Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 118413 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Define Natitude: y-Washington
« Reply #1725: October 02, 2012, 01:04:09 PM »
After last playoff game and let's say until the end of October.

(Image removed from quote.)
SCREECH IS MY BFF

It's time for Screech's balls to drop.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1726: October 02, 2012, 01:05:24 PM »
It's time for Screech's balls to drop.

Screech is a hen.   :doh:

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1727: October 02, 2012, 06:16:22 PM »

Via MissChatter

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Do they come with a pair of goggles?

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
LOL

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Looks like this was the cost justification for old man Lerner to sign off on the champagne party, they purchased three cases (about one bottle per player) and they sell a few empties to cover the costs. But a bottle, some accountants job depends on it.

Offline Copecwby20

Eh, if people will buy it, charge what you can get for it I say. I swung by there trying to get the line up card from the same day of a signed game worn jersey that I had signed for my roommate by J-Zmnn, and ended up grabbing a ball instead. I saw a shelf full of bottles with the authenicated holograms and laughed my ass off. I still ended up buying a ball pitched by him on the same day he wore the jersey :-)

Btw, if anyone has ticket stubs from July 8, vs the Rockies, let me know. I'm trying to get this all framed up for his going away present.

Offline Copecwby20

By the way, if the bottles at $100.00 were to steep for you they were selling the corks for $50.00

I really wish that previous statement was a joke.

Offline Copecwby20

Apparently you got there earlier than I did, because people bought the ever living dog crap out of those bottles. What you won't see in your pic but you will see in mine is that when they run out of bottles, they started selling the corks.  I love the Nats, but I welcome the opportunity to cockpunch Mark Lerner as soon as I see him

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
When celebrities chewed gum is sold on e-bay.   Nothing surprises me any more.  Its today's society!

Offline Copecwby20

It would be one thing if they actually could tell you which player used it or whatever, but from what the guys told me they just slapped the holograms on every bottle they found in the clubhouse.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
It would be one thing if they actually could tell you which player used it or whatever, but from what the guys told me they just slapped the holograms on every bottle they found in the clubhouse.

With all the chaos and celebrating you really expect someone to keep track of who touched which bottle?  REALLY?  REALLY NOW?   :roll:  Read what you just typed again!

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

i wonder what the bottle of sparkling cider is selling for.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
With all the chaos and celebrating you really expect someone to keep track of who touched which bottle?  REALLY?  REALLY NOW?   :roll:  Read what you just typed again!

Need to establish provenance, of course. 

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
i wonder what the bottle of sparkling cider is selling for.

After I yank one of those holograms off a cork and slap it on a 7-11 cider bottle I'm starting the ebay auction at $700.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
By the way, if the bottles at $100.00 were to steep for you they were selling the corks for $50.00

I really wish that previous statement was a joke.

Wow but I'm not the least bit shocked when it comes to the misers who own this team. They'll sell their soul for a buck.

Offline NationalHeat

I wonder how long until the naming rights are sold to the park.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
I wonder how long until the naming rights are sold to the park.

Good question, wasn't there a recent article on this?

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause

Dan Steinberg@dcsportsbog   The Nats are selling empty champagne bottles ($100) and used corks ($50) from Monday's party. For charity. http://wapo.st/SxSyZV

The Nats went through 60 bottles of champagne and 480 cans of beer during Monday night’s clubhouse celebration, most of it used to shower players, coaches, owners and just about anyone in the general vicinity of the merriment. The champagne has been cleaned up, but one of the empty bottles can be yours for a cool $100.

The team is selling the used bottles to benefit the Nats charity arm, the Dream Foundation. If your memorabilia collection has a Korbel-sized hole in it, you can stop by the booth behind Section 113 at Nats Stadium and pick one up.

If a c-note is too rich for your blood, you can apparently buy a cork for $50. They’re not selling the beer cans, but if they haven’t taken the recycling in yet, you can probably dumpster dive for one of those for free.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Spidey:
Wow but I'm not the least bit shocked when it comes to the misers who own this team.

Truth:
The team is selling the used bottles to benefit the Nats charity arm, the Dream Foundation.

Grind axe much?

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
Grind axe much?
For some posters it's just about keeping up the persona. Can't really rip on Davey or Rizzo so may as well try to keep attacking the owners.

Offline Copecwby20

Yes I do. Look at the game used ball/bat/whatever collection and the ability to track that and you tell me that it's not possible.

But being as they are finding a way tUrn trash into a fund raiser, I guess that's cool

Offline Coladar

Lerners or the FO, whoever, find a way to dilute this whole thing by greed. Jesus christ, $100 for one of a million empty bottles? That little memorabilia shop has been a thorn with insane prices every time I pass by it, but that... Here's a nutty idea. Those of us who had 81 game season tickets through 08 and 09, whose seat went used when we set attendance lows? Howsabout a nice thank you instead of a nice f you by charging $100 for glass?

So they aren't selling the beer bottles the players used? I'm selling my Werth celebration Miller Lite bottle for $1000 then. The players threw four or five to the fans, I've got Werth on TV dousing me with it right before he tossed it to me. If one of a hundred champagne bottles is worth $100, one of five aluminum beer cans should be a grand easy! *sigh*

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Spidey:
Truth:
Grind axe much?

Not to play devil's advocate but aren't tax writeoffs usually more profitable than direct sales? ;)

For some posters it's just about keeping up the persona.

And this too