Author Topic: ARMY/NAVY  (Read 1140 times)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: ARMY/NAVY
« Reply #25: December 12, 2011, 02:21:11 PM »
Depends on where you're "gigging" and what your MOS is.

No it doesn't. Life of an officer > life of the junior enlisted. Way more freedom given to officers. Especially if said junior enlisted is single. You live in the barracks, your life sucks hard. No privacy. No respect. 80% your air or water doesn't function properly.

I'm referring more to 11B or Marine "grunt" officers.   

lol, Marine Infantry officer especially. Jesus, I would have given my left nut to live out in town. I almost got a contract marriage to get the **** out of the barracks. I knew lieutenants who lived in downtown Waikiki or owned their own boat because all their BAH payments went to it.

I had this lieutenant who kept trying to tell me how hard OCS and TBS were. He'd never been on a deployment (I had three under my belt). So I turned to him and I was like, Sir, what are you doing Thursday night?

Well, Corporal, I'll probably catch up on some paperwork, go to the gym and then go to bed early

Really, sir? I'll be supervising field day till one in the morning. After a 27 year old SNCO comes through, tells me I suck as a leader because he found lint underneath one of the dryers and we have to completely re do everything.

Didn't believe me so I bet him a hundred bucks. He showed up at midnight and loe and behold, we're all field daying like crazy because SSgt numbnuts hated duty and found one cigarette butt in the cigarette butt can. LT just stood there for two hours, in civies, just watching. Paid me my money and left shaking his head.

Look, I understand that officers get their crap in at the beginning, but all in all, their lives are infinitely easier and more comfortable than enlisted. Most bases don't let permanent personnel stay in their BOQ simply because they use it for guests and students. One of the many reasons if I go back in, it will be as an officer