Author Topic: Must See TV Thread (2012-2014)  (Read 103563 times)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Re: Must See TV Thread
« Reply #600: May 29, 2012, 01:25:43 PM »
It's following the same path as the original show.  The show wasn't really developed for American audiences correctly.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #601: May 29, 2012, 03:21:26 PM »
I watched the Blackwater episode of GoT. GoT damn. Such a badass episode.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #602: May 29, 2012, 03:35:51 PM »
revolution looks good linty.

watching GOT AND Mad Men after tonight's game.  i really enjoyed part one of hatfields and mccoys.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #603: May 29, 2012, 07:12:40 PM »
Hatfields and McCoys kind of started off slow, but it got better as it went on. Part 2 and 3 should be really good.

Offline ETNbaseballfan

« Reply #604: May 30, 2012, 03:44:17 PM »
Hatfields and McCoys kind of started off slow, but it got better as it went on. Part 2 and 3 should be really good.
I watched part 1 and part 2 last night. I’ve enjoyed it so far. 

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #605: May 30, 2012, 03:47:48 PM »
My guilty pleasure? Judge shows. This lunch hour there was a judge show where the fake bailiff rolled his eyes and laughed at the defendant and my inner trashy-TV-lover thought "yesssssssss"

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #606: June 06, 2012, 12:33:21 PM »
mad men ... holy crap

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #607: June 06, 2012, 12:35:09 PM »

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #608: June 06, 2012, 01:59:57 PM »
Yup.

i really don't want this season to end, but at the same time, i kinda do so i can see what happens and sit down one day and try and rank the seasons. 

before this season i'd go:

Season 4
Season 1
Season 3/Season 2 (really kinda tied)

...Season 5 is absolutely top 2, may even be 1, it's been so different (yet good). 

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #609: June 14, 2012, 09:49:44 PM »
USA Network has awesome shows.

new seasons of Burn Notice, Suits, Royal Pains, Necessary Roughness, and White Collar.

Mehki Phifer is joining White Collar this season.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #610: June 15, 2012, 02:31:41 AM »
USA Network has awesome shows.

new seasons of Burn Notice, Suits, Royal Pains, Necessary Roughness, and White Collar.

Mehki Phifer is joining White Collar this season.

Funny, I was just thinking what a pile of crap USA turned into after such a promising reboot. Of course, they had Silk Stalkings, which was lame, but also Weird Science and freaking Duckman in the 90s, both of which rocked. But post reboot, they started out so strong with Dead Zone and Monk. Then Monk turned to crap, laughing at him instead of with him. 4400 was so-so, and now it's full of uninspired crap full of nothing but "hot" actors and writers who take craps on any original or witty plot or concept. Considering I don't watch anything on USA, and have never tried to since the Monk finale, I might be judging books by their covers, but aren't they all pretty much uninspired mystery of the week with hot chicks and dudes running around half naked, with the possible exception of Burn Notice, which I have read plenty of good about?

Again, not to crap on your post, but it's something I was actually *just* thinking about on Wednesday, and how such a promising network with really, really, really original shows in Monk, 4400 and Dead Zone became nothing but reject shows and reject actors from network trash. Same thing for plot goes with actors. From Tony Shalhoub and AMH to the dude who made Chuck into the intersect, Bruce Campbell, and whoever or whatever is on Royal Pains, Necessary Roughness and Suits.

I'm just finishing Touch and Fringe on the Playstation Store... Give me more original stuff like that, totally from left field. Granted they are both sci-fi, but Monk is a prime example. Totally uninspired tripe mystery of the week crap. But insanely original and awesome concept having the investigator having OCD. Perfect example of how, even with tired and old concepts, you can have a totally original take on something, and not rely on "hot" half naked actors rehashing the same old same old, with just a slightly different take.

/rant off. Sorry for the long post, just something I'd actually been thinking a lot about this week.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #611: June 15, 2012, 03:03:31 AM »
I've only seen one episode of Burn Notice.  The acting was absolutely fantastic.  Wait, no, that's not the word I'm thinking of... what is it?  Oh, horrendous, that's the one.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #612: June 15, 2012, 08:13:13 AM »
Duck man was so good- never gets credit

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #613: June 15, 2012, 10:31:24 AM »
Duckman might be one of the greatest shows ever.

Offline aussienatsfan

« Reply #614: June 17, 2012, 09:18:07 AM »
Wow I have only just discovered this thread, I have read through it and I might have to get into a few of the shows you guys like.

I recently got into breaking bad, and I loved it so much I watched all four seasons in less than 3 weeks. It is brilliant

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #615: June 17, 2012, 05:17:29 PM »
Wow I have only just discovered this thread, I have read through it and I might have to get into a few of the shows you guys like.

I recently got into breaking bad, and I loved it so much I watched all four seasons in less than 3 weeks. It is brilliant

Where did you see season 4? When I watched it on Netflix there (I think) was only up through season 3, or whichever season where Jesse kills Gayle.

I got into that show and several others due to this thread, The Tudors, Mad Men, The Killing to name a few. TYP! (Trust Your Peeps)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #616: June 17, 2012, 06:06:09 PM »
I don't even think Netflix is available in Oz.  But there are plenty of other "sources" ;)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #617: June 17, 2012, 10:36:25 PM »
"The Killing" finale was actually very well done. 

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #618: June 17, 2012, 11:07:23 PM »
Falling skies :az:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #619: June 17, 2012, 11:48:26 PM »
"The Killing" finale was actually very well done. 

Nice "holy crap" ending

I liked the symbolism of Rosie being the only truly good person. Holder was a junkie, Linden screwed her own family up, Stan is a gangster, Mitch is a cheater, Aunt Terrie holy crap, and Richmond is a sell out. Very nicely done indeed

Offline aussienatsfan

« Reply #620: June 18, 2012, 04:11:34 AM »
Where did you see season 4? When I watched it on Netflix there (I think) was only up through season 3, or whichever season where Jesse kills Gayle.

I got into that show and several others due to this thread, The Tudors, Mad Men, The Killing to name a few. TYP! (Trust Your Peeps)

It's available on DVD here in oz, I actually downloaded it through iTunes on to my iPad and watched it all on my way to work.

Brilliant show. On the recommendations of everyone I've decided to get into mad men after I finish misfits

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #621: June 18, 2012, 08:59:58 AM »
Nice "holy crap" ending

As a whole the 26 episode series gets a C+ but the finale definitely gets an A+.  My main complaint about the US version is that it wasn't dark enough, but that, I assume, was by design.  If they do a third season with at least Holder back I'm game, but if this is the end of the series it was werth the ride.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #622: June 18, 2012, 01:04:21 PM »
I hope it's the end. Dragging it on would dilute what was a satisfying, if drawn out, story. And holy crap did that ending bum me out. What a sad, tragic ending. You have to wonder how half the characters, including Holder, don't end up eating a bullet. Just a sad, pointless thing all the way around. And then Richmond... ...

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #623: June 18, 2012, 01:10:25 PM »
I hope it's the end.

I see you're not familiar with the Danish series.  If the series continues on this case is closed, they'd just start a new case, just like they did in the original series.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #624: June 18, 2012, 01:29:01 PM »
I see you're not familiar with the Danish series.  If the series continues on this case is closed, they'd just start a new case, just like they did in the original series.

I'm only slightly familiar with the Danish series. Enough to know that and who the original killer was. But I doubt they had the whole backstory with Linden and this case basically ending her career. So while Holder is a great character, continuing the show with him and only him is dragging a show on for $$$ and not respecting the story. This universe is done, all characters stories save Holders are done. Their lives continue, there's just no point other than corporate greed to continue it. Start another case with different detectives ala American Horror Story, or end it. But the finale put a cap on everyone's story that continuing would only dilute.