Author Topic: Video Games (2012)  (Read 83280 times)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Re: Video Games
« Reply #350: March 29, 2012, 11:00:00 AM »
Steam popularized worldwide multiplayer economy systems?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #351: March 29, 2012, 11:00:53 AM »
Steam popularized worldwide multiplayer economy systems?

I was referring to the "app store" model of game sales with an authentication component.  I'm pretty sure you knew that.

Valve invented the app store years before Apple :poke:

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #352: March 29, 2012, 11:07:49 AM »
Yeah, I was complaining about the multiplayer hooks into Sim City and you and Slate are honing in on the internet connectivity thing.

I was hoping for a decent single-player game and EA is doing their best to make this the least desirable game ever.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #353: March 29, 2012, 11:14:34 AM »
I was commenting independently.  The whole world doesn't revolve around you, gif boy ;) :P

SimCity 2000 was the last one I played for more than 15 minutes.  If the new one really does require the global influence, that's a major failure on the part of the franchise.  Games like SimCity are supposed to be about building your own world, screw everybody else (aka, classic gaming :lol: )

That said, I'd be really surprised if the new game didn't have a completely single-player option.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #354: March 29, 2012, 11:22:34 AM »
I was commenting independently.  The whole world doesn't revolve around you, gif boy ;) :P

:lol:

SimCity 2000 was the last one I played for more than 15 minutes.  If the new one really does require the global influence, that's a major failure on the part of the franchise.  Games like SimCity are supposed to be about building your own world, screw everybody else (aka, classic gaming :lol: )

Exactly my point.

That said, I'd be really surprised if the new game didn't have a completely single-player option.

That would be ideal. Even if so, it's not going to be a purchase for me unless they can the day one downloadable-content money grab.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #355: March 29, 2012, 11:25:32 AM »
Not sure if you read the article -- combating piracy with this sort of system is a joke, but I was actually complaining about how there's a worldwide economy system that would affect my game. I just want my game played in a sandbox.

But I'm not clear if you have to be involved in the multiplayer components. The article makes it sound like you will have to be.

Oh wow ... that's actually kind of cool. Wasn't there talk of doing this in sports games? Having the real world affect schedules? Players that are on a hot streak get a bump in the game for a little while?

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #356: April 08, 2012, 01:39:55 PM »
I bought Alan Wake a few weeks ago at Gamestop for $15. I just finished the game last night and was surprised how good this game was, cause I hadn't heard much about it. I would highly recommend it if you haven't played it and you're looking for something cheap to pick up.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #357: April 14, 2012, 02:35:51 PM »
Does anyone have Mario Kart Wii? Is it fun?

My roommates and I are thinking about buying one used since we've played Mario Kart 64 to death, not that we still can't play it... just looking for more maps and such.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #358: April 14, 2012, 03:15:04 PM »
Do you not have a Wii?  Definitely worth it if you don't, even if you don't get Mario Kart there are so many "party" type games for it.  It's actually kind of a waste if you don't have roomates, tbh.

Also, original Mario Kart on SNES 4 Lyfe!

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #359: April 14, 2012, 03:37:24 PM »
Do you not have a Wii?  Definitely worth it if you don't, even if you don't get Mario Kart there are so many "party" type games for it.  It's actually kind of a waste if you don't have roomates, tbh.

Also, original Mario Kart on SNES 4 Lyfe!

My roommate brought his wii over and luckily we have 4 gamecube controllers. It sucks that we don't really have any games except for Smash Bros Brawl. I was checking out Mario Kart Wii and it does seem awesome. I mean 32 levels seems worth it alone.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #360: April 15, 2012, 01:12:54 AM »
cmd i want my gamecube controller back 8)

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #361: April 15, 2012, 07:35:29 AM »
I wish they had downloadable courses for Mario Kart Wii.

Or put out a sequel or something.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #362: April 15, 2012, 09:28:05 AM »
The new Game Informer has the first in depth article on Halo 4. It's going to be completely badass.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #363: April 15, 2012, 09:30:20 AM »
First look at the Maryland Pride uniforms in NCAA '13:

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #364: April 15, 2012, 10:39:06 AM »
I wish they had downloadable courses for Mario Kart Wii.

Or put out a sequel or something.

lol thats how I feel about Mario Kart 64... and we usually only play about 8 of the maps.

The new Game Informer has the first in depth article on Halo 4. It's going to be completely badass.

helllll yeahhhhh

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #365: April 15, 2012, 10:49:05 AM »
helllll yeahhhhh

I'm pretty excited about it. It looks like it's going to be outstanding. I really like some of the changes that 343 Industries are bringing to the game. I know some people are not happy that Bungie has turned over the series to 343, but I think it's a good thing to have a new team take the series over and breath some new life into it.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #366: April 16, 2012, 09:06:33 AM »
!

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #367: April 20, 2012, 10:48:42 AM »
GTA 3...

on my tablet.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #368: April 20, 2012, 10:54:45 AM »

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #369: April 20, 2012, 09:43:31 PM »
!

Amazing. They're just going to keep it up until the games look life like.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #370: April 28, 2012, 01:16:38 PM »
Blatantly rips off Super Smash Bros, but Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale finally bring that type of game to the PS3!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1223840p1.html

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #371: April 30, 2012, 08:59:37 PM »
so gents i think it's finally happened ...

i think i have the RROD on my xbox360. 

it turns on and after a few minutes ... it shuts off.  the light blinks, but i can't tell if it's red.  obviously as documented, this one is fairly old and i've had it since 07 and never had any problems.

what should my next step be?  take it to a gamestop? 

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #372: April 30, 2012, 09:19:56 PM »
so gents i think it's finally happened ...

i think i have the RROD on my xbox360. 

it turns on and after a few minutes ... it shuts off.  the light blinks, but i can't tell if it's red.  obviously as documented, this one is fairly old and i've had it since 07 and never had any problems.

what should my next step be?  take it to a gamestop? 

Contact Microsoft tech support first. GameStop won't take it back if you've had it since '07. I could clearly tell that's what I had when it happened to mine. I sent mine in for repair. Turnaround time was fairly quick.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #373: April 30, 2012, 09:32:54 PM »
Contact Microsoft tech support first. GameStop won't take it back if you've had it since '07. I could clearly tell that's what I had when it happened to mine. I sent mine in for repair. Turnaround time was fairly quick.

thanks.

thing is i got off ebay.  i think i still have the paperwork, but i think it was one of those refurbished ones.  but again it's worked golden for years.  hope microsoft would still be down

it started last night (probably played for an hour and a half, switched out games, then 15 minutes later it shut down).  really i can't even tell if it's a red light.  but when it does shut off, there is a light that blinks (even if it's off). 

i've heard there is a hot towel method.  or that i could just try and not using it for a day or two (i waited 24 hours before turning it on, still happened).

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #374: May 05, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »
A steam game named Arma II has a mod called Day Z that's about zombies. The mod places you had a large number of others, around the number of 50 I believe, in a large open world with zombies. The aspect of the mod is that it takes on an element from The Walking Dead. Zombies may not be the only enemy in the game. The game requires you to group up and survive together but it may not always turn out the way you want it to.

They need to make a game like this.