Poll

When will NBA negotiations come to agreement and the  Wizards Season start?

Nov 2011
0 (0%)
Dec 2011
0 (0%)
Jan 2012
0 (0%)
Not gonna happen this season
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: September 29, 2011, 10:03:56 AM

Author Topic: NBA - Washington Wizards 2011-2012 Season- THEY'RE BACK........  (Read 15352 times)

Online HalfSmokes

Carmelo was traded for the better part of a team- guys who did lead their new team to the playoffs, he was also a free agent the following season, I'm sure rashard Lewis will have new Orleans winning in no time

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
It was a trade of a couple of rotation players for an expiring contract.  That doesn't make it crap for crap - both teams got something they needed. 

The Carmelo trade was a bunch of rotation players for Carmelo.  How were they guys Denver got better than Okafor and Ariza?

Here is the trade -

February 22, 2011: As part of a 3-team trade, traded by the Denver Nuggets with Renaldo Balkman, Chauncey Billups, Anthony Carter and Shelden Williams to the New York Knicks; the Denver Nuggets traded a 2015 2nd round draft pick to the Minnesota Timberwolves; the Minnesota Timberwolves traded Kosta Koufos to the Denver Nuggets; the Minnesota Timberwolves traded Corey Brewer to the New York Knicks; the New York Knicks traded Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, cash, a 2012 2nd round draft pick, a 2013 2nd round draft pick and a 2014 1st round draft pick to the Denver Nuggets; and the New York Knicks traded Eddy Curry, Anthony Randolph and cash to the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Online HalfSmokes

You're right, Ernie is a genus, playoffs here we come- those 'rotation' players as you called them did lead a team to the playoffs, unlike wall (seriowhat, this team has two of the biggest busts at number 1 on draft history) who seems better suited leading a team into the lottery every year

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
You're right, Ernie is a genus, playoffs here we come- those 'rotation' players as you called them did lead a team to the playoffs, unlike wall (seriowhat, this team has two of the biggest busts at number 1 on draft history) who seems better suited leading a team into the lottery every year

So...they should have kept Rashard Lewis?  Traded him for Dwight Howard?  Cry in a corner about how John Wall is not Lebron James?

Online HalfSmokes

At this point I really don't care, they're a train wreck that's fun to watch- this isn't baseball or football where they can fix it by scheming or working on the minor leagues- no free agent is coming here (and the salary they judt took on clinces that) and they going to have to luck into a couple of stars (not euros who cant shoot) in the draft

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Wait, I thought they got rid of a bad contract.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
They got rid of McGee and Young who were talented but immature knuckleheads.  They picked up some blue collar type vets who should help next year.  They're not world-beaters but they'll improve the club.

If they just cut Blatche then they'll finally be able to start fresh.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Wait, I thought they got rid of a bad contract.

Lewis was a bad contract because he was old, always hurt and was awful when he was on the court.  These two new guys are overpaid but solid players.

Online HalfSmokes

They got rid of McGee and Young who were talented but immature knuckleheads.  They picked up some blue collar type vets who should help next year.  They're not world-beaters but they'll improve the club.

If they just cut Blatche then they'll finally be able to start fresh.

Getting rid of McGhee (now a free agent) forced them to take on a horrendous contract, they traded away lewis (expiring contract, who was willing to be bought out) and took on $43 million over the next two years, one step forward, two steps back

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Well, I disagree.  They brought in better players.  Getting rid of knuckleheads and chuckleheads was one step forward.  Bringing in solid vets, even if they are overpaid, is another step forward.

Just sitting back and hoping to luck into some mythical all star free agent while losing 3/4 of your games year after year is not working.  They need to bring in some guys that can play.  All the guys they brought in can play.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
They should just be contracted.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
I saw some nugget that they are the only team that has not won more than 47 games in the last 30 years.  I may be off on the exact number of wins or years, but it's something close to that.  They have alternated between pitiful and mediocre.  The last couple of years, they've been pitiful with players that have been embarrassments off the court.  Even for Bullets/Wizards fans, that is unacceptable.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Let's be real - the NBA doesn't have the talent to support the number of teams they have.  No matter what Captain Mystic Tan believes, the Wizards are a joke and have drafted trash and piss poor players the past couple of drafts.  Why delay the inevitable.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Let's be real - the NBA doesn't have the talent to support the number of teams they have.  No matter what Captain Mystic Tan believes, the Wizards are a joke and have drafted trash and piss poor players the past couple of drafts.  Why delay the inevitable.

I think your argument is spot on.   To expand it a bit, it's why all pro sports are "watered down".    Too much market and not enough talent.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun

Could be.  Seems like the league is OK with having about 5 or 6 good teams beating up on the Milwaukee's, DC's, and Sacramento's of the NBA.  And the officiating of games does nothing to dispel the notion that the system is set up for the few teams with 'superstars' to win.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Could be.  Seems like the league is OK with having about 5 or 6 good teams beating up on the Milwaukee's, DC's, and Sacramento's of the NBA.  And the officiating of games does nothing to dispel the notion that the system is set up for the few teams with 'superstars' to win.

This has been an ongoing "issue" for the NBA for years.   "Back in the day" (whatever the hell that means) there was always the undercurrent that the Lakers/Celtics/Knicks, etc. got the breaks and that Mendy Rudolf (sp)/Garretson (sp), etc. were merely the enablers.    I knew a guy (NBA player) who swore Jerry West could mug Jesus Christ and get away with it in the NBA.    Of course, Jesus didn't have a jump shot.   LOL

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
I saw some nugget that they are the only team that has not won more than 47 games in the last 30 years.  I may be off on the exact number of wins or years, but it's something close to that.  They have alternated between pitiful and mediocre.  The last couple of years, they've been pitiful with players that have been embarrassments off the court.  Even for Bullets/Wizards fans, that is unacceptable.

Actually it's even worse - since their title-defence season of 1978-79 when they went 54-28, they have hit the 45-win mark only once - in the 2004-05 season, when the Wizards went 45-37 and beat the Bulls in the first round for their first playoff series win in 23 years, inaugurating an era (2004-08) that I call 'The False Spring': http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/WAS/

continued in 2012-2013 thread - http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=27015.0