Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 171121 times)

Offline 5ohhh

Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #575: September 27, 2012, 08:20:44 AM »
Ended up in Section 142 Row T for home game 2 of the NLDS...any issues over there?  I have been to 3 games in the last 2 years and have always set behind the home dugout when ticket prices were cheaper..  I have an option to hook up with a buddy who is over in LF somewhere if 142 is not a good place to be

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #576: September 27, 2012, 09:30:35 AM »
Ended up in Section 142 Row T for home game 2 of the NLDS...any issues over there?  I have been to 3 games in the last 2 years and have always set behind the home dugout when ticket prices were cheaper..  I have an option to hook up with a buddy who is over in LF somewhere if 142 is not a good place to be

Not the best seats in the house, I sit there a lot when I'm with my kids because it's near the playground and they have tv monitors in those stands that show replays, unlike the big screen.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #577: September 27, 2012, 11:46:48 AM »

i sat there once for a game a few years ago against the orioles when Dunn hit a GS just to our right.  Probably my least favorite seats in the park except for the 400's, but still, you are there for a playoff game.

Offline 5ohhh

« Reply #578: September 27, 2012, 02:59:53 PM »
Thanks for the info guys, if anyone is looking to just get into the game I'll let these (2) in 142 go at face for game 2 of the NLDS. 

Offline cookieb

« Reply #579: October 11, 2012, 09:40:12 AM »
I am coming up for the game today, but failed to get parking.  ANy tips for parking outside of the nationals lots?  Price and or location.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #580: October 11, 2012, 09:51:34 AM »
I am coming up for the game today, but failed to get parking.  ANy tips for parking outside of the nationals lots?  Price and or location.

Leave now.

It's a hike, but you might want to save yourself the headache.

http://www.parkwhiz.com/nationals-park-parking/nl-division-series-87229/

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #581: October 11, 2012, 10:44:21 AM »

I've had luck parking at the arlington cemetery metro stop and taking the train in from there on very crazy days.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #582: October 11, 2012, 11:17:28 AM »

The gravel lot across from the home plate entrance was 75% full an hour before the game yesterday so I'd say aim to get there by three. It cost $25.

One note is that people who parked on the SW side of South Capital were not allowed to take a left on South Capital, a real pain in the ass.

Offline NookLoganMafia

« Reply #583: October 11, 2012, 01:11:15 PM »
So in other words, if you park in the gravel lot and ordinarily take South Cap past the ballpark up to 395, you were not allowed to do that yesterday?  Travel plans, changed.

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #584: October 11, 2012, 01:48:14 PM »
I noticed in a promo video of the Nats today that they showed Washington pennants from 1924/1925/1933 flying about the Nationals block letters on top of the scoreboard. Never noticed that - is that still there? Great touch if it is.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #585: October 11, 2012, 02:03:16 PM »
I noticed in a promo video of the Nats today that they showed Washington pennants from 1924/1925/1933 flying about the Nationals block letters on top of the scoreboard. Never noticed that - is that still there? Great touch if it is.

They definitely are, along with a fourth (blank) pennant (if only we could fill it this year!).

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #586: October 11, 2012, 02:03:55 PM »
So in other words, if you park in the gravel lot and ordinarily take South Cap past the ballpark up to 395, you were not allowed to do that yesterday?  Travel plans, changed.

Right, we had to wind back past Maine Ave to get on 395 S.

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #587: October 11, 2012, 02:09:17 PM »
They definitely are, along with a fourth (blank) pennant (if only we could fill it this year!).

That is very cool. Any guess where the NL East banner goes? (This is assuming we don't advance to the WS, not that I dont believe or anything  :mg:)

I have to imagine they'll put it somewhere more visible

Offline dab222

« Reply #588: October 11, 2012, 11:22:17 PM »
Hey fellas, whats the deal with the Metro tomorrow?  Its really my only transportation tomorrow (i usually am able to drive into DC but circumstances tomorrow prohibit me from doing so)

Are they going to keep it open late?  The game is 830, so im thinking we went be out of the park before midnight

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #589: October 11, 2012, 11:23:32 PM »
Hey fellas, whats the deal with the Metro tomorrow?  Its really my only transportation tomorrow (i usually am able to drive into DC but circumstances tomorrow prohibit me from doing so)

Are they going to keep it open late?  The game is 830, so im thinking we went be out of the park before midnight

They're always open until 3:00 on Friday and Saturday nights, so no need to worry.

Offline dab222

« Reply #590: October 12, 2012, 12:18:43 AM »
They're always open until 3:00 on Friday and Saturday nights, so no need to worry.

Phew..thats a relief

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #591: October 12, 2012, 08:47:45 AM »
Phew..thats a relief

Also, just so you don't worry about other games, the Nationals WILL announce when the last metro train is leaving.

But since the Metro is going to be kept open for these games hopefully that should not happen.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #592: October 13, 2012, 06:25:12 PM »
Hello Everyone! I am going to attempt to answer your non-baseball operations related questions (NOT why dont you sign so-and-so, why did you trade so-and-so, etc.) about Nationals Park! I cant promise I can answer every question personally, but I am willing to give it a go!

Give me shout!

Are there still plans to turn the Red Loft into a brew pub and to open it up year round once there are enough local residents in the neighborhood apartments to support it?

Offline machpost

« Reply #593: October 15, 2012, 02:03:56 PM »
Are there still plans to turn the Red Loft into a brew pub and to open it up year round once there are enough local residents in the neighborhood apartments to support it?

That would only work if they adjusted the prices in the offseason, because nobody is going to pay ballpark prices for beers if they have a choice.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #594: October 15, 2012, 02:06:14 PM »
When will seats for next season's Opening Day be sold?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #595: October 15, 2012, 02:06:55 PM »
That would only work if they adjusted the prices in the offseason, because nobody is going to pay ballpark prices for beers if they have a choice.

Sure, they already do that with cheaper beer prices at the Miller Lite Scoreboard for pregames.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #596: October 15, 2012, 02:22:46 PM »
When will seats for next season's Opening Day be sold?

Last season the general sale began 8th March; there was a pre-sale for incumbent STH on 23rd-26th February. It'll probably be sometime round those dates.

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #597: October 15, 2012, 03:01:03 PM »
These are very stupid questions, considering how long I've been going to games, but: can someone explain what the Stars and Striples Club is, and what the PNC Diamond Club is?

Do I need to have CF tickets to sit and eat at the Red Porch? Do CF tickets get you anything besides the seat (ie, food?)

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #598: October 15, 2012, 05:12:45 PM »

Do you mean a pub? A brew pub would require that place to be doubled or tripled in size to fit the brewery part of the brew pub.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #599: October 15, 2012, 05:15:36 PM »
These are very stupid questions, considering how long I've been going to games, but: can someone explain what the Stars and Striples Club is, and what the PNC Diamond Club is?

Do I need to have CF tickets to sit and eat at the Red Porch? Do CF tickets get you anything besides the seat (ie, food?)

Stars and Stripes CLub is the 200 level seats behind home plate. There's some better food options, but it's not free.

PNC Diamond Club is right down behind home plate, that does include a buffet and you can get a selection of ballpark favorites delivered to your seat.

THe Red Porch is just a sit down concession stand with servers, anyone with a ticket can sit in there.

Regarding the CF seats with the tables, those tickets come loaded with a set amount of food and beverage credit.