Author Topic: Vidro? (cleaned up)  (Read 4032 times)

CapitolCityGoofball

Vidro? (cleaned up)
« Topic Start: July 26, 2005, 07:29:35 PM »
Hello, new to this forum.   Nice to have a place with intelligent discussion.  (blast that accursed mlb.com forum!!!)

I have only followed this team since it came to DC, so that is what I base my opinions on.  I am a 20 year baseball fan.

This year, the Nats record without is Vidro 35-18!!, with Vidro it is 20-26.  One can argue that other players have been out or slumping while he was in the lineup, but he has botched too many chances in the field and at the plate for the W-L record to be pure coincidence.

Even if Vidro hits his stride offensively the last 2 months,  he is still a terrible baserunner and fielder.  The booted plays are bad enough, but  I can not recall seeing Vidro make a diving effort for a ball.   Guillen has talked about how he does not understand some of the great hitting multi-millionaire outfielders who don't respect the game enough to put forth the all out effort in the field.  I feel the same way - I have a hard time rooting for a guy who does not appear to play hard and get dirty.