to play if I want a kickass experience.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #58: January 15, 2012, 11:00:25 PM »
I only have Origin because of BF3 but honestly it isn't a big deal. It's basically one extra step to starting up the game but it takes seconds and otherwise I never use it. EA can suck a dick, if BF3 wasn't awesome I wouldn't go anywhere near it.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #59: January 16, 2012, 10:14:06 AM »
What do you think of Dragon Age II?

Seems like quite the sale.

Dragon Age Pack

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #60: January 19, 2012, 12:07:22 PM »
Nathan, what's the deal with WOW?

They've lost 2 million subscribers over the past year.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1212001p1.html

Offline Nathan

« Reply #61: January 19, 2012, 02:26:54 PM »
It's almost 8 years old now and a lot of people were unhappy with the changes Cataclysm brought.  Wrath of the Lich King wasn't that hard to gear up and do heroics, lots of AoE fights.  Cata made heroics much harder, weakened AoE, and made people use CC more to be able to finish a heroic.  A lot of the so-called "Wrath babies" didn't like this and left.

And again, the game is 8 years old.  Some people just get tired of it.  Maybe it's time for Blizzard to ramp up work on their super secret Titan project, their new MMO they've had in the works.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #62: January 20, 2012, 07:53:05 PM »
I've started playing the original Mass Effect again. I didn't like it the first time I played it, but I decided to give it another go. It's actually got me hooked now.  :)

Offline The Chief

« Reply #63: January 20, 2012, 07:54:16 PM »
I've started playing the original Mass Effect again. I didn't like it the first time I played it, but I decided to give it another go. It's actually got me hooked now.  :)

That's the same way it was for me.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #64: January 20, 2012, 07:57:34 PM »
That's the same way it was for me.

Is it me or does the game start out kind of slow? It's got me interested now, but it took it a while to get me there.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #65: January 20, 2012, 08:58:33 PM »
O. M. G.  :shock:

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #66: January 20, 2012, 09:31:36 PM »
Is it me or does the game start out kind of slow? It's got me interested now, but it took it a while to get me there.

It starts out reaaaal slow. I do love it though. Such a great game.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #67: January 20, 2012, 10:11:40 PM »
It starts out reaaaal slow. I do love it though. Such a great game.

Yeah, I'm really enjoying it now. It's a pretty good game. Not sure why It took me so long to get around to playing it again and really getting into it. One of my friends said that ME2 is amazing. I've always liked Bioware's games. Knights of the Old Republic is one of my all-time favorite games and Dragon Age was awesome as well.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #68: January 21, 2012, 06:27:33 PM »
Chief, I was trying to get onto SC2 but the internet today is acting out. Its taken 10 minutes to get 15% on this first patch of SC2. I'll let it continue though.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #69: January 21, 2012, 10:03:47 PM »
Yeah there are an assload of patches from a fresh install.  I don't know why they don't just roll all of that crap into the primary installer, but oh well.

I'm around tonight if you get back on and want to play a few rounds.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #70: January 21, 2012, 11:04:19 PM »
Yeah there are an assload of patches from a fresh install.  I don't know why they don't just roll all of that crap into the primary installer, but oh well.

I'm around tonight if you get back on and want to play a few rounds.

I realized I'm going to have to do a fresh reinstall. My computer "reset" about a month or two ago and I thought copying my files would work lol. I gotta grab the cd from home :\

Offline Nathan

« Reply #71: January 21, 2012, 11:06:54 PM »
I realized I'm going to have to do a fresh reinstall. My computer "reset" about a month or two ago and I thought copying my files would work lol. I gotta grab the cd from home :\

Fresh install of the game?  You should be able to download it straight from Blizzard whether or not you bought the digital copy or not, or so I thought.  I was able to download Diablo II.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #72: January 21, 2012, 11:08:10 PM »
The thing you DL from blizzard is basically a torrent client that DLs the full game installer

Offline Nathan

« Reply #73: January 21, 2012, 11:10:15 PM »
The thing you DL from blizzard is basically a torrent client that DLs the full game installer

Silly dino, torrentz are for hackers and pirates!

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
« Reply #74: January 22, 2012, 01:17:01 AM »
About to play some MW3 on the 360 if anybody is still up. My gamertag is "Redskins Nation." I suck by the way.