Poll

When will NBA negotiations come to agreement and the  Wizards Season start?

Nov 2011
0 (0%)
Dec 2011
0 (0%)
Jan 2012
0 (0%)
Not gonna happen this season
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: September 29, 2011, 10:03:56 AM

Author Topic: NBA - Washington Wizards 2011-2012 Season- THEY'RE BACK........  (Read 15473 times)

Offline HalfSmokes

Ernie needs to go before he freaks up another draft, and flip is terrible, other than that, who would trade for blatche?

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
In Ted's Takes (Ted Leonsis) his blog, dated january 9, it was his birthday on January 8, Sunday, and he was sitting in the front row (courtside) seat of the Wizards game and he was not happy. He stated, in his blog, that some hard non-emotional decisions are going to have to be made about the Wizards team. Looks like changes are coming down the pike. Hope so, or it will be the worst season of record for the Wizards. Hope they realize they just have to let Flip Saunders move on, to somewhere else, and bring in a new coach and crew; and that Blatche time has come to go.......away..... :smh:

Could well be - if there's one thing Leonsis does take seriously, it's declining ticket sales (and specifically a declining season ticket base), and the Wizards haven't come close to selling out any of their four home fixtures thus far (attendance thus far is off 3.7% from last season's far-from-packed-out average of 16,891). Granted some of these matches have gone up against the NFL playoffs, but what's the excuse going to be once the Super Bowl is over and basketball pretty much has the stage to itself except when the Caps are playing? Even with much-reduced single ticket prices and some of the area's cheapest season tickets ($16/fixture on full STH basis in the centre-court 400's - Caps season tickets in that area cost almost three times as much), this team can't draw flies to a picnic.

Right now the constantly sold-out Capitals are Leonsis' cash cow - but for how much longer, given the constant playoff crash-outs and the funk the team is currently in (just lost two on the West Coast by identical 5-2 scores and are currently out of playoff position), to say nothing of ticket prices that have gone up 64% in the past five years and which will probably go up again for next season. I think he realises he needs to shore up the NBA end of the operation and at least make it watchable again, and I expect he'll act if things don't get turned round very soon.

Offline ronnynat

Verizon Center 15 minutes ago. Yikes.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future

Offline ronnynat

The team plays so much better when Blatche is on the bench. Booker should be our #1 PF.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
The team plays so much better when Blatche is on the bench. Booker should be our #1 PF.

I like this lineup. Wall - Young - Singleton - Booker - McGee.

That's what it should be every day, unless they're tired. Keep that lineup until we can get a better SF/PF to start.

Offline ronnynat

+11 with Vesely in the game so far. Gotta keep him in.

Up by 12 at the half.

Offline PC

Can they hang on???

Offline ronnynat

:clap:  good game

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vesely looked damn good, Blatche not starting made a HUGE difference.

Offline HalfSmokes

the got the monkey off their backs, but the season just lost a lot of it's interest now that the streak is dead

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Ok, can someone please tell me what happened to Ted Leonsis?  He looks like a goddamn whale now.  Seriously, I think he and I are wearing the same jacket size now.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Ok, can someone please tell me what happened to Ted Leonsis?  He looks like a goddamn whale now.  Seriously, I think he and I are wearing the same jacket size now.

I ran into him about 3 years ago, and it surprised me how fat he was then.  I've no doubt he's bigger now. 

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
He's kind of orange colored now, too.  Maybe too much time in the tanning booth.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
I ran into him about 3 years ago, and it surprised me how fat he was then.  I've no doubt he's bigger now. 

He looks terrible, like about to have a stroke at any moment terrible.  Granted, so do I but I hit the gym six days a week and am obsessive about what I eat.  He just looks really, really bad.  You'd think the guy would do something about it given that he's got plenty of dough.  The thing that was weird was noticing that he looks just as bad in a $4,000 suit as a whale as I do in a $400 one.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Jan Vesely looked like a solid player.  Vesely, Singleton, Wall, McGee, and Booker are fun to watch.  Probalby still need one of Mason or Young on the court at all times because they're the only players that can shoot.  McGee and Wall make dumb mistakes too often but at least they seem to care.  Lewis, Baltche, and the rest should be glued to the bench or traded if possible.

They're still not going to win more than ten games but they should at least be fun to watch with high energy and good effort on defense. 

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Are the Raptors really that bad with ball control?  They were turdible.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Keep starting the young guys. Singleton and Booker are much better than Lewis and Blatche starting.

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
It's simple, Leonsis' team started winning = more money = more expensive richer foods. Always happens that way. Look at Snyder, boosted the Redskins market value and got bigger, never fails.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
It's simple, Leonsis' team started winning = more money = more expensive richer foods. Always happens that way. Look at Snyder, boosted the Redskins market value and got bigger, never fails.

Eh, Leonsis had mega fook you money before buying both teams.  He looks like an orange whale now.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
Eh, Leonsis had mega fook you money before buying both teams.  He looks like an orange whale now.
I  think Ted Leonsis looks bad -I asked if he was having health issues or was he ill? He doesn't look well. Plus, it's not like he couldn't have his own Chef to prepare his meals for weight management; after all the man is listed in Forbes on the "List of Billionaires in America"........
 Don't know how Ted Leonsis can keep up the daily pace he does, with all his businesses and charity work,carrying the extra weight - not healthy at all....hope he realizes that, and gets it under control soon - so he will be around for many years to come as the owner of the Caps and Wizards...... :popcorn:

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
(Image removed from quote.)

Verizon Center 15 minutes ago. Yikes.

...the announced attendance of 14,077 (slightly higher than Sunday) was a bit overstated, although from about the second quarter on it was looking somewhat healthier. At tip-off, however, section 410 (east end zone, usually filled to capacity at Caps matches) was completely empty.

Offline CatsEye

I think this is just stretching excuses a little too far by Flip Saunders and why the Wizards are not winning.
 See  www.yardbarker.com - article dated 11 Jan.,titled "Flip Saunders Says John Wall, Wizards Played in Too Many Summer Leagues".....

I mean - Are you serious Flip ?.........Geez-zo Flip ...... :asplode:

Offline HalfSmokes

I don't think flip cares; he's owed a lot of money, and maybe he just wants to sit on a like in minnesota and ice fish?

Offline CatsEye

I don't think flip cares; he's owed a lot of money, and maybe he just wants to sit on a like in minnesota and ice fish?
    Flip is beginning to sound like Manny Acta did, with all his lame excuses when the Nationals were losing....and losing. Flip is not helping the team's creditability,with that type of lameness.......there comes a time when you just have to grit your teeth and say "no comment"......or ignore the question....  :smh: