Author Topic: 2012 MLB Draft  (Read 55174 times)

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
2012 MLB Draft
« Topic Start: November 20, 2011, 07:50:36 PM »
Well it's never too early to start thinking about next years draft so here we go.  Without a high end pick like previous years the nats still have the chance to have a good draft.  This is a solid draft class but no where near as good as last years so the bats brass will really have to do their homework on who to pick at #16.  Some guys whom I like and believe will be available then are RHP Jake Barrett and OF David Dahl.  I can also see rizzo gambling on a high upside high school player who falls due to signabilty in a scenario kind of like Josh bell and the pirates last year.  Two high upside high school OFers that I think could fall because they are both football players also are Byron Buxton and Nick Williams.  If you haven't heard of them, look them up.  Buxton is a 5-tool player and Williams has drawn comparisons to Ken Griffey jr.  It is good to know that if we mess up this draft pick with a high risk high reward player and he bombs then it won't completely screw over our future like in some previous years.