Author Topic: Must See TV Thread (2012-2014)  (Read 103535 times)

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Re: Must See TV Thread
« Reply #2025: December 30, 2014, 11:54:02 PM »
CNBC Shark Tank reruns.

Offline dracnal

« Reply #2026: December 31, 2014, 11:11:35 AM »
If you haven't given The Profit a try, Vega, you might like it.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #2027: December 31, 2014, 11:14:52 AM »
If you haven't given The Profit a try, Vega, you might like it.
I have watched several of the shows and like it.  Wonder how scripted some of it is.  Marcus always seems to have some process improvement that is gold--wonder how someone could be that smart in so many different products.

Offline dracnal

« Reply #2028: December 31, 2014, 11:48:09 AM »
I have watched several of the shows and like it.  Wonder how scripted some of it is.  Marcus always seems to have some process improvement that is gold--wonder how someone could be that smart in so many different products.

I suspect there probably is quite a bit of it scripted - that's going to happen in every single reality show out there.  My guess is that Marcus himself doesn't have the expertise in every field and product; he's got a hell of a good network of contacts to draw upon.  I think his real genius seems to be figuring out which people in the given businesses are the key ones that matter and making sure they stick around and are taken care of. 

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #2029: December 31, 2014, 11:53:02 AM »
I suspect there probably is quite a bit of it scripted - that's going to happen in every single reality show out there.  My guess is that Marcus himself doesn't have the expertise in every field and product; he's got a hell of a good network of contacts to draw upon.  I think his real genius seems to be figuring out which people in the given businesses are the key ones that matter and making sure they stick around and are taken care of.
It is entertaining and you can learn some things.

Think his PEOPLE + PROCESS + PRODUCT is on target

Continued in 2015 thread here:  http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=32214.0